Best set up for VG only juice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Best set up for VG only juice

Default Best set up for VG only juice

I've been vaping for about 2 years now and I thought I had everything down. I found juices I like, I found the tanks I liked etc. and everything was good. However, I've always had dry skin problems, but this year it got so bad I ended up going to the doctors and after a few tests I now know I'm allergic to PG.

This means I'm now starting from scratch again as most of my preferred tanks, coils and juice wont work anymore. I've found some VG only juice I like but I'm having a lot of problems finding a good tank because it either leaks or gets clogged up after just 1 day of vaping. I recently found out VG cracks plastic tanks (that was a fun day). I read lots of good things about the pyrex ARO tanks, but after trying 3 of them, they all leaked in less than a days use, which is a shame because they tasted great before leaking.

So far the best I've found is the Pyrex DCT tanks with Dual Coil cartomizers. They don't leak, but the carto only lasts about a day and a half before getting clogged up.

Whats strange to me is my wife is also allergic to PG and she's been happily using VG in the same tanks I do for over a year, but she doesn't clog hers up? Perhaps I'm using it too much? Getting it too hot? Any thoughts on this?

Does anyone here smoke pure VG, and if so what tanks/cartos could you recommend that can handle VG juice?

Administrator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I've never used cartos or carto tanks, but my high VG (90% VG or more) content juices work well in my Protanks and Puritanks. I redo my own heads, too, so the juice works better on those than the stock ones.

Letting the mix down with some distilled water helps lots with wicking problems associated with VG only .
    yaypudding likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

If you are into rebuidables, I would suggest dripping.

Not to sound like a reo fanboy, but the reo was designed for pure VG use.

Maybe use a reo or other bottom fed with a cisco spec atty.

Do you and your wife vape the same juice now?

Thanks for the quick reply's.

@retired1 - I loved the ARO tank until it leaked after just a days use, but I've heard it was just copy of the protank, so perhaps I'll give that one a go and hope it doesn't leak like the other.

@Oomee - This sounds like a good idea, but would it affect the nic content? I vape 2.4 normally but I tried a 1.8 once and ended up using it twice as much because I wasn't getting the nicotine.

@yaypudding - I had never heard of the reo before, but after looking it up, it looks quite interesting. When I started vaping I used cartos and kept burning them until I discovered tanks. I need to look up more information on these, thanks for the tip. As for the juice, yes my wife and I vape mostly the same juice now. I can clog up a carto in my tank with the same juice she uses fine. Same cartos as well. I'm wondering if I just use mine more and perhaps generate more heat causing it to clog up?

Ultra Member ECF Veteran D. Waterhouse's Avatar

On the ARO tank, was the head tight? that's a problem with all bottom coil clearos.
    The SID & ARO, BoxMods w/ 2ohm singles, IGO S w/ Sigelei 24 & Mt. Baker Vapor juice :)

After the first 2 leaked, I went as far as to use pliers to make sure it was all screwed together well, so yes, it was very tight. I'll guess its a similar problem I'm having with the tank cartos getting clogged, perhaps the heat is too much for the VG and it's getting too thick after a few hours.
    Now I've typed that, I'm thinking I should try the distilled water as Oomee sugested. Anyone have any suggestions on how much to add to my juice?

Full Member Verified Member

this is some good info since I like VG juices and make my own with no PG.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran D. Waterhouse's Avatar

To thin VG start with one drop per 3-5 ml, it thins quicker than you'd think.
    The SID & ARO, BoxMods w/ 2ohm singles, IGO S w/ Sigelei 24 & Mt. Baker Vapor juice :)

I've had really good luck with the Protank II and Mini Protank II with my 100% VG juices from Jugheads. I think the key is, as other posters have suggested, making sure that the liquid has been thinned down adequately.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast