Mission Impossible: It's "liquid," not "joose." - Page 3
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Like Tree642Likes

Thread: Mission Impossible: It's "liquid," not "joose."

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by IBCR Media View Post
    Good afternoon, dedicated vapers.

Situation: After your successful efforts in changing the term "steeping" to "aging," command and control has confidence in your ability to accomplish the next difficult mission.

The solutions that we have been vaporizing are liquids containing propylene glycol, vegetable glycerin, water, flavorings and liquid nicotine base. There are no plant or fruit squeezings in these aqueous solutions. However, a sinister element has usurped the proper terminology and begun a campaign to refer to these substances as "joose." We think Phil Busardo is behind this, but that is for you to ascertain.

Your mission, vapers, should you choose to accept it, is to refrain from using the "J" word when referring to your delicious, satisfying e-liquids. Instead, use the term "liquid" or "flavor." After all, we don't want some knucklehead opening a bottle of Orange Crush and drinking the damned thing.

As always, should you or any of fellow vapers be caught or banned, the ECF will disavow any knowledge of your actions.

Good luck, vapers!

THANK you!
    "Juice" has always driven me crazy. I once visited a friend who has kids and he kept talking about his "juice" when his daughter pipes up and says "daddy I want some juice!". The next 5 minutes were spent with him trying to explain to her that it was his juice, not her juice, and she should never touch his juice but her juice was still okay to drink. Her mother brought her some apple juice and she refused to drink it because she still wasn't sure what the difference was and she was afraid to drink daddy's juice. It was mind-numbing and he still refused to call it "liquid" or anything otherwise.
    NiNi, Wow1420 and Fulgurant like this.

And I'm bloody good at it Verified Member
    Supporting Member

We could call it priming fluid....lol

Some of it IS pretty prime.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by EvilZoe:11002671
    We could call it priming fluid....lol

Some of it IS pretty prime.
    Roflcopter.
    I do use juice to prime cartos. I support priming fluid..as long as the fluid is in a homogeneous state.
    NiNi and EvilZoe like this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Im going with juice; though I use both terms.
    NiNi likes this.

PV Master ECF Veteran

I won't give up juice,,,,,,,,

I won't I won't I won't!!!!!!!
    Iffy, EleanorR, NiNi and 3 others like this.

I do prefer the word 'liquid' over 'juice'. I also prefer 'vaping' over 'smoking', taking a 'puff', or a 'hit'. These terms are associated with smoking tobacco or something else. As far as I know, 'vaping' is specific to vaping.

I also dislike the word 'ecigarette'. The definition of a cigarette is a thin cylinder of finely cut tobacco rolled in paper for smoking. The implication is that it's, well, still a cigarette. That's not what we're doing. And it gives people who are not familiar with vaping the connotation that it's still 'evil'.
    EleanorR, NiNi, firephly and 1 others like this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Would you like a nice cold glass of Orange Liquid with your waffles?

Will I have to re-label my Juice Peach?
    Last edited by crxess; 10-16-2013 at 06:28 PM.
    NiNi likes this.
    Smoke free since 08/06/12 for my loving Wife, our Children and Grand Children
    Someone has to pay the bills - lol

Ultra Member ECF Veteran WattWick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by minimalsaint View Post
    THANK you!
    "Juice" has always driven me crazy. I once visited a friend who has kids and he kept talking about his "juice" when his daughter pipes up and says "daddy I want some juice!". The next 5 minutes were spent with him trying to explain to her that it was his juice, not her juice, and she should never touch his juice but her juice was still okay to drink. Her mother brought her some apple juice and she refused to drink it because she still wasn't sure what the difference was and she was afraid to drink daddy's juice. It was mind-numbing and he still refused to call it "liquid" or anything otherwise.
    Oh noes! The "What about the children" card is in play!

"Liquids" ? "Flavors" ?! That's the stuff I mix to make my juice
    Truth is, verbally, the word I use directly translates to liquid. For forum purposes I use "juice", tho.
    EleanorR, NiNi and Fulgurant like this.

Super Member ECF Veteran OzarkTroutBum's Avatar

I like to be liquid in my thinking and liquid in my finances.

I could never get juiced up by the whole "joose" thing because according to Steven Dorf, we can pretty much agree that we are all adults here so substituting letters doesn't really do anything for me.

I can get behind the whole liquid movement.
    EleanorR, NiNi and Fulgurant like this.
    "If children don't like to be in a smoky room, they'll leave." "At some point, they begin to crawl."
    Charles Harper, R.J. Reynolds Chairman

ECF Moderator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

We have these threads about one a month. People can call it what they want.

As far as board nomenclature (e-cigarettes, apv, etc.) that's not likely to change.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast