Panic and Fear, Don't Worry, Keep Calm and Vape On - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: Panic and Fear, Don't Worry, Keep Calm and Vape On

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketpunk View Post
    I think you might have missed my point. I'm well aware of how to DIY... I just suck at it. Unless my favorite vendors' revealed their recipes and gave an exact list of ingredients, ratios, the names of the manufacturers of said ingredients, as well as a "Step 1, do this. Step 2, do this," etc., I'll NEVER be able to recreate the juices I've come to love so much.

And yes, to anyone suggesting it, I have multiple tools, apps, and calculators for DIYing ejuice. Every time I've tried, they sucked.
    I have my favs too that I can't even figure out what flavorings they're using let alone duplicate them. I'm hoping that if things go south they'll sell that mixed flavoring and just say how much base to put it in or just sell it zero nic with some masked direction for a PC or VG nic amount to add. Hey, I have to hope... the other option is too dismal and causes panic attacks.
    Barbara21, Arnie H and EvilZoe like this.

Moved On

Quote Originally Posted by patkin View Post
    I have my favs too that I can't even figure out what flavorings they're using let alone duplicate them. I'm hoping that if things go south they'll sell that mixed flavoring and just say how much base to put it in or just sell it zero nic with some masked direction for a PC or VG nic amount to add. Hey, I have to hope... the other option is too dismal and causes panic attacks.
    I agree with you (the part I bolded). Isn't that the weirdest thing?
    patkin and Arnie H like this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revelene View Post
    If they ban the Internet Sales I'll be out of luck because I only have 2 stores near me... A local shop full of uneducated people selling a lot of fake stuff and a Volcano mall kiosk... I wouldn't survive long without decent juice
    You have 2 and I have ZERO closer than a 5 hour drive

We will manage somehow.
    Arnie H likes this.

And I'm bloody good at it Verified Member
    Supporting Member

I can just see us all vaping 0 nic juice with nicotine patches stuck to our backsides....lol

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by EvilZoe View Post
    I can just see us all vaping 0 nic juice with nicotine patches stuck to our backsides....lol
    When I first started vaping at the end of March I heard about the deeming regs that were supposed to come down in April. I panicked. I mean serious full tilt panic.

Right then I started my plan to stock up on things I wouldn't be able to do for myself like attys. I picked up Mechs and Rebuildables.

I learned to DIY. I didn't even bother with buying juice. After my first few orders of juice I just started using my own homemade so I never got a taste for designer juice. I CHOSE to reduce my nic levels. I went from 12mg to 1mg now. I could do zero now if I had to.

What I have been watching is what hardware the online shops are clearing out. SO many are dumping thier stock of cigalikes. Makes me wonder if they know something about how it is going to go on hardware.

I am also looking at the big name new entries to the market. PLAYBOY is doing an ego type device. Johnson Creek who does the juice for the Blu has their own line of Ego type devices. If anyone knew anything about what is coming down the pipe it would be Johnson Creek. For that matter I don't see Playboy jumping into a sinking ship AFTER the sink has been announced. Their line was announced shortly after I started vaping when the coming deeming was well known.

Watch the big players people. They won't get caught out if they can help it.

I do admit I found a cigalike that although it aint my favorite thing in the world I could at least cope with in a real pinch (NOT Blu).

The best cure for panic is rational thought and considered planning.

My 2 cents on it.
    grandmato5 and Arnie H like this.

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I've been making my own juice for a while now. I started DIY'ing while I still had great pre-mixed juices to vape, but I never tried to reproduce those. Yes, I took my favorite flavors as a starting point in determining what I would try first. But I never did get why I would not just start from scratch and see what I could come up with. I'm kinda like that when I cook too. My wife always asks me what I put in it this time. Not everything will work out, but when it does finally come together it's great.
    Arnie H likes this.

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by EvilZoe View Post
    Yup, if anything becomes a problem it's going to be the nic.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrany View Post
    When I first started vaping at the end of March I heard about the deeming regs that were supposed to come down in April. I panicked. I mean serious full tilt panic.

Right then I started my plan to stock up on things I wouldn't be able to do for myself like attys. I picked up Mechs and Rebuildables.

I learned to DIY. I didn't even bother with buying juice. After my first few orders of juice I just started using my own homemade so I never got a taste for designer juice. I CHOSE to reduce my nic levels. I went from 12mg to 1mg now. I could do zero now if I had to.

What I have been watching is what hardware the online shops are clearing out. SO many are dumping thier stock of cigalikes. Makes me wonder if they know something about how it is going to go on hardware.

I am also looking at the big name new entries to the market. PLAYBOY is doing an ego type device. Johnson Creek who does the juice for the Blu has their own line of Ego type devices. If anyone knew anything about what is coming down the pipe it would be Johnson Creek. For that matter I don't see Playboy jumping into a sinking ship AFTER the sink has been announced. Their line was announced shortly after I started vaping when the coming deeming was well known.

Watch the big players people. They won't get caught out if they can help it.

I do admit I found a cigalike that although it aint my favorite thing in the world I could at least cope with in a real pinch (NOT Blu).

The best cure for panic is rational thought and considered planning.

My 2 cents on it.
    Ovale came out with the Emini and Joye the Eroll cigalikes.... both proprietary. I think that's a good sign. And Joye came out with the new Ego CC with its unique proprietary design. So the big players are still sinking money into innovation.
    Arnie H likes this.

There's no way the govt (any of its arms) is going to give up a way to rake in the cash. Ban nic sales anywhere... make it hard to get... and they loose... MONEY! And without the hardware who's going to buy nic? So I figure what we need will still be around just in their approved forms and very pricey with "sin" taxes. If I'm wrong, they're more dim witted than I thought they were to give up such a cash cow. But, I suppose, stranger things have happened.
    Last edited by patkin; 10-08-2013 at 04:30 AM.
    Arnie H likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketpunk View Post
    I think you might have missed my point. I'm well aware of how to DIY... I just suck at it. Unless my favorite vendors' revealed their recipes and gave an exact list of ingredients, ratios, the names of the manufacturers of said ingredients, as well as a "Step 1, do this. Step 2, do this," etc., I'll NEVER be able to recreate the juices I've come to love so much.

And yes, to anyone suggesting it, I have multiple tools, apps, and calculators for DIYing ejuice. Every time I've tried, they sucked.
    I'm having trouble too - the only one I've been able to make right is menthol. Luckily, menthol is my ADV. So that is a huge savings and super easy to do. But trying to make complex flavors like Caramelnut Mocha - OMG complete fail.
    Barbara21 and Arnie H like this.
    Caravela 058, Caravela "Vwls" (AKA My Little Miracle"), Nau Prototype xx7, Hellfire Hybrid V3, Nemesis with 3D, Provari Mini, and soooooon.... a DIBI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast