Page 73 of 1559 FirstFirst ... 2363697071727374757677831231735731073 ... LastLast
Like Tree17821Likes

Thread: The FastTech Thread For All FastTech Posts

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Skypea View Post

I need to relearn how to quote more then one person at a time. I forgot how.
    The "+ button on the right, click that on each post you want to quote then click reply with quote.
    Skypea likes this.
    Just because you are offended doesn't mean you are right.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ref Minor View Post
    I started this thread so we can advise each other which products are good and which are not, I am simply a customer.

There aren't a lot of FastTech threads, I went back through the thread list a day or so ago after someone made that point to check for myself, there were 3 threads in the first 12 pages and one of those was this threads predecessor. The active FT thread is always on page one as there are a lot of people making purchases and asking questions about specific products so maybe it seems that way. To me this is a good thing for us ECF members as we can find out which FT products are quality clones and which are a bit crappy. No one wants a crappy product even for a $1 purchase.

I recall a post a while ago that said FT weren't allowed in the vendor section as they were not an exclusively eCig company, although I might be confusing ECF with AAEC forum there, either way that is between the ECF sales/advertising person and FT, nothing we can do about that.

eCigs are coming into a maturing market (assuming regulation doesn't change things), the days of one vendor per city and no competition is over. If it wasn't FT it would be someone else, very few industries with active competition, can sustain 300% profit margins, someone always realises there is far more money to be made selling volume at cheaper prices. The first US online vendor to realise this and able to expand their operation will make a fortune and if savvy will cement their brand, as we can see here that there is a fair amount of resistance amongst US online customers for ordering from overseas.

Back on topic, I opened up a second Evod last night and this had the longer head. I am not sure what difference it makes, it was interchangeable with the short head on my other Evod. Both Evods have been of a good build quality with no leaks.
    Very well said ref.

I don't understand evods. They are just like my MT3's or protank? No sense in me getting them too right? The vape should be the same? And evod heads are supposed to fit my protank so I heard. But the heads are shorter, well the center shaft is shorter. Are you saying the same kind had different heads?

Click to join. It's free!

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ref Minor View Post
    The "+ button on the right, click that on each post you want to quote then click reply with quote.
    Oh ya! Thank you.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

ECF Veteran

Very well said ref.

I don't understand evods. They are just like my MT3's or protank? No sense in me getting them too right? The vape should be the same? And evod heads are supposed to fit my protank so I heard. But the heads are shorter, well the center shaft is shorter. Are you saying the same kind had different heads?
    The centre pole is the same size on both Evods, the shaft on the new head that fits into the pole is about half a centimetre longer. It just sits further up inside the pole than the shorter one. I haven't noticed a difference in vape quality.
    Skypea likes this.

ECF Veteran

That's a clone, the others were Kanger brand. Good price if the quality is Ok.

Edit: Ordered one
    Last edited by Ref Minor; 06-21-2013 at 09:27 AM.
    Skypea, Heavyrocker and lilmrsyeti like this.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Oh it's a clone alright, Im vaping on the Kanger protank right now. Ft is saying there are slots at the base for flush mounting and the pics say otherwise. Just so you guys/gals are aware of that. Talk to you later, time for sleep. Have fun, happy vaping. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by shannannagans View Post
    Is it a FastTech T3 which is like a vivi/Kanger mix or a Kanger T3? I love my T3's from Kanger but I just received one of the FastTech weird ones today, and I haven't tried it yet. It's drying from it's warm bath after it's week of traveling.
    they're real kangers from easyvapors, they sell them pretty cheap, under $4

Mystagogue Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

(This is a cross post, but since I edited a screen shot this time of night I want to get some mileage out of it)

When you look at a Protank, it's a simple device and would be pretty difficult to screw up. Still, the one pictured is different from the 3 Protanks I have right in front of me.

It's not just that the Kangertech logo is missing (who cares?), but the design isn't the same. The mouthpiece is shorter; the top metal part is further down on the tube; the bottom cap is a different shape (perhaps aluminum?) and the metal air shaft going up from the coil is shorter. Not a big difference, probably won't affect the performance, but it's not the same.

e-pipeman, Skypea, chaos-7 and 6 others like this.
    ProVarinati Princess ~ Infanta del Phidiae-Reo ~ Baroness Boboni of Sigeleiland
    CASAA Member

No one needs a ProVari, but if you're thinking of getting one, join us ➤➤ Lunatic Fringe

Quote Originally Posted by Myk View Post
    I don't know what you're trying to screw on but the V2 does have eGo threads. I've got an eGo threaded adapter on mine so I don't screw it down to tight and pop the seal. I've put eGo-C tops on it an eGo cone on it.
    Are you thinking of some different kind of threading maybe? What are you trying to use?

My guess is they get too big and hard to keep track of, but I've only been part of one other that was shut down. I didn't see anything worth shutting it down other than it growing too large. Or it could be they don't want a bunch of FT threads going at the same time.

You didn't happen to screw it on tight did you?
    If you did you probably broke the seal and caused it to short out.

Look in the Vamo forum for a way to fix it, and a way to avoid it, which I mentioned above with the adapter to limit how far you can screw in.
    Broke the seal on what, the mod or the atty, I'm confused. I am going to get that adapter though cause I don't think the T3s are making contact. Gully said maybe the pos terminal post is pushed down but I'm afraid to pull it up, it's brand new. I already have a ticket started for the vivi nova that came doa.