Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree145Likes

Thread: PG and VG Questions

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by madstabber View Post
    I have smoked a cigarette dipped in formaldehyde and I can tell you it has an effect you would notice. If an ecig was producing formaldehyde and you were inhaling it you would be really messed up. Like having trouble walking and talking messed up.
    Sounds like a party! haha jk
    jimrug1 and glycerol like this.

Vape Long and Prosper

Do you mean organic as in the scientific word organic or do you mean as in certified organically grown? And does it really matter with most flavorings? Created flavorings are broken down into the unique flavor molecules then recombined to create the desired flavors. That means that any non necessary and in some cases potential harmful molecules can be left out. For most natural flavorings not listed as extractions they only use molecules taken from nature. For organic flavorings not listed as extractions they use organically grown bases from which to extract the flavor molecules used and do not add any non naturally concurring flavor molecules. Natural/organic extractions are made by pressure or exposure to heat and or alcohol. They include not just the desired flavor molecules but also anything else found in the organic that is extracted by the method.

In other words there is no clear evidence that natural or organic flavorings are going to positively be safer to vape than artificially created flavorings that are a combination of select flavor molecules. All that aside my suggestion would be to avoid flavors that are creamy, buttery, custard, milky or nutty because of the components that creates that flavor. You also might want to avoid flavors that potentially include the natural oils which would include any citrus, mint or cinnamon flavors.
    snork and The Ocelot like this.

I'm sticking with VG as well Soba as I don't like the taste of PG.

Quote Originally Posted by TampaToker69 View Post
    Sounds like a party! haha jk
    Lol u were thinking that too lol....

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by soba1 View Post
    Lol u were thinking that too lol....
    Sure was! hahahahahahahahahahaha

Vape Long and Prosper

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    Ricin is also pure and organic.
    So is formaldehyde.

And even if you're talking about the BS marketing term…if you know anything about industrial agriculture, you know it's complete garbage made to extract more money from yuppie .......
    Last edited by mostapha; 06-21-2013 at 08:48 PM.
    Mods: Nemesis (2x), Turtle Ship, Provari, Silver Bullet, Legacy, and some Reos.
    Toppers: Fatty v2, Cyclone+AFC, Kayfun Lite, Omega, and some Reomizers.
    If I see you post something positive about a counterfeit, you go on my ignore list.

Super Member ECF Veteran jimrug1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joyetech eGo-C View Post
    Now, I vape 100% VG on a single-coil 2.5Ω and that's like the coldest I can get on my airy protank without losing flavour, but I'm still woried about these chemicals. I used to enjoy vaping as a healthy alternative, now it seems like it's not so healthy and that sucks because I find myself reaching for analogs...
    Traces of

You must excuse me for a moment. Given what you posted below. I am trying to wrap my pea brain around the above logic. You are so worried about the amounts given below that you find your self reaching for ...... ! REALLY??

"acetaldehyde were detected in all examined EC solutions(0.081±0.042 μg/mL).
    Acetaldehyde was found in all EC vapors (0.153±0.116 μg/30 puffs), but at levels
    more than a thousand-fold lower than in tobacco smoke. Formaldehyde and acrolein
    were only found in vapors generated from glycerin-based solutions (0.116±0.022
    and0.110±0.190μg/30 puffs) and in tobacco smoke (12 and 32-fold higher levels,
    respectively)"

Last edited by jimrug1; 06-21-2013 at 08:59 PM.

PV Master ECF Veteran CommaHolly's Avatar

so we're concerned because vaping is ONLY 9-450 times safer than cigarettes? Serioiusly?

I'd like to see evidence that these carcinogenic chemicals are created from vg and pg in the FEW SECONDS the PV is that hot (if indeed it IS that hot),,,,,,

IOW, maybe it's required to maintain that temperature for a certain length of time before creating that chemical,,,,,,

I'm certainly no science nut,,,,,,,,but it makes a certain amount of sense.

I mean baking a cake is a chemical change,,,,,,,

yet it's required to hit a temp of 325 or 350 for a certain length of time before said chemical change happens,,,,,,

if I blasted my cake with 3-10 second doses of 350 degree temps,,,,,,,,,,,and then cooled it down,,,,,,,how long would it take to cook said cake??????

maybe I'm just being stupid,,,,,,,I don't know science that well.

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    So is formaldehyde.

And even if you're talking about the BS marketing term…if you know anything about industrial agriculture, you know it's complete garbage made to extract more money from yuppie .......
    Gosh I love the being on the fringe feeling I get being a vaper and part of this forum....
    Last edited by soba1; 06-21-2013 at 08:58 PM.
    Pollywollydoodle likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CommaHolly View Post
    so we're concerned because vaping is ONLY 9-450 times safer than cigarettes? Serioiusly?

I'd like to see evidence that these carcinogenic chemicals are created from vg and pg in the FEW SECONDS the PV is that hot (if indeed it IS that hot),,,,,,

IOW, maybe it's required to maintain that temperature for a certain length of time before creating that chemical,,,,,,

I'm certainly no science nut,,,,,,,,but it makes a certain amount of sense.

I mean baking a cake is a chemical change,,,,,,,

yet it's required to hit a temp of 325 or 350 for a certain length of time before said chemical change happens,,,,,,

if I blasted my cake with 3-10 second doses of 350 degree temps,,,,,,,,,,,and then cooled it down,,,,,,,how long would it take to cook said cake??????

maybe I'm just being stupid,,,,,,,I don't know science that well.

ummm I forgot about the oil in fried chicken.
    It's logic u are using my friend............

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast