Vaping parents & second hand vape
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Vaping parents & second hand vape

Default Vaping parents & second hand vape

I have a 5 month old and I still get a little paranoid when my bf vapes while holding him. I am constantly flailing my arms around like a crazy person to get it out of his face. Mind you, he's not blowing it AT him, just near.
    I am not looking forward to the day he grabs ahold of his VAMO and sticks it in his mouth. -____-
    Better then finding analogs though I suppose!

Sent from my LG-C800 using Tapatalk 2
    LadyVaper likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

San Antonio TX Travel the country for work

I think this is a very valid concern. We have to make sacrifices for our children. I smoked out side when mine were young I think Vaping in the next room is acceptable. I think you are a normal caring mother and you should stick to your guns you can never be to safe with your child's health!
    LadyVaper, CGlassford and HOPS like this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I would be paranoid about that too.. My wife and I are expecting in the next few weeks, and I'm not planning to vape around the baby. It might not be harmful or anything, but I don't want to take the chance.

I was raised in a house full of smokers and I turned out fine, as far as I'm aware of at lease ::twitch:: :P
    NICnurse, Buggs5347 and genesis530 like this.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

i dont vape while holding my grand kids either.
    never smoked in my house so thats not an issue.So worrying
    about your little ones health is a normal thing dont feel bad about it

PV Master ECF Veteran

I think the vapor in a closed room if it is thick and hanging in the air can irritate some people's eyes. I wouldn't do it in a closed car or too close to a baby.

I would say the same. I have a 5 & 7 year old and try not to vape around them....I do vape at my office desk in my room, but they aren't in here much....

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I am only adding my because baby's are Gods gift and should be cared for as such!
    My hubby does not vape, he is still smoking. But when I vape around him, he does make comments about the vaper being much thicker and makes him feel like he is fighting for breath, (oxygen) I too have noticed since I stopped smoking cigs and started vaping, I have a much wetter cough. I do notice when I am sitting at my desk, in this small office, vaping. The air is much thicker. So my opinion on this is that if it was my baby (and I have 4) I would not vape around them. The next room is fine but anything within 2-3 feet I would leave the room. The vaper from ECigs is thicker and may make it harder for the baby to breath comfortably. BUT also, it is a heck of a lot healthier than analogs.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

My youngest is 13 months. I don't mind vaping with him in the room, i just open a window, but not while he's on my lap. He is however ALWAYS reaching for my mod, just like my keys,cell phone, tv remote, everything... just gotta keep it out of reach.
    kewlceo likes this.

I suppose i will continue to push my argument. Even though baby daddy will most likely read this.
    So keep em coming!
    Maybe once the baby gets ahold of and drops/throws the vamo he'll get it. Lol

Sent from my LG-C800 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by vap0rb00bz; 01-27-2013 at 08:23 PM.
    Hokus and juicejunky like this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I have a 2 year old - I don't vape if she's in the room. I read a study that said second hand e cig vapor is pretty much harmless . . but, still, it feels wrong.
    Idaholandho likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast