Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Micro Coils "SAFE" vs Sub-Ohm Coils "ADVANCED"

Super Member Verified Member

Exclamation Micro Coils "SAFE" vs Sub-Ohm Coils "ADVANCED"

I think this needs to be done as I keep seeing people tell someone to try sub-ohm coils before micro coils.
    Most of the time it is someone telling a noob to do it with no information about safety included and I don't want noone hurt, this will just scare someone off vaping and back on analogs and maybe get that story on the news also, so please help me get all the information in this one thread and to agree on it being a sticky thread.

Everyone that has tried either 1 or both needs to put their setup and pro's con's ect...

Here is a template
    Micro or sub-ohm coil:
    Device:
    Battery:
    Delivery device:
    Coil type:
    Wick type:
    Juice:

I already made a video for new people to learn to make micro coils, it is for a puritank/protank/evod coil head but can be for anything you want this just shows you how to make a micro coil really easy.
    Last edited by yo419g0tamin; 09-07-2013 at 02:50 AM.
    Butters78 likes this.

Micro or sub-ohm coil: micro coil
    Device: provari v2.5
    Battery: AW IRM 3.7V 2000mAH (7.4WH)
    Delivery device: puritank running at 4.5 volts
    Coil type: 32 gauge A1 kanthal, 2mm 3.5 ohms 9/10 wraps
    Wick type: cotton
    Juice: extreme ice from mbv 100% vg

Pro's:
    Better vapor over normal coils and just as good or better then sub-ohm coils.
    Better flavor over normal coils and just as good or better then sub-ohm coils.
    This list goes on and on but I will let others add to this thread.

Con's:
    Harder to make then sub-ohm coils but can be easy with a few things.
    Last edited by yo419g0tamin; 09-07-2013 at 06:23 PM.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Microcoils on a regulated mod are no safer than subohm coils at the same wattage.
    Last edited by dr g; 09-07-2013 at 01:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dr g View Post
    Microcoils on a regulated mod are no safer than subohm coils at the same wattage.
    Regulated to 15watts like a provari is unsafe?, I could see using a battery not safe then yes here let me add a battery section.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by yo419g0tamin View Post
    Regulated to 15watts like a provari is unsafe?, I could see using a battery not safe then yes here let me add a battery section.
    Didn't say it was unsafe only that it is no safer than a subohm coil at the same wattage...

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by dr g View Post
    Didn't say it was unsafe only that it is no safer than a subohm coil at the same wattage...
    Sorry but using protected regulated circuits is safer than unprotected unregulated.
    peraspera and yo419g0tamin like this.

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Yes, being able to put a coil on a regulated, protected mod plus using IMR or hybrid li-ion batteries is two layers of safety and this is good.
    COMPLETE THE FOURTH CALL TO ACTION BY CASAA HERE AND HELP STOP THE FDA FROM REGULATING VAPING AS WE KNOW IT OUT OF EXISTENCE !
    HERE'S THE STREAMLINED VERSION OF THE CALL FOR ACTION.
    THE DEADLINE IS AUG. 8.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Microcoils are sick I love them. No desire to do a sub ohm at all. Thanks for passing on the good info bro. You're good in my book
    Baditude, Vash and yo419g0tamin like this.

I learned everything I needed to know in life walking the streets of Compton.

*ɹǝqɯǝW ɹoıuǝS Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by yo419g0tamin View Post
    I think this needs to be done as I keep seeing people tell someone to try sub-ohm coils before micro coils.
    Most of the time it is someone telling a noob to do it with no information about safety included and I don't want noone hurt, this will just scare someone off vaping and back on analogs and maybe get that story on the news also, so please help me get all the information in this one thread and to agree on it being a sticky thread.
    The 'safety' isn't in the coil. It's in the devices you can use it on. Being able to use a micro-coil on a regulated device, is the 'safety' advantage.
    A mech with an unprotected battery is no more safe with a micro-coil then it is with a sub-ohm coil.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiding View Post
    The 'safety' isn't in the coil. It's in the devices you can use it on. Being able to use a micro-coil on a regulated device, is the 'safety' advantage.
    A mech with an unprotected battery is no more safe with a micro-coil then it is with a sub-ohm coil.
    Yes but what do you think is better in taste at safe ohms/watts/volts/amps? Ok now what should be suggested since it taste the same or even better at safe ohms? Lets not say try sub-ohm on a mech with no other information as someone can be hurt, I just want new people to know both work great and that a noob can use micro coils at safe ohms and get the sub-ohm experience.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast