battery charger making high pitched whine....? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: battery charger making high pitched whine....?

PV Master ECF Veteran WarHawk-AVG's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rickajho View Post
    The Ego-T 2 heads have the same low battery protection circuitry as any Joyetech 510 or eGo battery: it shuts the device off when the battery voltage has dropped to 3.2 volts.

Not sure about the Evic head.
    Quote Originally Posted by gmoney$ View Post
    on the subject of charging, I don't have any metering equipment ... am I in the danger zone as far as not knowing whether I've overdrained the battery prior to charging? I'm using Ego T 18650 and anyvape 18350 battery tubes with Ego T and Evic Easy heads.
    OH SNAP!

eVic Easy Head is the EXACT same thing as a Totally Wicked Tornado RCS!!!

It DOES have the low voltage cutoff just like the ego
    Joyetech eVic easy head
    http://www.litecigusa.net/Joyetech_e...c-easyhead.htm
    http://www.litecigusa.net/Joyetech_e...atterytube.htm
    Question...does the 18650 go in that eVic Easy Head battery tube? The Totally Wicked RCS uses a 14650 battery...

Found it...the eVic Easy Head dual mode uses an 18650 battery
    http://www.gotvapes.com/index.php?ma...oducts_id=1724
    Last edited by WarHawk-AVG; 09-18-2013 at 08:06 AM.
    Rickajho likes this.

"An error does not become a mistake until you refuse to correct it"
    "A vaper without a multi-meter, is like a Mechanic without a wrench"

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Another side-topic: how do we get us a sub forum for EgoT 18660/tornado/evic easy genre of mods/apvs? Seems like a fair amount of market convergence going on around these interchangeable heads and tubes using the various control heads. I've got a couple compatible 18350 tubes for these comin. maybe there isn't a whole lot to talk about that's distinct from other mods but... let me know if I should be looking for such other than in the evic subforum and thanks for the input with the questions above

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

My first trustfire charger made that sound too. I continued to use it with no problems. The power cord eventually got damaged (unrelated to the noise, just do to me putting to much stress on the cord due to the position I had the charger in while using it). I used it for over a year, and then went ahead and ordered a new one since the cord was shot. The new trust fire doesn't make that sound.

If you are in the Cincinnati area, check out Tri-State Vapers on Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/558079797581550/

Ultra Member Verified Member IBCR Media's Avatar

Whether it's dangerous or not depends on the frequency of the whine. Certain materials resonate at different frequencies, and depending on the frequency and the function of the materials in question, it can be dangerous.

It's somewhat similar to vibration analysis in rotating equipment like cam shafts, chain drives and shafts that drive large pumps (don't ask me how I know this). If you get the right frequency delivered to a piece of equipment that doesn't like that frequency, the results can be as spectacular as they are catastrophic.

I saw a 120cm stainless steel pump shaft virtually disintegrate because the shaft of the engine driving the pump put out just the right frequency in its rotation.

I can hook you up with an engineering outfit that specializes in this sort of thing, but just getting them to answer the phone will cost you more than the charger is worth, by a factor of about 5,462.

Don't ask me how I know that, either.

Vapers Blessing: May your batteries be fully charged, your atomizer full of great liquid, your coils wrapped to the sweet spot and your vapor clouds be big, bright and beautiful.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by IBCR Media View Post
    Whether it's dangerous or not depends on the frequency of the whine. Certain materials resonate at different frequencies, and depending on the frequency and the function of the materials in question, it can be dangerous.

It's somewhat similar to vibration analysis in rotating equipment like cam shafts, chain drives and shafts that drive large pumps (don't ask me how I know this). If you get the right frequency delivered to a piece of equipment that doesn't like that frequency, the results can be as spectacular as they are catastrophic.

I saw a 120cm stainless steel pump shaft virtually disintegrate because the shaft of the engine driving the pump put out just the right frequency in its rotation.

I can hook you up with an engineering outfit that specializes in this sort of thing, but just getting them to answer the phone will cost you more than the charger is worth, by a factor of about 5,462.

Don't ask me how I know that, either.
    Harmonic Resonance Instability...

Yeah..little vibrations can become BIG vibration can become catastrophic failures!

Blog Entries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12