Issues with Burning Coils very fast - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Issues with Burning Coils very fast

Senior Member ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I don't think your burning the coils, but you are use such a surge of amps with the 1.8 coils. You just about need a mod to pull those amps a keep puffing. Change to the 2.x coil and your problem will go away.

A 2.4 will work as well. That's what I have on my non variable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    EddardinWinter likes this.

So I got home from work, I did a test.

I put the same coil in my tank that I got with the 1100 Mah starter kit. It's a 1.5ml tank. put my liquid in, primed it, took a few small hits.
    After about 30 mins of vapng that included about 60 pufss no burnt tast. Did the same with my pro Tank same issue as stated when I started.

I did the same thing with my other liquid, No issues what so ever in both tanks I have.
    Before I did the testing I clean the tanks out well.

So I guess it's more or less the liquid in the pro tank than anything.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Constant Burnt taste = Too High a voltage for that particular coils resistance and juice combination

All coils regardless of juice/voltage/resistance combination will eventually start tasting burnt once the coils get dirty. Good news is they CAN be cleaned. Here are my EVOD/PT/BCC head cleaning instructions:

Just got a Evoid. It's great....but how do I clean it?

Senior Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by EddardinWinter View Post
    Again...regardless of all other things, if you run your ProTank over 6.5 watts, you run the risk of burning wicks, coils, juice. It is clearly recommended for 6.5 watts. So if you have only a 3.7 volt device...

1.8 ohms means (3.7 x 3.7)/1.8=7.61 watts
    2.2 ohms means (3.7 x 3.7)/2.2=6.22 watts
    2.5 ohms means (3.7 x 3.7)/2.5=5.48 watts
    Thanks for this!
    You've been Garthed.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Reroka View Post

I put the same coil in my tank that I got with the 1100 Mah starter kit. It's a 1.5ml tank. put my liquid in, primed it, took a few small hits.
    After about 30 mins of vapng that included about 60 pufss no burnt tast. Did the same with my pro Tank same issue as stated when I started.

I did the same thing with my other liquid, No issues what so ever in both tanks I have.

I can't believe I didn't think of this before but it could be an airflow issue. I know I had a knockoff T3 that had larger airholes and everything tasted burnt even though it actually wasn't. Try putting your finger over one of the airholes on the PT. I still think it is a combination of the juice with too high of power but it wouldn't hurt to try.
    When I'm watchin' my TV and a man comes on to tell me how white my shirts can be.
    Well he can't be a man 'cause he doesn't vape the same apv's as me.

Yeah, I type stuff. ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I'm in the "too high watts" and also "bad wicking with thick juice" camps.

The watts you can only rectify by changing ohms. It may be that the other tank has more internal resistance than the protank and actually measures out at more ohms. (Can anyone verify this? Why is the protank so fussy about watts otherwise?)

Did you try thinning a small amount of juice with some water? Like 1 or 2 drops per 10 ml of juice.
    Tobacco free since 6/30/10 4:30 pm! VV box mod user and amateur multimeter reader.
    ♪♫♪♫♩ They call me AttyPops, AttyPops, Oh Atty Atty Atty... AttyPops! <Ba, Da, Bum, Bum> ♪♫♪♫♩

I tried another way to fix the issue that seems to work. On the Coil there is a white silcon near the wicks. I took that off and then attached to the tank. I know people said that it would leak if i did that. However I did it and that worked as well. It has yet to leak and it's been a solid day. None the less, I get my 2.5 ohm coils tomm, I also get a vision spinner 1300 vv battery aswell. I also ordered a Itaste SVD from fattech and thaty should be here next week.

I got a hell of a deal, for 60.08 I got the itaste CVD 2 iclear30s, 3 replacement wicks. NO battery but they are cheap, and no charger. But I can pick thoes up at B&m store here where I live.
    AttyPops likes this.

Senior Member ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Reroka View Post

What the precent of PG/VG. I have had problems with the wick in the past with to much VG. It's to thick to wick quickly.

it's nicquid
    I think they do 65%pg 35%vg or 60/40

Quote Originally Posted by xpackaday View Post
    What the precent of PG/VG. I have had problems with the wick in the past with to much VG. It's to thick to wick quickly.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast