Wick or Wickless Clearo/Tank
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Wick or Wickless Clearo/Tank

Full Member Verified Member Teh Dude's Avatar

Default Wick or Wickless Clearo/Tank

Excuse the noob question but I just have not had a good experience with my wick type clearo's thus far. Should I go with a wickless bottom feeder?

What would you guys recommend? Tired of the burnt taste I getting with wicks

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

the bottom coil design works much better as the juice is basically force fed. and they seem to be more consistent with less dry hits.the top coil design i think is slowly fading away. .

Semovar - Provari - Roller - Poldiac - Megatron - Nemesis

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Great device for a beginner: would be a EVOD. They're easy to fill, reliable and very easy to replace the heads and rebuild them if/when you are ready. Such similer devices but different looks are as follows : EVOD, MT3S, MT4, T3, T32, T3s, T4, X6S , REM, V2 , KWX6 , X9 Protank, Protank 2, Protankmini, KWX5, PURITANK, Davide Mini Glassomizer etc. Pick up any of the listed devices and a few replacement heads (heating coils) for easy consistent vap.
    All of these are BCC.

Most are basic and very affordable. I suggest you start with EVOD. If you need glass, Protank mini Protank 2, Davide mini are highly rated and they are great.

You can also try cartomizer-tanks.

Good luck.
    Mad Scientist and Teh Dude like this.
    Since 01/13. 3 EGOs Nemi VAMO MVP2 EVOD,CE5,MT4, R200,PT,Mini,M4 KFL.
    Best advice >"Get back up to your back up!"

I using a 510 mod at home and an ego with a 510 and ego style connector while on the go. I leaning towards the EVO but also consider the protank 2 because of the glass chamber. Have also been looking at the Davide model. Can you guys post any negative or positive feedback on the few I looking into and best place to order. Bought a cheaply made dual chamber top wick clearo from a local store for 20$ and just totally not impressed. Wanting something that is going to be cost effective in the long run and provide a good vape experience. Tired of getting a dry hit that taste like...

Wanting something with 510 connection.. the EVOD looks like ego type from pictures
    Last edited by Teh Dude; 09-09-2013 at 01:19 AM.

If you're getting dry hits then either you're doing something wrong or the thing you're using sucks.

I use all manner of clearos/tanks/ etc. Never get a dry hit except for the Vivi Nova which just doesn't wick fast enough to keep up with me (could be what you're experiencing).

Some items to try: iClear 30, Protank 2, carto tanks, drip atty.

The clearo I using sucks. I want a bottom design.

Yeah bottom coils are good. The Protank 2 is one of the best I've tried in that category. You should just try a little of everything and find what works for you. I'm a fan of carto tanks but being as they can be a bit of a PITA a lot of people avoid them. They give me the best vape.

Its funny you mention carto tanks. I have noticed alot of "advanced" vapers using them. shine some light on that spectrum for a noob like myself.
    vjdossey likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh Dude View Post
    Its funny you mention carto tanks. I have noticed alot of "advanced" vapers using them. shine some light on that spectrum for a noob like myself.
    Pretty basic really, A cartomizer with a hole or holes in the side slid inside a tank. Ya have to prime it in one of several ways, and you're good to go. They give a great vape IMHO and I use them the most.

Whats a popular carto tank setup?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast