Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: The Best Carto Tanks

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheur View Post
    ...I cannot wait to fiddle with my thingie. In fact I tried fiddling with similar thingies but they left me empty and feeling unfulfilled. I am really looking forward to fiddling with a thingie that will leave me full of juice and raring to go.
    Why did reading that make me feel so dirty?

Blog Entries

I've got at least a couple dozen tanks. All are either pyrex or polypropylene tubed, no polycarbonate (these can crack, melt, or leach chemicals into your juice with certain flavors).

For an up to date listing of flavors that can ruin your polycarbonate tubed attachments, click here:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...ml#post7580953

Smoktech Polypro DCT, OCD pyrex tanks from IBTanked, Triple V pyrex from Valley View, custom pyrex tanks from High Desert Vapes, Pro-V Cartomator from Vaporflexion (polycarbonate tube replaced with pyrex tube from Clouds of Vapor (Siam Mods manufacturer), and Bella Elegance caps from Hoosier Vapes fitted with a Phiniac pyrex tube.

In the end, all of these work pretty much the same. They merely are a larger reservoir for our e-juice to feed a cartomizer. Their job is to not leak the juice, allow relatively easy refills of juice and exchange of new cartos, and be reasonabley durable to not crack/melt with certain flavors, and not shatter when accidentally dropped from from a short fall or after tipping on a table.

They can also be a decorative top piece for our vaping devices. Many tanks are quite pleasing to the eye and many can be considered collectors items as they are one of a kind.

My only caution to someone new to buying carto tanks is with the Triple V pyrex tanks. Not that there is an issue, but potential buyers should be aware that the default version of these do not come with the traditional endcaps that most other cartotanks come with. These come with a silicone grommet in place of endcaps. To fill with juice, you are required to insert a needle between the cartomizer and the grommet. Inserting the needle causes that section of the grommet to be pulled futher into the tank, and must be teased back into place with some sort of tool. Personally, this was a pain in the but to me. I find filling and assembling a cartotank the old-fashioned and traditional way to be much easier. So, my advice, if you are interested in this tank, be sure to order the optional aluminum endcaps that are available on the website.

I also highly recommend any cartotank user to obtain the tank accessory tool from Big Daddy Vapor called the Slap-Yo-Momma tool. PBsuardo does an excellent and amusing review of it on his website and also on YouTube. Best. Tank. Tool. Period.

You can view many of my tanks by clicking the link in my signature below.
    Last edited by Baditude; 11-01-2012 at 10:12 PM. Reason: changed "polycarbonate" for "polypropylene" in second sentence
    tnt56 and gerrymi like this.

PV Master* Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Baditude View Post
    Why did reading that make me feel so dirty?
    Because you got the "thingy".
    Baditude likes this.
    Started vaping on 09/05/2012
    If I stumble and fall, I will get back up. I will never ever give up!

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I have several grommet tanks, I fill them just like any other tank. I pull the carto down until there is an opening between the carto and grommet the fill with a needle bottle or syringe. When full I push the carto back up through the grommet. I do use a filling tip btw, makes it easier to guide the carto through the grommet...

Anodized DCT Refilling Drip Tip, Black

gerrymi likes this.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheur View Post
    I have several grommet tanks, I fill them just like any other tank. I pull the carto down until there is an opening between the carto and grommet the fill with a needle bottle or syringe. When full I push the carto back up through the grommet. I do use a filling tip btw, makes it easier to guide the carto through the grommet...
    Which grommet tanks do you have, Absintheur? I found the grommets that the Valley View Vapes pyrex tanks use to fit extremely tight, so tight that it is not easy at all for a carto to slide up or down throught the grommet.

The High Desert pyrex tanks also use grommets, but they allow cartomizers to slide through them with very little difficulty. I have no issues with using them.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Oh I got their tanks with the side-fill hole and screw..

Triple V Polypro Tanks

Cheap and efficient

Very nice guy there, Ray.. He wrote a little thank you on the receipt.. Made me feel special :P
    Last edited by tracilynnie; 11-01-2012 at 07:06 PM.
    Snus likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I use the basic ones from madvapes. They tend to last me about 6 months +/- before o-rings need to be replaced, or I have dropped it enough times the tank cracks. I vaped red hot cinnamon continuously for months and never had a problem either.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Baditude View Post
    Which grommet tanks do you have, Absintheur? I found the grommets that the Valley View Vapes pyrex tanks use to fit extremely tight, so tight that it is not easy at all for a carto to slide up or down throught the grommet.

The High Desert pyrex tanks also use grommets, but they allow cartomizers to slide through them with very little difficulty. I have no issues with using them.
    The one in the pic is from Hot Vapes, I also have one from High Desert. I always lube with juice before inserting the carto and after filling I make sure there is juice on the inside of the grommet. The filling tip makes it very easy to guide the carto back up.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tracilynnie View Post
    Oh I got their tanks with the side-fill hole and screw..

Triple V Polypro Tanks

Cheap and efficient

Very nice guy there, Ray.. He wrote a little thank you on the receipt.. Made me feel special :P
    These definitely are great tanks! Ray also runs weekly contests, so you could even win one! The best part is that they are very durable, so you don't have to worry about dropping them or what juices you are putting in to them!

My other faves are the Boge F16 tanks! Vapor Beast sells them for $5.99 with free shipping! That includes everything you need, 'cept the juice, of course, lol!
    http://www.vaporbeast.com/SearchResu...&Submit=Search
    They are just like the Smok DCT's, except they come with a boge carto that has 2 small holes. Never had any wicking problems with vg heavy juices! They hold 5 mils! Plus, I found that not all my batteries liked the dual coils! Since they are the same size, you could always buy the replacement cartos for them. Just be careful not too pull them too far out when refilling, as you can dump your juice!

If you want something more expensive, phiniac has some great looking glass tanks, as does high desert vapes. Valley View also sells glass, but I don't think he sells any fancy ones....

Lots of inexpensive ways to get started with tanks! I love 'em!
    gerrymi likes this.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Snus View Post
    Ray also runs weekly contests, so you could even win one!
    Posts like this aren't going to help me win. How about you stop telling people and just tell them to buy tanks like I do?
    Snus and tracilynnie like this.
    June 13, 2012. That's all.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast