Do you vape @ HOME in front of your family? - Page 5
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree235Likes

Thread: Do you vape @ HOME in front of your family?

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by zapped View Post
    He doesnt have a source Cactus, but it appears he may have an agenda.
    I think he's still upset about getting his kayfun stuck to a mod. Still needs to blow off steam.
    murphyramone likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zapped View Post
    This is patently false. The Op is stating his opinions as facts and doesnt know what he's talking about.

For this reason and MANY others I highly recommend new members acquaint themselves with CASAA.org

Comparison of the effects of e-cigarette vapor... [Inhal Toxicol. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI

Utah Vapers - Clearstream Air Results

Latest Studies Confirm E-Cigarette Vapor Safety
    Good links zapped. I vape in front of everyone. Used to smoke outside, and chew indoors. My air conditioners are going. If I want to get my serious chain vaporizing on, I hide in my room. 1. My heating pad is in there 2. The kids usually leave me be for a few minutes. I am not too worried about left over vapor. Mostly I go to my room for some peace and quiet
    zapped likes this.

zapped likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kpmeth View Post
    It is less harmful yes. (or maybe not you never know) but the fact that there IS still nicotines in exhaled vapor.................
    These posts by you are getting old. I doubt your intentions on ECF.
    zapped likes this.

Super Member Verified Member

Isn't there also nicotine in vegetables that everyone, (including children) eat???

Idk, I doubt that the small amount exhaled would actually cause harm when it is found naturally in products that we allow anyone and everyone to consume...

i call that being selfish.
    no offense though.

my point was not if it is being legal to vape front of kids.

main concern is that exhaled vapor contains massive amount of nicotine depending on what type of ejuice you are using. This could be fatal to young ones even pets.

eGo-v knock off, eVic, ProVari mini, Smoktech Pyrex DCT, RY4 Kustom
    This is just plain BS, as you well know. You have an agenda and not a positive one, either.
    zapped, Chiku and Cactus Breath like this.

Blog Entries

I finally convinced my wife that vaping is less harsh compared to smoking actual cigarettes.

In fact, she does like the point that i dont smell bad anymore and can play with my kids without washing hands after smoke.

But I still dont feel comfortable vaping in the house when everyone walks around and especially when my 4yr old son is staring at me probably wondering "... is he doing with that light saber looking thing?"

And i have seen many people vaping in the car drving with kids on board.

It is less harmful yes. (or maybe not you never know) but the fact that there IS still nicotines in exhaled vapor.

eGo-v knock off, eVic, ProVari mini, Smoktech Pyrex DCT, RY4 Kustom
    When the idea of Vaping was brought to my attention, my fiancÚ and her 2 kids said that is I tried it I could smoke in the house instead of the garage. I have been vaping in the house every since. I had my 9 year old daughter at my house for the weekend since I started Vaping. I vaped infront of her. It took her a second to realize what I was doing. She just smiled at me and said "You GO Daddy". I laughed my ... off of course.

Yes there is a small hint of nicotine in exhaled vapor however recent studies have proven that nicotine is not a cancer causing agent like many of the 4000 other chemicals in a regular cigarette so basically there is no "Second Hand Smoke".

There is nicotine in some of the food we eat, some of the things we drink, some of the make up that women wear. For this to be a true nicotine "FREE" society do you realize what we would have to give up?

I have been Vaping for 2.5 months. I have saved $806.00 and 2600 cigarettes avoided. I am damn proud of myself. Yeah I still get that urge but I keep looking at the picture of my 9 year old up on the walls and that urge quickly goes by by...

COuld it be that you are embarrassed because it is something new? I went through that in the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by JR 137 View Post
    I don't vape in front of children in my family - my two daughters and several nieces and nephews. My daughters are 2 1/2 and 4 months. The 4 month old doesn't really count in this as she has no clue.

When I was growing up, every single adult in my family smoked, except both of my grandmothers. I'm not blaming them for my smoking, after all I was the one who make the choice even though every one of them told me not to. But actions are so much louder than words.

My brothers are quite a bit younger than I am. The older one is 10 years younger. My father tried quitting a million times, but finally quit when my brother was about 4 and sitting around acting like he was smoking a pen. He sat down on the couch next to my father, pretended his Lego block was a lighter, sucked on a pen, and tilted his head up as he made a loud exhale. My father put his head down in shame and that was it.

Actions speak louder than words. A lot of people here have this notion that nicotine is some healthy wonder drug. I don't care what rationale they use. I'm vaping as a nicotine cessation method. Gradually dropping the nic concentration until I reach zero.

There's no guarantee my children and nieces and nephews won't smoke, vape or use any other means of nicotine. If they do, at least it won't be due to my influence. If they pick up the habit or start to, I'll be open and transparent about my nicotine use. Till then, I'll vape in the bathroom, porch and anywhere else where I'm out of sight. No way they'll do what my brother did and be able to say "I saw dad/uncle JR doing it."

Edit: I find it interesting that my 3 cousins and I who are within 3 years of each other all smoked/smoked at one point, yet my brothers and cousins who are significantly younger than us never smoked. Everyone (except one uncle) quit smoking before or right around the time they were born. Sure there's other influences out there, but there's no influence like your family. Maybe it's purely coincidental that it worked out that way, but I doubt it.
    All of my mother's family smokes, even my grandfather and his brother, that I never met. Smoking runs in that family, and except for one (my youngest cousin) all started smoking. At home smoking was prohibited, my father suffered chronic asthma. My starting smoking was more genetics than environment, otherwise it can't be explained.
    "Vape 'em if you've got 'em"

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by wv2win View Post
    This is just plain BS, as you well know. You have an agenda and not a positive one, either.
    You and I in agreement about something? That should tell the rest of you something right there.

WV2 and I have had some pretty epic disagreements over what amounts to minor points and differences of perspective but neither of us would ever accuse the other of outright lying, spreading fear or having an agenda......unlike the OP.
    Last edited by zapped; 08-05-2013 at 06:36 PM.
    wv2win likes this.

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by EricHill78 View Post
    I think he's still upset about getting his kayfun stuck to a mod. Still needs to blow off steam.
    No reason to outright lie, spread false information as fact or try to give those against us any more bullets than they already have. I blow off steam all the time and that isnt the way to do it.
    wv2win, Butters78 and mmrock like this.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast