Establishments Banning E-Cigs - 2 reasons - Page 105
Page 105 of 106 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106 LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1053
Like Tree3962Likes

Thread: Establishments Banning E-Cigs - 2 reasons

Dragon Lady ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Hm....

Does this scan like the C.V. of an "innocent victim of an ANTZ smear campaign" to you?
    Innocent victims of smear campaigns.. hm.....
    Who went against "common knowledge"... hm.....
    "Common knowledge" that ensured lots of money and lots of power for a mighty ruling elite.. hm...

Now what does that remind me of?

He was tried by the Inquisition, found "vehemently suspect of heresy" ...
    Seems it has happened before. Like, to Galileo Galilei

I will not even mention the "common knowledge" written down in the Malleus maleficarum (The Hammer of Witches), published by Catholic inquisition authorities in 1485-86.

For most things, there is some precedent / similar case in history. History repeats itself.
    If a witch looks at a child, it damages the child.
    If a smoker comes in from the outside and breathes in the same room as a child, it damages the child.

hm.......
    Last edited by Anjaffm; 11-08-2013 at 09:21 AM.
    Uma, progg, DancingHeretik and 4 others like this.
    European Vapers: We need you! Please sign the European Free Vaping Initiative - for all of us!

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fulgurant View Post
    It's social engineering driven by a bloated public-health industry with access to billions of dollars looking for a problem to solve. Unfortunately, their best and seemingly only approved solution is to (try to) manipulate the public's behavior by banning/regulating/taxing the living snot out of whatever it is that doesn't meet with their approval. And as the saying goes, when all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Outstanding post.

And we didn't learn the lesson, not by statistics, nor exposure of the prime motivators; we didn't begin to heal as a society in almost virtual unanimity...until Prohibition was lifted.

It was then that we were free to acknowledge the repressed awareness of the incaculable harm that we had done to society by making criminals out of honest citizens (imposing the perception that they behave and should as such).

Good luck!

“There is in all of us a strong disposition to believe that anything lawful is also legitimate. This belief is so widespread that many persons have erroneously held that things are ‘just’ because the law makes them so.” —Frédéric Bastiat, "The Law"
    kristin, Uma, progg and 5 others like this.

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity—Seneca the Younger

Full Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Interesting thread !
    The world is too busy to get educated about cigs vs vaping .
    Don't expect the world to smack itself in the head and say 'what the heck was I thinking, of course these people aren't smoking' .
    The anti smoking movement took years to ferment and finally become a standard of behavior and conduct. It will take the same process to make vaping in public a normative behavior. The rules of social acceptance will not change just because things are 'not fair' .
    Rude vaping behavior will entrench the public perception against the vaping activity.
    It does no good to try to change attitudes overnight. This vaping acceptance will take years. Settle in and act responsibly, it will follow the same path as any change in social acceptance.
    Moedog likes this.

DC2
    I'm Chucked Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by ArtyPa View Post
    It does no good to try to change attitudes overnight. This vaping acceptance will take years. Settle in and act responsibly, it will follow the same path as any change in social acceptance.
    It makes sense to me that attitudes would change quicker if people are actively pushing for change.
    Sitting back and waiting for something to happen doesn't really make things happen.

DC2
    I'm Chucked Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by ArtyPa View Post
    It makes sense to me that attitudes would change quicker if people are actively pushing for change.
    Sitting back and waiting for something to happen doesn't really make things happen.

It does smell up a room and that is not rite. Especially all the yummy flavors...
    MacTechVpr likes this.

When in doubt stealth.
    This past Friday went to the movies.
    As I rode down the elevator going to my car I vaped and held it.
    When I left the theatre I vaped and held it til I got to the car.
    Inside the theatre I stealthed.
    If there is no exhale there is no offense.
    Sure I look to see if someone will approach, they never do.
    Heck a while back I was in the Kaiser Pharmacy line.
    An older gentleman I'm sure he was in his sixties at least, walked into
    the pharmacy vaping. Vaping like it was going out of style, no vapor on the exhale
    no offense. Heck when I smoked I would sometimes put a cig in my mouth. No offense til you
    light it.......lol.
    sc12 likes this.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Uma View Post
    Is there any proof that not vaping is harmless?
    I see this question or something similar to it posted all the time here on ECF. Someone should only need a very limited level of intelligence to understand that inhaling a vapor made with the same base as other medical inhalers with only food flavorings and pharmaceutical grade nicotine added is INFINITELY safer than inhaling tar, carbon monoxide, and several thousand other chemical including more than 50 known carcinogens. This isn't rocket science, we are vaping FOOD and MEDICAL quality materials compared to proven toxins and carcinogens. I don't even see how there can be a debate about the relative safety between the two activities.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DC2 View Post
    I practice expediting user adaptation and satisfaction. And enlisting satisfied vapers to educate others. Our community is strong. It can be made stronger.

Good luck.

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity—Seneca the Younger

Senior Member ECF Veteran Eranda13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harlen View Post
    It's just water vaper
    I wish people would stop saying this. It's NOT just water vapor. It's PG and VG and flavorings. Is there water IN it? Sure. Is that all it is? NO.