Breakthrough on transitioning difficulties - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Breakthrough on transitioning difficulties

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by SharonH View Post
    Thanks! The shock has been how painless this has been. But I'm just sooo close right now. lol

Vape on!
    You go girl!
    If you want it bad enough, and you know you do, sucess will be yours. Step by step though.
    I know the feeling - why didn't I do this sooner?!
    SharonH likes this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Make sure you keep the nic mg as high as you need. You can lower it after the anaolgs are gone.
    I find the higher mg, the less I need to vape.
    SharonH likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Hi Sharon. Wow you're doing great! So glad you've been able to work through the tough time you were having. Do you know the resistance of the atty or catomizers you are using? I think the lower your resistance is the more juice you will use. Lower resistance runs hotter, producing more vapor.
    SharonH likes this.
    I love not smoking way more than I ever loved smoking.
    http://www.electroniccigaretteban.org

Super Member ECF Veteran SharonH's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rickajho View Post
    What I'm getting at is it's hard for some people to figure out the pacing of vaping. The auto pilot habits we had when smoking don't apply here. There is no "start" a cigarette leading to "finish" it. Unless you pick up a PV and press a button every time it doesn't do a thing for you. A pattern of a few hits here, and then put it down for an hour or two, seldom works for someone trying to quit smoking. You actually have to work at vaping enough. It's not the "natural" experience you have been used to with smoking. I hope that makes sense to you.
    Yup, it makes sense. I guess the big revelation for me was actually seeing how little I was vaping. I had assumed since I put "some" in an atty maybe 5 times a day - it was about 2.5 or so ml typically. Apparently my refill isn't as much as I thought!

Well I'm going to up juice intake a bit more... I know higher nic isn't the answer. I have trouble doing more 24 mg than I do now.

Thanks!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tnash View Post
    Make sure you keep the nic mg as high as you need. You can lower it after the anaolgs are gone.
    I find the higher mg, the less I need to vape.
    My ADV (pretty much) is butterscotch. Have it in 12 and 24 mg. Can't do more at 24 mg than I do now. I sometimes will mix 50/50 but when I'm at that point 18 mg bugs me as much as 24 mg. Even though I smoked a lot, I was on ultra light 100's. So 50 of them was about a pack of reds nic-wise.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tracey1 View Post
    Hi Sharon. Wow you're doing great! So glad you've been able to work through the tough time you were having. Do you know the resistance of the atty or catomizers you are using? I think the lower your resistance is the more juice you will use. Lower resistance runs hotter, producing more vapor.
    Thanks Tracey! For attys - have stardust/ce4s (not sure of resistance for any of those) and iClear 30's (2.0 ohm). Don't really care for the iClear's though - metal tips aren't good on cold days haha

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Might try Kanger Protanks, or t3s, evods. Some like a less airy draw like vivi nova.
    SharonH likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by SharonH View Post
    I've had a few threads over the past 8 weeks that I started vaping about the issues I was having with stopping analogs entirely. . .I have a decent-sized juice order coming next week... so if I keep at this rate, I may have enough juice on hand to last me a year lol
    I smoked tobacco for more than 52 years. 2.5 PAD when I started vaping around 3 years ago. Did "Double Duty" for around 6 months, then no cigs since. I became concerned I might be vaping too much cinnamon. Left it out of my next DIY batch. 24 hours later I discovered I'd also left the nicotine out of that batch. Decided. . .Who needs it! Continued on vaping 50/50 PG/VG, about 15 mL day. Feb 6th I was taken to the hospital emergency ward, (not vape related). They kept me 10 days, out for 2, then back in again for another 12 days. The first Doc needed more practice, wasn't very good at surgery she did. Now I'm giving all my vaping stuff to family members that still smoke. I had like gallons of PG & VG, and tanks & clearo's by the gross. Believe me. . .if I can quit. . .anybody can. Good Luck with your quit.

Cheers,
    otrpu
    Tracey1 and SharonH like this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by otrpu View Post
    I smoked tobacco for more than 52 years. 2.5 PAD when I started vaping around 3 years ago. Did "Double Duty" for around 6 months, then no cigs since. I became concerned I might be vaping too much cinnamon. Left it out of my next DIY batch. 24 hours later I discovered I'd also left the nicotine out of that batch. Decided. . .Who needs it! Continued on vaping 50/50 PG/VG, about 15 mL day. Feb 6th I was taken to the hospital emergency ward, (not vape related). They kept me 10 days, out for 2, then back in again for another 12 days. The first Doc needed more practice, wasn't very good at surgery she did. Now I'm giving all my vaping stuff to family members that still smoke. I had like gallons of PG & VG, and tanks & clearo's by the gross. Believe me. . .if I can quit. . .anybody can. Good Luck with your quit.

Cheers,
    otrpu
    Congratulations! Ultimately my goal is to be off vaping too, but one step at a time. I'm sorry about the s*** health issues and hope you are doing better now!

Hey congrats Sharon. I just quit smoking lastnight, almost 30hrs ago, and have been vaping like a madman for about 20 of those hours. Ive using 24 and 16 nic levels from two different clearos. Ive only filled each twice today, one is 2.5 and the other is 3 I think. Ill also add I was testing the flavors I got as samples so my numbers are alittle off.

Good luck stayin off em! As Im finding out, everyone here has been very very supportive!
    SharonH and WattWick like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast