ohm meter?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By jSquared
  • 1 Post By FinallyQuit

Thread: ohm meter?

Senior Member Verified Member

Default ohm meter?

Ok this is probably far beyond my league since i just started vaping a week ago but i just saw a thread about rebuilding a protank coil so i was like ill give that a shot
    but is there a way to measure the ohms on my ego c twist ?

Super Member ECF Veteran jSquared's Avatar

I'm afraid not. You'll need a multimeter to do that. They're not particularly expensive and have many other uses beyond testing resistance.

JJ

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Wow, another question posted before I could get around to it. I've seen youtube vids of the little machine that is out of stock everywhere you look, I was looking at buying a multimeter but how exactly would you use it? Put the positive post to the coil, the negative post to the base, do you need to fire it on a battery? What if you made a boo-boo, then fire it on your battery and fry it? [I have a history of fried battery ego-t style.]

Thanks in advance!

Super Member ECF Veteran jSquared's Avatar
    liveone likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

This is what i do - i used Vivi Nova tanks as an example - it's the same for them all.

"For a Nova i find this the easiest: set the meter to read Ohms at the lowest setting - a lot of meters have that at 200 on the dial, select that. Touch one probe to the outside of the threads on the nova tank and the other to the center pin in the middle of the threads. Note the reading.

If your meter does not self zero - and a lot don't - touch the probes together and note this reading. Subtract it from the one you got above"

T

You are what you eat? I don't remember eating a sexy beast this morning!

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

THIS is what I have. And for $9.38 I think it's a steal.
    Paps, Piccolo, Knight-SE, Kiss-QE, G16, Hammer, BaGua17 & Ti, JM16, Stingray-X & Black, IQ Hybrid, Sirius2, P'vari, Vari-Mini, WAE2, bOd, VS-DNA, Vaper-V4 / Erlkönigin, Prometey1 & 2, KFL, K-Mini, eBaron, R91 Black, Spheroid, Aqua, Estia, Scuba-QE, GVTT, Sophia, Diver2, Killer705, Senio-D, Aiolos-T

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Excellent video, thanks for the responses! Now, the only multimeter that Lowe's had in stock was over $50, I don't need to spend that much do I? *edit, qorax I didn't see your response before posting this. I'm heading that way now!
    qorax likes this.

ECF Veteran

If you have a harbor freight near by they have decent ones for a good price. http://www.harborfreight.com/7-funct...ter-98025.html

ECF Veteran

Last small one I got was at Radio Shack, not sure you would have one local.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FinallyQuit View Post
    Excellent video, thanks for the responses! Now, the only multimeter that Lowe's had in stock was over $50, I don't need to spend that much do I? *edit, qorax I didn't see your response before posting this. I'm heading that way now!
    And the package (FREE Shipping) came in 11-days. Beat that!
    Paps, Piccolo, Knight-SE, Kiss-QE, G16, Hammer, BaGua17 & Ti, JM16, Stingray-X & Black, IQ Hybrid, Sirius2, P'vari, Vari-Mini, WAE2, bOd, VS-DNA, Vaper-V4 / Erlkönigin, Prometey1 & 2, KFL, K-Mini, eBaron, R91 Black, Spheroid, Aqua, Estia, Scuba-QE, GVTT, Sophia, Diver2, Killer705, Senio-D, Aiolos-T