How to clean and maintain the Kanger Pro Tank, and the EVOD BCC
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: How to clean and maintain the Kanger Pro Tank, and the EVOD BCC

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Default How to clean and maintain the Kanger Pro Tank, and the EVOD BCC

Alright, so I started vaping April 29th. The evod bcc and some blank boge cartos were the first devices I bought that go on the batteries I bought (ego twist).

Considering how much I enjoy the EVOD bcc (and completely disliked cartos), I went and bought another EVOD, and a kanger pro tank.

Enough introduction , lol, My question is as follows:

What is the best way to clean and maintain the EVOD and / or the Kanger Pro tank?

I searched a bit on here, but couldn't find too much. This is all very new to me, and I like to maintain the stuff I buy. I already noticed the new evod bcc that came in the mail today hits better than the one I got April 29th.

1) Best way to clean EVOD and Kanger Pro tank
    2) How to maintain EVOD and Kanger Pro Tank (how often to clean, any other tips/maintenance advice
    3) How often should I change the atomizer heads, or how will I know when the time is ready? I've heard that when it tastes burnt, to change it.....but should I always wait until that long?

Thanks in advance guys

Ultra Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    ECF Veteran

Well, with my protank, I always rinse them off and let them soak in very hot water for about an hour then I put them on a paper towel to air dry overnight. I do this pretty much after every tank so I don't get that burning taste. They will eventually die, the coils will just give out. If you are so inclined you would do well to learn to re-wick them yourself, that is the cheapest way and they say the re-wicked ones work even better. Very cheap and supposedly every easy to do.

Go here to learn how: Very straight forward and remember to tell Face Meat that Angel sent ya lol
    Kanger protank rebuild
    daleron likes this.

ECF Veteran

Oh and I forgot, the protanks and the evod wicks are interchangeable the only difference is the post...that's it. So if you rebuild then you are in essence rebuilding for both.
    Litta'sGabby likes this.

ECF Veteran

bump y'all lmao...probably needs to be moved to tanks section though.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Thank you

What about the EVOD?

I didn't put this in the tank section because I need to clean my EVOD, and I'm not sure how to clean it either.

So, I haven't even assembled my pro tank yet.....it looks like its 4 pieces? When I clean it, do I take all the 4 pieces apart, then rinse, then let dry? Or do I not take all the pieces apart?

Same with the EVOD. Do I unscrew it, then unscrew the atomizer head, then rinse it?

ECF Veteran

Protank should only be in 3 pieces, the tank, the bottom and the coil. Always take your coils off of the bottom part and rinse everything and let the wick part soak in hot water, rinse it really well. There are lots of people on here who use vodka to soak their wicks in then they let them air dry. Oh...the 4th piece of your protank, you must be talking about the cone that makes it look good with your ego battery. It's a 510 threaded tank and the cone makes it look good with your battery, otherwise it would look like, as someone put it, a sonic screwdriver.
    molli and daleron like this.

ECF Veteran

Your atomizer heads are what you soak in hot water or vodka. Let them soak for a while and then lay them on paper towels to dry overnight.
    supermarket likes this.

ECF Veteran

Go here, this should help you some.
    Alcohol for Cleaning Atomizer Head in Joye

Lurker-Q & TWR Co-Mod Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by supermarket View Post
    Thank you

What about the EVOD?

I didn't put this in the tank section because I need to clean my EVOD, and I'm not sure how to clean it either.

So, I haven't even assembled my pro tank yet.....it looks like its 4 pieces? When I clean it, do I take all the 4 pieces apart, then rinse, then let dry? Or do I not take all the pieces apart?

Same with the EVOD. Do I unscrew it, then unscrew the atomizer head, then rinse it?
    Your Evod is a tank Supermarket & yes it comes apart pretty much the same as the Pro Tank - just smaller pieces
    supermarket and AngelsBreath like this.
    Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly ~~~Anon

Account closed on request

I have more RBAs than I have sense and I alternatingly use them all. To speed up the washing process, I invested in an inexpensive ultrasonic cleaner from Amazon. This thing is terrific at getting everything clean. Just let dry overnight, dry burn, and you're set again!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast