allergic to vapor allergic to vapor - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: allergic to vapor allergic to vapor

Ultra Member ECF Veteran mare ze dotes's Avatar

I am allergic to many perfumes. I have found that I am allergic to some of the flavours. I break out in hives. Around my neck and all up and down my arms. That is true. I went to flavor less real fast. DIY like. That was a good thing. It got me off the real cigarettes.

I am doing just the tinyests bit of flavours. I am not an itching big bundel of .... whatever. I guess it is a bit of test and go. I do like my watermelon.
    chellemmm likes this.
    Air is good. Its like the best air.

Super Member ECF Veteran Whosback's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You kidding man you're vapor is effecting me way over here. No but seriously that is a bit odd but not impossible.
    Lord Pancake of Vamora

Pride Male Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dherrington View Post
    Yeah. I have been griping about it all week. I might as well stop. A guy at work claims the vapor is making his skin break out from 40 feet away. Does he not shower either because he is allergic to water vapor. No wait. Based on the look of him I think I already know the answer to that one. Lol There. Last time I will ..... about this particular subject.
    Just hearing a thing like that makes me doubly glad to have a private office. The ability to vape and have private conferences with our new associate...

New Associate.jpg

So she can take proper notes! Jeez...what were you guys thinking? Get your minds out of the gutter! I am just her mentor, nothing more.
    gthompson and SupplyDaddy like this.

There are no men like me. There’s only me.
    ---Jaime Lannister

Free at last Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by mare ze dotes View Post
    I am allergic to many perfumes. I have found that I am allergic to some of the flavours. I break out in hives. Around my neck and all up and down my arms. That is true. I went to flavor less real fast. DIY like. That was a good thing. It got me off the real cigarettes.

I am doing just the tinyests bit of flavours. I am not an itching big bundel of .... whatever. I guess it is a bit of test and go. I do like my watermelon.
    There's a big difference between you vaping something and being allergic to it and you standing 40 feet away from someone else vaping something and being allergic to it.

Super Member Verified Member

it seems i'm allergic to PG, but that only affects my breathing if i inhale it directly. not from 40 ft away.
    more likely someone near them has changed perfume or cologne. Hi Karate !!!

Accessories Supplier ECF Veteran Kayte's Avatar

I wonder if he has the same allergic reaction when someone pulls a cake out of the oven. Same difference really -- flavoring, PG. Seems to me that everything in e-liquid except the nicotine is also in a cake mix.

Full Member Verified Member Argusi's Avatar

I know a few people that are allergic to PG. One has been doing ecigs for years. 2 guys get headaches and one gets an upset stomach. They smoke VG all day long with no issues.

EDIT: Of course, I have never heard of anyone having a reaction from 2nd hand vapor...

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I imagine someone with a strong allergy to something in the flavor like cinnamon might have a reaction. I am just not sure it would happen at 40 ft. :P

Super Member ECF Veteran sachavaca's Avatar

I have a freind that says my vg juice makes his lips dry but not at 40 feet

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I'm allergic to pg. and I'm not really that sensitive to things unless they're on me for a long time and have strong chemicals in them like certain lotions or metals or what have you...but pg and maybe some of these weird compounds they're putting in to flavor and scent the juice swells up the roof of my mouth, especially if some juice gets on my lips or tongue my skin swells and feels raw. I say maybe it has to do with what they're putting in it because it happens to a greater or lesser degree depending on who the juice is from and what kind it is. Vapor bomb juice doesn't do anything, but same mix from mbv and i have a reaction, hhv too.

I've totally heard of that though, if even the smallest amounts of something touches sometimes skin via air they react. A girl at my job couldn't breathe when someone in the office next to her opened a burger with a lot of raw onions on it, which she was allergic to...it happens
    Last edited by Altaire Versailles; 05-05-2013 at 12:27 AM.
    tomzgreat likes this.
    "You see that we're all canaries in the coal mine on this one?" -Barris

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast