visual diff between T3s and Protank/EVOD coils.????
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By State O' Flux
  • 2 Post By IBCR Media

Thread: visual diff between T3s and Protank/EVOD coils.????

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default visual diff between T3s and Protank/EVOD coils.????

ok I have quite a few coils for my EVOD and T3s....and I maybe mixing them up after cleaning......is there a way visually to see the difference....I know the bases...one is smooth finish other is textured....but what about the posts?

Detached Observer Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

You mean T3S and PT/EVOD... right? 'Cause you can't remove the coil head from a T3 base.

T3S heads have a 9mm base or seal plate (the round disc directly below the wick, that backs the seal that seals the coil head to the base) and the PT/EVODs plates are 10mm in diameter. Even though 1mm ain't much, you can see this... you can also "feel" it.

Yup, evod coils won't fit a T3s.

Ask me how I know.

Senior Member Verified Member

I had a protank 2 head working in a t3s. There was a tiny little gap where the base meets the chrome band on the clearo but no leaks and it vaped. That being said I didn't do it again after that one time.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by State O' Flux View Post
    You mean T3S and PT/EVOD... right? 'Cause you can't remove the coil head from a T3 base.

T3S heads have a 9mm base or seal plate (the round disc directly below the wick, that backs the seal that seals the coil head to the base) and the PT/EVODs plates are 10mm in diameter. Even though 1mm ain't much, you can see this... you can also "feel" it.
    Perfect explanation here. I bought some T3S and Evod coils and couldn't tell the difference and box wasn't marked. Had to call customer service from the online site. After some time, they called me and walked me through it. That seal on the T3S is a bit thicker and wider....other than that, the LOOK exact.

With the new base for the MT3S (which also converts the MT3 and T3 to "S"), the ProTank coil heads now being shipped by Kanger are compatible with all of their BCC models. A few dealers may still have some of the older shorty Evod coil heads, but every new head will be the longer Protank heads.

Vapemail Connoisseur Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Great point @ibcr

And I think kanger did a pretty good job with the migration to one atty head. and how those with the mt3 and t3 tanks can upgrade just the inexpensive base piece to continue using your tank and benefit from the new atty design Kanger MT3s Base Replacement.

ECF Veteran

well hopefully I can tell the difference....especially if I am changing wicks and mix up the little seals....then I am REALLY in trouble.