Upcoming Camping Trip - What vaping gear do YOU take when you go?
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Upcoming Camping Trip - What vaping gear do YOU take when you go?

Full Member ECF Veteran catalyst's Avatar

Default Upcoming Camping Trip - What vaping gear do YOU take when you go?

I have a weeklong hiking trip coming up in about a month and I'm in the process of packing my gear. We're very restricted on space and weight but I have plenty of room for my vaping equipment. I typically vape > 10 ml a day. I'm curious if you guys think I have enough vaping equipment for 6 days.

Three 1100mah batteries (one twist and two spinners)
    Two vivi nova's (filled)
    Three replacement coils
    2 30ml bottles of juice
    2 2200mah 'instant chargers' $7.43 JIB LD3000 "3000mAh" Single USB Portable Power Bank External Power Source - real capacity 2200mAh at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping-

I haven't used these chargers yet as they are still in the mail. They are supposedly 3000mah, but they were tested at 2200.

I'm afraid I'll run of battery by the end. Your thoughts, please? What gear do you take on your trips?
    aikanae1 likes this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I haven't been camping since I started vaping, but one thing will be my 12v battery/booster pack. It has a usb conx that I can use to charge my c-twists.

Of course it weighs quite a bit and may not suit your needs.
    "The sexiest part of a woman is between her ears and the prettiest thing she can wear is a smile".

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I do this every other weekend.

Only one unit that I would ever consider camping/hiking/fishing/hunting with:

REO Grand (mech) combined with a Griff holster + extra 30ml bottle + 2 extra LR attys + 1 extra 18650 batt

Of course, I would slip an eGo Twist + eVod/T3 in my backpack just in case.

BTW...I do need to get an instant charger if the trip goes beyond 2days without electricity access.

"Deos fortioribus adesse." - Tacitus

Full Member ECF Veteran catalyst's Avatar

Well, weight isn't the actual issue, volume is. Our trip is a competition where we can only take one standard size shoebox worth of equipment and the clothes on our back. Every battery I take is that much less room for food.
    Sed Contra likes this.

Funny you ask. I haven't gotten a chance to use it...but just posted in a VV thread. Hopefully not considered cross post.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohamed View Post
    I started with disposables then to an e-blue starter kit and upgraded again to an ego-c for about a month now. I meant to go with an ego-t but I didn't order the right thing. I looked at those especially MVP as it allowed you to also charge external device like a phone.

For about $41.79 total price I ended up going this route with free shipping.

JIB LH20000 "20000mAh" Portable External Backup Battery Power Bank with LED Illumination
    LH20000: "20000mAh" (Actual 12300mAh), Black+White / SKU: 1379809

$23.86

It's about the size of my Galaxy S4 phone and I can recharge my phone approx 6.5 times with it. I go camping and hiking a bit and really liked that feature. Shouldn't need to charge my phone more 3 times on a weekend trip as I don't use it very often...but would be nice in an emergency when Sunday starts rolling around and it's supper low so I have to just turn it off and then back on if I need. Reception is a whole different issue

EGO-VV 1100mAh Rechargeable Variable Voltage E-Cigarette Battery with 0.7" LCD
    EGO-VV, 1100mAh, Silver (Voltage Adjustable) / SKU: 1422502

That can also be used at my desk or near a computer so I'm not wasting life on my "light weight portable" batteries. And will hook up to battery above as well. It's 3-6 volts but figure that will suffice my noob VV experience for now.

I can't tell you how they work yet because I'm still waiting for shipment to arrive. I have heard that battery can take up to 15 hours to fully charge. So you would need to plan ahead for your weekend trip. Not quite as portable as the slimmer one stick mods but should be very handy when away from outlets for extended period.

I also figure if I can get buy with ego 1000 mah for approx 10 hours...those 2 together should allow me to vape for about 10 days straight without being near an outlet . I think you lose some of juice like 10% when charging external device. I guess what I mean is that the electricity can't be transferred from one device to another at no loss.
    catalyst likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

If you're vaping > 10ml/day...I'd DEFINITELY take at least ONE more 30ml bottle of juice..
    2 - 30ml bottles = 60ml @ 10ml/day = 6 days.....NOT QUITE a week....!!
    Lose a bottle....SPILL a bottle....!!
    Looks like you SHOULD be set from a "hardware" standpoint, though....
    Have a GREAT trip!
    Happy (vaping) Trails!
    catalyst and Ipster like this.

Quote Originally Posted by catalyst View Post
    I have a weeklong hiking trip coming up in about a month and I'm in the process of packing my gear. We're very restricted on space and weight but I have plenty of room for my vaping equipment. I typically vape > 10 ml a day. I'm curious if you guys think I have enough vaping equipment for 6 days.

2 2200mah 'instant chargers' $7.43 JIB LD3000 "3000mAh" Single USB Portable Power Bank External Power Source - real capacity 2200mAh at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping-
    Yeah batteries were my main concern as well. Try to figure out how many hours your 1100 mah last you. That should give you a baseline...then divide the sum of your mAh's by 1100 multipled by hours you get from that 1100 mah. That should give you total hours. Then multiply by 80% as you may only get a 80% efficiency rate when charging external device.

I also thought about solar panel $17.56 WN808 Solar Powered 3500mAh Power Bank Mobile Power Source - with converters at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping but I think that might be overkill...and as you stated at somepoint you got to factor in the weight of all the stuff you are carrying. Also packing space when that becomes issue. If you are ordering from fasttech it may not get in here time for your trip though.
    Last edited by Mohamed; 09-17-2013 at 07:35 PM.
    catalyst likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by catalyst View Post

Two vivi nova's (filled)
    Three replacement coils
    2 30ml bottles of juice

I haven't used these chargers yet as they are still in the mail. They are supposedly 3000mah, but they were tested at 2200.
    I'm afraid I'll run of battery by the end. Your thoughts, please? What gear do you take on your trips?
    Hopefully both of your chargers work well and hold their charge properly. That would be my biggest concern on the list. Some mechanicals conserve battery power better IMO. This is something I've been thinking about too, so I'm interested in hearing the comments.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Doesn't look to me like you've left much room for any error but IF you can make it through an entire day each of your hiking days only needing to recharge one battery and you don't waste any juice ya might make it. Your charging capacity worries me the most although not much room from juice accidents with only those two filled viva's beyond your normal 10ml per day usage.

If your trip is a month away then hopefully you've a week to experiment ONLY using what you'd be taking with you (no cheating ) to see how it goes for ya and to see if ya still feel confident you've packed enough to cover the unexpected.
    catalyst, Ipster and aikanae1 like this.

CHINA-SELLS.COM-Wholesale and retail supply of electronic cigarettes from China - Adapter USB Adapter USB – EGO with the control button
    5775.jpg

I was searching for something like that for 4 hours one night and stubbled upon it today. That could be used to directly connect to your tank/clearomizer directly to those bigger "instant" chargers, power banks. Depending on type of terrain you may only be able to vape on breaks and at camp fire.

At any rate that could turn pretty much any external power bank into a mod. No idea what volts it would run at. I assume 5 V for the power banks you and I listed. Both say Output: DC - 5V .

You might want to get holster as I need two hands on steep terrain.
    aikanae1 and Barbara21 like this.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast