Trustfire charger question.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rickajho

Thread: Trustfire charger question.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Trustfire charger question.

Earlier this week I made a post about these 2 18350 batteries that have been slowly dying on me after only had them for 2 weeks.. I use to get 4.1v out of them full charge now I'm only getting 3.7v and they die quick now.. On the side of the charger there is a switch that says 3.6- 3.0v... where should it be set to?
    & 2 Infernos, VAMO, iTaste MVP!!

Super Member Verified Member

I just bought a trustfire charger a few days ago, and I keep it on the 3.6 setting, but then again I could be charging the batteries wroung. I Can't find a manual for this charger anywhere .. Hope someone else post about this.

I would like some info on this aswell!

Senior Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

The 18350 batts should be charged to 4.2 volts, not 3.7. You are not fully charging them with that charger. My Trustfire charger Model TR-001 is rated at 4.2v 500ma. I got mine from My Freedom Smokes

Trustfire Mod Battery Charger - MyFreedomSmokes.com

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Sound like it's the wrong TrustFire charger. I have one with the 3 or 3.6 volt switch and that is made for CR123A batteries that are rated at either 3.0 or 3.6 volts output. Although 18350's will fit in that charger too... you have the wrong charger.

Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Yes, it does seem like the wrong charger. It should have a 4.2 and a 3.6 setting. Also, trustfire is the low end of the LI-Ion battery market. I was throwing out a trustfire battery every month or two. I got an xtar charger and 4 panasonic batteries about 10 months ago, they are all still going strong. I recommend xtar chargers or the Pila and panasonic batteries to most big batt users.

Edit: I don't sell hardware and I don't want to link to anyone else's site because I don't want to break the rules. Otherwise I would tell you exactly where to find these at great prices. You can PM me if you like?
    Last edited by Aras; 01-31-2013 at 12:59 PM.

ECF Veteran

I got a 6 bay charger today.. On the site it said 18350 and up.. Well the instructions don't mention 18350 batteries.. ...!

ECF Veteran

Well it was my Trustfire charger. Just took the 18350's off the new charger and they register at 4.3v.. So we will see.