How much nicotine do you absorb from vaping?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DC2

Thread: How much nicotine do you absorb from vaping?

Default How much nicotine do you absorb from vaping?

Are there any studies that show how much nicotine your body actually absorbs when you vape?

I read that a cigarette has about 10mg of nicotine in it, but your body actually only absorbs 10mg per cigarette. I know that there are a lot worse things in a cigarette than the nicotine, but I'm just curious if I could do some comparisons.

Blog Entries

With ruyans, e-cig, in studies they found, per puff, the 16mg/ml cartos resulted in roughly 50% of the blood absorbtion of nicotine compared to a smoked ciggarette.

So in general I would say that its a fair bit less in mini's (cig-a-likes) than with smoking based on this.

But we dont have any good science on higher wattage devices yet, you may get a bit more from those.

Still, again from ruyans study, nicotine inhalers deliver about twice as much as ciggie per puff, and I doubt personally it would ever get that high, probably more like ciggarette equivilant nic doses at best.
    Last edited by Drael; 02-12-2013 at 08:00 AM.
    Vaping doesn't normalise smoking, because its NOT smoking. A green/blue/purple led, on a black, blue, green, or stainless steel electronic device, does not look visually like a cigarette even at a glance.

Account closed on request

Whatever Nicotine-mg per ml..You're absorbing roughly half of that.

PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I believe the studies that say we absorb 10% to 30% of the nic we got from cigarettes when we vape. It explains why we use them as pacifiers and can't lay them down for long.

And I only smoked 6 a day for two years before that.

Provari and Sigelei Zmax V3 | CASAA Member

Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I agreed with Dave ^^^ that it's between 10%-30%.
    Nicotine stay in our body not for very long time based on the fact that a half life of nicotine is only 60 min so most of us are using ecigs as pacifiers.

HowStuffWorks "How Nicotine Works"