I have only just started vaping (literally today) but want to talk about... TASTE! - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: I have only just started vaping (literally today) but want to talk about... TASTE!

Good luck, and welcome to the other side!!

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    A Vaper from Mother England........(English decent from the 1700's here !)

Well, your fish and chips are great and when your tastebuds return you will remember this ( if you can still find a shop where they are made by the English)...."American humor"...........and Love your "Sunday Dinner" sold at all the Pubs....

Just wanted to say hello and glad you found Vaping to your liking !!
    Haha! There's nothing wrong with the Chinese slant on fish and chips, allegedly? Thanks for the welcome

Quote Originally Posted by mcol View Post
    Good luck, and welcome to the other side!!
    Thanks
    Thunderball likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Welcome to EFC!!! And you're right, partially, about smokers not really being able to smell/taste properly. My taste buds were super whacked and are finally coming around and staying around.

However...I do know when I smoked and ran out of cigs and bummed one off of someone, if it wasn't a Marlboro light, I could taste it right away. I couldn't taste some foods for squat when i smoked, but I knew my flavor of choice in an analog & instantly could taste the difference in others. Weird...I kno..

Quote Originally Posted by AngiBe View Post
    Welcome to EFC!!! And you're right, partially, about smokers not really being able to smell/taste properly. My taste buds were super whacked and are finally coming around and staying around.

However...I do know when I smoked and ran out of cigs and bummed one off of someone, if it wasn't a Marlboro light, I could taste it right away. I couldn't taste some foods for squat when i smoked, but I knew my flavor of choice in an analog & instantly could taste the difference in others. Weird...I kno..
    I've only just switched from smokes to vapes and I don't think my taste buds were that whacked I couldn't tell the difference between chilli and custard pie they were just dulled which is really my point. That's what cigs do. Your example where you run out of cigs and try one from someone else of course you'll get this 'this is a new taste' hit because it's not your normal brand. When you smoke the same brand all day you don't taste ANYTHING after the first few but with vapes you taste everything, all of the time.

That was my point. And thanks for the welcome Angi
    AngiBe likes this.

ECF Veteran

Welcome to the board.

Once I really got into vaping I never wanted to TASTE Marlborough ever again.
    NiNi, Thunderball, AngiBe and 1 others like this.

I learned everything I needed to know in life walking the streets of Compton.

Quote Originally Posted by Butters78 View Post
    Welcome to the board.

Once I really got into vaping I never wanted to TASTE Marlborough ever again.
    Thanks Butters, well USA Red Mix (in England it's just called USA Mix) tastes absolutely gorgeous. I started smoking Marlbrough Reds
    and moved on to Lights it doesn't taste anything like either it just tastes fantastic. Don't let the name association put you off.
    Butters78 likes this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Grimwald's Avatar

I kind of know what you mean. I realized a few months ago that smoking was not about taste. IMHO, the closest juice to smoking is not some tobacco mix...the closest is unflavored. Most of the day I just vape unflavored juice to simulate what I remember as smoking (it's also incredibly cheap). I have a couple of flavors I like for just an hour or so in the evening.

Gort, Klaatu barada nikto

Quote Originally Posted by Grimwald View Post
    I kind of know what you mean. I realized a few months ago that smoking was not about taste. IMHO, the closest juice to smoking is not some tobacco mix...the closest is unflavored. Most of the day I just vape unflavored juice to simulate what I remember as smoking (it's also incredibly cheap). I have a couple of flavors I like for just an hour or so in the evening.
    How ironic is that? I understand completely why just plain nicotine with no flavour would be the perfect cigarette subsitute

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Scream View Post
    How ironic is that? I understand completely why just plain nicotine with no flavour would be the perfect cigarette subsitute
    LOL touché..true so true!

I do get what u mean. And all of these variety of flavors to vape is so exciting and fun. But I draw the line in the new flavors I've seen out there of bacon, pizza, roast beef...just can't go there
    Thunderball likes this.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Hey hey WELCOME Aboard!

Talking about Taste - You are in for a world of Treats. Hopefully you don't just stop short and miss out.
    I started out on the various Tobacco substitutes, still keep one in 18mg around for Panic attacks. Boy was I surprised to find nothing tasted like a smoke.
    Well, now I never touch Tob. Flavors. Just lost the taste for them. But WOW, some of the desserts and creations of the mind just blow things away.
    Now hooked on a DIY - Milk Chocolate Caramel Cappuccino and Orange Creamsicle.

Enjoy your adventure!!!
    Iffy and NiNi like this.
    Smoke free since 08/06/12 for my loving Wife, our Children and Grand Children
    Someone has to pay the bills - lol

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast