Marketing strategy
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Marketing strategy

Default Marketing strategy

I would like to ask if way you smoke E-cigs is because of health our cost.. I see a lot of marketing claiming vapeing is cheaper then smoking. For me I seem to spend more vapeing then smoking.

On my truck route one of my stops was a indian reservation that is ware I got my smokes I got a 200+ bag of smokes for $13 no tax.

So for me it was for my health..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Pride Male Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Well at a 'carton' for $13, you will have trouble saving money. Most people pay roughly four or five times that cost, so saving money is much easier.

I have never purchased a bag of 200+ cigarettes. I never will.
    vjc0628 likes this.

There are no men like me. There’s only me.
    ---Jaime Lannister

Hard do understand exactly what you're saying but......

I did it for cost,health and smell.

You can save a lot of money using ecigs, i've found that many don't though (by there own choosing). I however spent 65 bucks a month on cigs @ 5.25 per pack. I allow myself to spend $15-20 per month on supplies (Minus the initial $100~), I USE about $6 worth of supplies each month. I've only been vaping for 3.5 months so i'm still building up my stash, once I get set i'll be spending less than $10 per month. Fwiw, I get everything from ft.

I broke even in 1.5 months and am up over 125 bucks so far.
    Last edited by sbc83; 09-18-2013 at 03:08 PM.
    timk likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I did it for health. I would save money if I stopped buying new mods, but this has become a hobby, so I don't feel so bad about spending more money.
    - GGs -

Detached Observer Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

"bag of cigarettes"? What part of that sounds, ah... wrong?

Typical cost saving, after you get all your mods and toppers dialed in, is for me, cheaper than smoking. Add in the addiction to more mods and toppers, and it works out about the same... and some months, maybe more. OK, most months... every month?

"So... how much did you say that Caravela is going to cost?"... ... Not a problem.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I guess I did it for health; although, it was like a subconscious reason for doing so. I thought about the potential savings, but quickly found that in order for it to replace my smoking habit, it almost HAD to become a hobby. I am not really spending a whole lot on mods (I have a vamo and MVP), but that may change in the near future. I have a decent collection of RDA's, tanks, and other delivery devices and enough wick and wire to last about a year, but I have an addiction to trying new juices and there are SOOOO many vendors out there. I may end up saving a little bit of money in the long run, but the fact that I can get out and play football with my son's is enough of a reward for me!
    scalewiz likes this.
    "Set the gear shift for the high gear of your soul!"

PV Master ECF Veteran

I did it for money,,,,,,,

and I do save.

I used to spend 75.00 a week on cigarettes,,,,,,,

now I spend 75.00 a month on E-cigarette supplies, and that counts the hardware I've bought.

It's fixing to go down too,,,,,,,,,I used to pay for my youngest's e-cig supplies, but she's recently married and going off on her own,,,,,,,so I won't need to buy nic anymore (I vape 0mg), and my supplies should cut in half.

woop,,,,,,,,,,time for a provari!
    IBCR Media and sbc83 like this.

Ultra Member Verified Member IBCR Media's Avatar

Both. But for me, it also had to be a cost effective way of quitting, a criterion than none of the other methods had met.

Gum, patches and lozenges were more expensive and didn't work. The medications were going to be more expensive and the side effects would have driven me batty.

This is the only cost effective method I have tried and I'm certain that it's better for my health than smoking.
    Butters78 likes this.

Vapers Blessing: May your batteries be fully charged, your atomizer full of great liquid, your coils wrapped to the sweet spot and your vapor clouds be big, bright and beautiful.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

That bring back memories. I'm originally from Hollywood, FL and I remember my dad driving with me in towe to the outskirts of the Indian reservations to go to one of those drive through trailers to pick up a carton. Little did I know that once I got older I'd be doing the same.

Try to factor in the savings from medical costs due to smoking related illness.
    theinlawjosie and IBCR Media like this.

I learned everything I needed to know in life walking the streets of Compton.

Senior Member ECF Veteran Dreaswi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Butters78 View Post
    That bring back memories. I'm originally from Hollywood, FL and I remember my dad driving with me in towe to the outskirts of the Indian reservations to go to one of those drive through trailers to pick up a carton. Little did I know that once I got older I'd be doing the same.

Try to factor in the savings from medical costs due to smoking related illness.
    I remember going to the reservations on sterling or Sheraton

It only takes one person to start a revolution.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast