OK so this is not normal? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: OK so this is not normal?

ECF Moderator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

That's because you use all or high PG, right? Mine last me a really long time too.

I don't use dark liquids with a lot of sweetners and very high PG and mine last forever.

E-Cig Afficionado Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I can't believe some of the responses here, 60 ml in 3 days? I vape dual coils @ .5ohms and barely go through 30ml a week! lol

That said my wife does use Boge carto tanks on a Provari, she does go through about 1 and a half F-16 carto tanks a day. All our juices are mixed by me, all the same base 18mg for her 10mg for me 15%/85% PG/VG. Very thick stuff and her cartos seem to last about 2-3 weeks, our flavors vary some sweet, some not so much it's really all over the place. But the cartos don't seen effected much at all they last quite a bit.

A nation of sheep, breeds a government of wolves... Join CASAA today!

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I use very high PG (85%) and my juice is clear and not sweet. It's menthol with a shot of koolada in it and a couple of drops of peppermint (miniscule: 9 drops in a 60ml. bottle). My flavor percentage to the PG/VG mix is about 5%. Yet I cannot get more than a few days out of a carto in a tank. I use 2ohm SC cartomizers, 3.5mg. nic. I average between 8 and 12 ml. a day. The tanks are basic tanks...nothing really fancy. The most I've ever gotten out of a carto in a tank is about 10 days...and that was like a miracle. I generally figure on about 2 days as being about the most I can count on. Once in a blue moon I can eke out 3 days. The carto will continue to work and isn't clogged or really "burnt" tasting; but the flavor will change and get kinda..blah. "Off" tasting. I can't stand that so I change it out.

So clear light juice with little sweetener isn't the magic bullet, I'm pretty sure.
    Last edited by fourthrok; 10-20-2013 at 03:46 PM.

PV Master ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Caridwen View Post
    That's because you use all or high PG, right? Mine last me a really long time too.

I don't use dark liquids with a lot of sweetners and very high PG and mine last forever.
    hm,,,,I do tend to use 70PG/30VG,,,,,,,

I also absolutely love to vape and vape pretty much constantly when I'm awake (I don't work outside the home)

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by fourthrok View Post
    I use very high PG (85%) and my juice is clear and not sweet. It's menthol with a shot of koolada in it and a couple of drops of peppermint (miniscule: 9 drops in a 60ml. bottle). My flavor percentage to the PG/VG mix is about 5%. Yet I cannot get more than a few days out of a carto in a tank. I use 2ohm SC cartomizers, 3.5mg. nic. I average between 8 and 12 ml. a day. The tanks are basic tanks...nothing really fancy. The most I've ever gotten out of a carto in a tank is about 10 days...and that was like a miracle. I generally figure on about 2 days as being about the most I can count on. Once in a blue moon I can eek out 3 days. The carto will continue to work and isn't clogged or really "burnt" tasting; but the flavor will change and get kinda..blah. "Off" tasting. I can't stand that so I change it out.

So clear light juice with little sweetener isn't the magic bullet, I'm pretty sure.
    I don't know what to say. I've been filling cartos for 2 people for a few years and mine last twice as long as the ones that are tobacco, higher VG.

Edit: I don't vape anywhere near 8-12 ml a day, probably closer to 2ml (I vape higher nic) and switch between several pvs. That may be why.

PV Master ECF Veteran

could the brand of carto have anything to do with it??

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I use whatever I can pick up on sale. Usually boge.

Senior Member Verified Member AutumnBrook's Avatar

My smok flanged ones last at least 2 weeks with filler. The nickel ones I can't tell you yet. I am at week 3 of my most heavily used semi dark sweet liquid. No signs of slowing. I has never flooded. But none of the filler-less ones have yet. I am nice about how many volts I use on them. Depending on there ohms obviously. But if it seems toasted when I hit it once. I back right down. Nothing worse then burned filler.
    Do not be too moral. You may cheat yourself out of much life so. Aim above morality. Be not simply good; be good for something.
    ~Thoreau.

PV Master ECF Veteran

well, I know my daughter and I both change heads or cartos at different times,,,,,,,we use the same brand, but what she feels tastes YUCK is far longer than how I feel it tastes YUCK,,,,,,

maybe it's just another personal preference???? some taste buds are just more "picky" than others??

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Sir, we gave you the wrong carto.. You're not suppose to be able to drive across the country using less than 5 gallons of e-juice and still not have to fill up....

Oh!! Whoops.. sorry. wrong conspiracy thread...

I have cartos that have lasted a month.. same ones don't last the wife 2 weeks.. be glad!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast