Dripping atomizer problems?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Dripping atomizer problems?

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Default Dripping atomizer problems?

I just got one of the standard res drippers from goodejuice, one of the generic ones, and I dripped probably 8 drops in to make sure it was nice and liquidated, and I'm getting an extremely harsh, burnt vape out of what should be a soft juice - regular old coffee and cream. The atomizer got extremely hot to the touch upon just a few puffs. I've long suspected my battery of overvolting by quite a bit, but is this a common problem among drippers? What should I do? It tastes so burnt - not so much like a metal burn, but as though my juice is just burning instead of vaporizing. Any help?

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Use a multi meter and test the battery voltage and the real resistance of the atty
    OlDogNewTricks likes this.

Using Reo Woodvil, Reo Woodvil 18490, LP Reo Grand, SL Reo Grand, Pdib Dibi. Chalice, RM2, Cyclone, Divo, RM4, Odin, ReadyxWick

What is the Point of a driper? I mean is it not a pain in the ..... to apply drops every so often?

Just to test my juices before I put em in my protank and potentially waste a lot of juice. but so far, the dripper is making things taste like a burnt blu carto. badly.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

What type of coil did you make?

You have a hot leg/coil that is burning the juice.

its just the standard res dripper from goodejuice. it came premade and all, in carto form. can't get this thing to work, and it leaks.

i'm about to be tee'd off with this. this battery is a curse. first one i got from discountvapers didn't even work, and the second one burns absolutely whatever i put on it. it is the blu carto killer (not that they're made well anyway), it's turning this dripper into a fryer, and it completely torched my first protank head. it sucks living in a town with no vape shop because i could probably march right up and say "hey, let me sample this or that" and get a good idea of what this should be doing.

I'm also getting the same burnt taste in my protank II and it's wicking as good as ever (I pull the heads apart to check for dry wicks and nada). I think my battery is just chaos, and I don't have a meter to check it with.

Is it indeed a possibility that my battery is outputting a higher voltage than what it should be? I keep it at the lowest, 3.7. Has anyone heard of a battery outputting over what it needs to, just in a range where it's not blowing up?

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Are you using the same juice in each one? Maybe try a different juice (Higher VG or higher quality) and see how it does.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast