Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: New Protank broken! Weak threads. Buyer beware

Default New Protank broken! Weak threads. Buyer beware

I bought a Kanger ProTank after hearing so many good things about it but today my ProVari fell off my nightstand onto the carpet and the bottom threads of the tank snapped off leaving them inside my Provari's connection. This is the first time I've dropped my ProVari with this tank and I'm pretty upset that it couldn't take a 2 foot fall onto carpet.

I've dropped my ProVari on CONCRETE with my ViVi Nova's many times and never have they broke. They've came apart before but never has the metal snapped in half like this tank.

Anyways.. I just wanted to vent my frustration with this tank and let others who may be considering buying it know that the metal connection is cheap and will probably break the first time you drop it.
    moresalt and Jo Patterson like this.
    Currently vaping Boba's Bounty on a ProVari Black with a ViVi Nova

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

You can buy a new bottom for a few bucks,fyi
    Nermal likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Nothing wrong with the Protank I'm topping my Vamo with
    SFBrianT likes this.

ECF Veteran

http://www.provape.com/ProVari-Lanya...yardblack.htm#

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 2
    Susaz likes this.

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I had the same thing happen to my provari but with the vivi nova, and yes an authentic one. Fell off my kitchen counter into tile. Took a bit of work with some needle nose pliers to get it out.

Super Member ECF Veteran Tempus Fugit's Avatar

I'm usually a dripper, but I have found that I like the Protank better than all of the other disappointing tank type things I have tried. I have been extremely careful about dropping it because riding on top of an eVic, it feels like it weighs about two pounds. I have dropped it a couple of times on carpet with no damage, luckily. The Protank does not seem very portable, even though that's mostly what I use it for. In your case, I guess you are lucky that only the threads broke and not actually the glass.

Sorry you had a bad experience. I think your frustration will help to remind us all to treat them like the delicate flowers they may be!

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Digs View Post
    I bought a Kanger ProTank after hearing so many good things about it but today my ProVari fell off my nightstand onto the carpet and the bottom threads of the tank snapped off leaving them inside my Provari's connection. This is the first time I've dropped my ProVari with this tank and I'm pretty upset that it couldn't take a 2 foot fall onto carpet.

I've dropped my ProVari on CONCRETE with my ViVi Nova's many times and never have they broke. They've came apart before but never has the metal snapped in half like this tank.

Anyways.. I just wanted to vent my frustration with this tank and let others who may be considering buying it know that the metal connection is cheap and will probably break the first time you drop it.
    Must have been the Provari protecting them..................LOL J/K

Seriously the ViVi does not have a cupped out base to allow a coil to be mounted. BBC=tighter/thinner machining.
    NOT DESIGNED FOR DROPPING ON CONCRETE or even carpet
    It is all in angle of attack
    Designed for Vaping

Honest question
    Would you complain if your cell phone was trashed from dropping on concrete? As Vapers we sure do complain a lot about things that are kind of expected to happen.
    Last edited by crxess; 07-07-2013 at 10:51 PM.
    Smoke free since 08/06/12 for my loving Wife, our Children and Grand Children
    Someone has to pay the bills - lol

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

My mean, nasty provari has broken pyrex and a nova. I could probably keep it out of the cats way...but I never know where the little troublemaker will be.
    June 13, 2012. That's all.

Super Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Blog Entries

Had that happen to my husband. His Segeli V3 fell off his desk onto tile floor and bam, snapped that base connector and left it in the 510 connection. Thankfully we pulled it out and it wasn't wedged in there but now we have 1 protank without a bottom.

I know discountvapors sells replacement bottom caps but they are 95% of the time sold out and when they get more in, they are practically gone that day.

ECF Veteran

This seem to be pretty common thing with protanks. It is the whole reason I have not bought one yet, and I love these kanger BCC. The replacement bases can be hard to get ahold of also, they sell out in less than an hour of being listed at Discount vapors most of the time.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast