Cleaning Wicks

Thread: Cleaning Wicks

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Cleaning Wicks

Hey everyone
    I've read a lot of threads on ECF discussing cleaning vaping equipment and have some techniques of my own I like. One thing I would like some advice on in particular is cleaning the replacement heads i.e. iClear 16, 30 etc that have exposed wicks. I'm finding it difficult to get the previous ejuice smell and flavor removed from the wicking material. I dry burn but that doesn't help clean the entire wick, just the coil area.

How do most of you clean those types of heads? Right now, i just use boiling water and it seems to work fairly well but I can still smell, taste a bit of residue from the previous juice.

Is 100 proof alcohol the way to go with the wicks? Or Iso? I don't like the idea of vinegar for obvious taste reasons. Or is boiling the best option to stick with?

thnx

Ultra Member ECF Veteran D. Waterhouse's Avatar

I avoid using anything I wouldn't drink because no matter how well you think you've rinsed/dried something odds are you didn't do it well enough.

I use PGA (190 proof) to clean everything, if that doesn't get it, I replace it.
    The SID & ARO, BoxMods w/ 2ohm singles, IGO S w/ Sigelei 24 & Mt. Baker Vapor juice :)

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

usually i get rid of the taste just leaving them in the sink overnight, than when i dry burn in morning they are great

Senior Member ECF Veteran Dreaswi's Avatar

Plain vodka soak overnight has always worked for me

It only takes one person to start a revolution.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I did the same way as Dreaswi with dripping atomizer, soak it in vodka 1 day, the flavor all gone.

PV Master ECF Veteran pufZeppelin's Avatar

same here, dry burn works pretty good but leaves the dreaded burnt taste
    the vodka soak seem to get rid of it...
    I buy a plastic 100ml bottle of SKOL at wally world for 1.42

Ω ... you have to "Learn" how to Vape, it's not smoking...

Full Member Verified Member

Someone in a group on Facebook posted yesterday to use Polident - since hubby had some I thought I'd give it a try. I soak in the polident overnight, then soaked today in just boiling water - No taste that I could tell and wonderfully clean wicks!