Issues with Burning Coils very fast - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Issues with Burning Coils very fast

When I exhale the vape has a burnt taste, While I am inhaling the getr what sounds like a fizle or popping sound. That the best I can explain. Like a a wick of a firecraker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Penn View Post
    Define burning coils? Just a burnt taste or the coils pop?

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

That makes more sense. I haven't used chocolate flavors but I hear they burn at a lower watts. The earlier posts may be right. That can be fixed by higher ohm coils or lower volts battery.

The other possibility is the thicker liquid is not wicking fast enough. The PT heads should have 2 flavor wicks laying on top of the coil. You can remove 1 to see if it helps but that could cause a new problem of flooding. That would be the easiest to test.

If you can make it into a B&M they might let you use a VV. Go in with a fresh tank, turn it down all the way and see if that does better. If so the higher ohm coils should work with your current battery.
    Last edited by Penn; 10-08-2013 at 01:28 PM.
    AttyPops likes this.
    When I'm watchin' my TV and a man comes on to tell me how white my shirts can be.
    Well he can't be a man 'cause he doesn't vape the same apv's as me.

Full Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

It also depends on the juice in my protanks I can't seem to use dark juice in them at all it has to be pretty clear juice in my for some odd reason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

Pride Male Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Again...regardless of all other things, if you run your ProTank over 6.5 watts, you run the risk of burning wicks, coils, juice. It is clearly recommended for 6.5 watts. So if you have only a 3.7 volt device...

1.8 ohms means (3.7 x 3.7)/1.8=7.61 watts
    2.2 ohms means (3.7 x 3.7)/2.2=6.22 watts
    2.5 ohms means (3.7 x 3.7)/2.5=5.48 watts

There are no men like me. There’s only me.
    ---Jaime Lannister

Last night I ordered at VV Itaste svd. So I only have a few more days then I will have a much better set up. For now I will stop by and get some higher ohm coils to last me. This is the first time I have ran in to this issue. I am not sure what ohm coil came with the system but I did not have this problem till i changed them out.

E-Cig Afficionado Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

The problem you're describing sounds like it has more to do with the juice and less to do with a resistance or other technical problem. I've been DIY'ing since Nov '12 and I can tell you not all juices are created equal. Sweet and savory juices tend to eat up coils and alot of people including myself have had the exact issue you describe. Also thicker juices may be harder for those coils to wick, could be related as well. Though they usually last alot longer than 4 puffs which is why I'm still saying it might be related to your problem.
    Last edited by JMarca; 10-08-2013 at 02:11 PM.
    suspectK and AttyPops like this.

A nation of sheep, breeds a government of wolves... Join CASAA today!

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

A PT kit typically comes with a 2.2 and 2.5 ohm head.

I agree with Eddard - even 3.7 volts can run a 1.8 ohm Kanger coil too hot. Hell, I find that even 3.2 volts is practically too much for a new 1.8 ohm Kanger coil. Because of that I quit using them - there just isn't any room to adjust the voltage any lower with the 1.8 ohm coils. The 2.2 ohm coils seem to be the best happy medium.

The other issue that sorta came up here is your liquids. In general, very dark or very sweet liquids can gunk up a coil really fast - in a matter of days if not hours. If you love that chocolate you just may have to get used to cleaning coils very often. Mind you, running a coil too hot is only going to make the problem happen even faster. Once you crud up a coil with flavorings and sweetener "burned" onto the wick anything you try to vape after that is just gonna taste... burned.

Have you checked out the cleaning methods for Kanger coils yet? Don't toss any of the "bad" coils out - they can be rescued with cleaning. Just set the used 1.8 ohm coils aside for now until you get your VV battery.

ECF Veteran

Thank you everyone who contributed here.
    I learned A TON!!
    Blessings,
    Pat
    BE KIND. ALWAYS.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Reroka View Post
    Fixed,

Sorry I fixed my post, Yes it happens with the two liquids I have, ONe chocalate, the other afternoon delight from MBV.
    Every time I see someone mention that juice I have to post the song. Last time was the anchorman version now I have to go original. Sky rockets in flight!

suspectK likes this.

I learned everything I needed to know in life walking the streets of Compton.

ECF Veteran

You made my day+night+day..today, sir. That makes me want to watch anchorman.
    Butters78 likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast