Issues with Burning Coils very fast
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Issues with Burning Coils very fast

Default Issues with Burning Coils very fast

Ok, so I am using a Pro Tank 2 with a 1.8Ohm Coils. My Battery is the 1100 Mah battery, not a VV a steady 3.7. However I am burning coils left and right with the pro tank 2. I am not sure as to why but It seems as soon as I put a new coil in in about 4 puffs my coils has burned. I have no clue what is going on.

PV Master ECF Veteran

do you have a meter to make SURE the coil is really 1.8??? 1.8 should be fine with that, I believe,,,,,,,,I use a 1.8 coil with my 3.7 volt device.
    AttyPops likes this.

Pride Male Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Reroka View Post
    Ok, so I am using a Pro Tank 2 with a 1.8Ohm Coils. My Battery is the 1100 Mah battery, not a VV a steady 3.7. However I am burning coils left and right with the pro tank 2. I am not sure as to why but It seems as soon as I put a new coil in in about 4 puffs my coils has burned. I have no clue what is going on.
    Well, that comes out to about 7.6 watts. ProTank recommends 6.5 watts...try turning it down just a bit. They really don't do well over 7 watts. If you want more power, you are gonna need to rebuild the coils with some mesh and wire, then your limits are a bit more generous.

3.5 volts comes out to 6.8 watts. And it probably will make quite a difference in your coil life.

EDIT:

Sorry. I see you have a constant voltage. Get you some 2.2 ohm coils. They will do much better... (6.2 watts)
    Last edited by EddardinWinter; 10-08-2013 at 12:44 PM.
    AttyPops and Wow1420 like this.

There are no men like me. There’s only me.
    ---Jaime Lannister

Yea a 2.2 is the best for non-variable imo. Every juice has different thickness and consistency.

So If i order some 2.5s would this fix the issue. Edited due to wrong info.
    Last edited by Reroka; 10-08-2013 at 01:57 PM.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Why is it so many people leave out pertinent information. If it only happens with one liquid the problem is the liquid.

My first question is what do you mean? The coil pops (breaks)? You get a burnt taste? Other?

Second question is have you tried it in a different tank?
    When I'm watchin' my TV and a man comes on to tell me how white my shirts can be.
    Well he can't be a man 'cause he doesn't vape the same apv's as me.

To answer your questions, Yes it happens with the other tanks I have, Some coil different tank, I have tried 6 different tanks, Yes it seems to happen with all my liquids. This is the first time I expired this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Penn View Post
    Why is it so many people leave out pertinent information. If it only happens with one liquid the problem is the liquid.

My first question is what do you mean? The coil pops (breaks)? You get a burnt taste? Other?

Second question is have you tried it in a different tank?

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

So If i order some 2.5s would this fix the issue. The funny thing it only happens with my Chacolate lquid. May be it's because it's thicker?
    To answer your questions, Yes it happens with the other tanks I have, Some coil different tank, I have tried 6 different tanks, Yes it seems to happen with all my liquids. This is the first time I expired this issue.
    What?! Which is it?
    When I'm watchin' my TV and a man comes on to tell me how white my shirts can be.

Fixed,

Sorry I fixed my post, Yes it happens with the two liquids I have, ONe chocalate, the other afternoon delight from MBV.

Quote Originally Posted by Penn View Post
    What?! Which is it?

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Define burning coils? Just a burnt taste or the coils pop?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast