Establishments Banning E-Cigs - 2 reasons - Page 2
Page 2 of 106 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 1053
Like Tree3962Likes

Thread: Establishments Banning E-Cigs - 2 reasons

  1. #11
    PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    zapped's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Richmond
    Posts
    4,749

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CommaHolly View Post
    I disagree,,,,,,,,,

    some MISinformation I've heard,,,,,

    those are worse than regular cigarettes,,,,,,,,

    those will blow up in your face and take your teeth with it,,,,,,,,,

    those contain antifreeze,,,,,,,,,,,
    Ive heard comments like this too. Which is why I advocate vaping publicly. The stealth vaper isnt answering or refuting statements like those.Theyre too busy trying (and usually failing miserably to be stealthy) Personally they remind me (and probably others as well) of illicit drug users and that alone can cause quite a bit of fear and mistrust.

    On the opposite side of this are the vapers who take delight in blowing plumes of vapor everywhere regardless of the situation or who is present. Freedom to vape has to be tempered with common sense, courtesy and respect for others.

    I dont vape while pumping gas for example because shorts do happen and because Im trying to consider others feeling and reactions. Even if its only a small chance that something can wrong, I have no right to take a chance with their lives like that.

    In short theres no need to hide but theres no reason to be a douchebag about it either.
    Last edited by zapped; 10-21-2013 at 03:42 PM.

  2. #12
    PV Master ECF Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Plant City, FL
    Posts
    5,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by suspectK View Post
    Short studies have shown that they aren't worse than cigarettes, but there aren't any long term studies to confirm or deny that.

    PV's can blow up if you don't know what you're doing/basic battery safety. It happens.

    PG, VG, and PEG can be used alone as an anti-freeze, but just because something has a low freezing point, doesn't make it any more harmful. All three of those bases can and are used in pharmaceutical applications, such as injectable solutions. Quick counter-point for someone that doesn't know how to read an ingredient label.
    I guess it's how you define MISinformation then,,,,,,,,

  3. #13
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Harlen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    1,563
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default

    To not respect others when you vape is just bad manners.
    I vape every place I go but never blow vape at some one .if I'm at some ones house I ask if it's ok to vape.
    When playing poker I have ben asked what's in it and if there's anything in the vape I exhale and I let them know what I know.
    It's just water vaper .
    No problems yet.
    second2none, zapped, Katya and 5 others like this.

  4. #14
    E-Cig Afficionado Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    JMarca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    752

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zapped View Post
    Ive heard comments like this too. Which is why I advocate vaping publicly. The stealth vaper isnt answering or refuting statements like those.Theyre too busy trying (and usually failing miserably to be stealthy) Personally they remind me (and probably others as well) of illicit drug users and that alone can cause quite a bit of fear and mistrust.

    On the opposite side of this are the vapers who take delight in blowing plumes of vapor everywhere regardless of the situation or who is present. Freedom to vape has to be tempered with common sense, courtesy and respect for others.

    I dont vape while pumping gas for example because shorts do happen and because Im trying to consider others feeling and reactions. Even if its only a small chance that something can wrong, I have no right to take a chance with their lives like that.

    In short theres no need to hide but theres no reason to be a douchebag about it either.
    I agree with you to a point, vaping in public should be done anywhere, BUT once you enter a store or any property of sorts you no longer have the "right" to just pull out your PV and go off. If the rules are no smoking and no e-cigs you are no longer on public property if the property owner chooses not to want said items used on his/her property that is his/her RIGHT.

    A nation of sheep, breeds a government of wolves... Join CASAA today!

  5. #15
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    cocacola31173's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,428

    Default

    I really don't see vaping being allowed indoors ever. No matter how much information is out there it still looks too much like smoke and people will continue to see it as such. I didn't start to vape just so I could do it anywhere I did it for my health. I feel and smell better and now I can go longer without it so its no big deal when Im out and about. Personally I think that anyone should be able to go to a store and not need to puff while you are in there.

  6. #16
    PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    zapped's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Richmond
    Posts
    4,749

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JMarca View Post
    I agree with you to a point, vaping in public should be done anywhere, BUT once you enter a store or any property of sorts you no longer have the "right" to just pull out your PV and go off. If the rules are no smoking and no e-cigs you are no longer on public property if the property owner chooses not to want said items used on his/her property that is his/her RIGHT.
    Im not disagreeing with you there. Fortunately in Virginia we had a Commonwealth Attorney who was blessed with more common sense than most politicians. He ruled that electronic cigarettes do not smoke or combust so arent covered under non-smoking bans. This means we can vape pretty much anywhere we want but myself and most other vapers Ive seen try to temper that with courtesy and respect.

  7. #17
    ECF Moderator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Caridwen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    7,824

    Default

    That's really a pipe dream.

    To think that if we hide vaping or vape where no one can see us they'll somehow allow vaping. "Boy those vapor's sure are polite the way they hide, let's give them a cookie and allow them to vape."

    When has that historically ever happened?

    I live in a pretty populated area, and I don't see massive crowds of people blowing huge plumes in people's faces. Is that something that actually happens?

  8. #18
    PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    zapped's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Richmond
    Posts
    4,749

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cocacola31173 View Post
    I really don't see vaping being allowed indoors ever. No matter how much information is out there it still looks too much like smoke and people will continue to see it as such. I didn't start to vape just so I could do it anywhere I did it for my health. I feel and smell better and now I can go longer without it so its no big deal when Im out and about. Personally I think that anyone should be able to go to a store and not need to puff while you are in there.
    See the post right above Caridwens.

    People tend to think in regional terms.Just like drinking laws in the U.S, vaping varies from locality to locality.
    Last edited by zapped; 10-21-2013 at 04:06 PM.
    Fulgurant and FergusM like this.

  9. #19
    PV Master ECF Veteran stevegmu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    mistake by the lake
    Posts
    4,306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cocacola31173 View Post
    I really don't see vaping being allowed indoors ever. No matter how much information is out there it still looks too much like smoke and people will continue to see it as such. I didn't start to vape just so I could do it anywhere I did it for my health. I feel and smell better and now I can go longer without it so its no big deal when Im out and about. Personally I think that anyone should be able to go to a store and not need to puff while you are in there.
    That's it. It looks like smoking. If someone created a delivery system that released no vapor, vaping anywhere wouldn't be an issue. Not many on here would buy it, though.
    kristin and Fulgurant like this.

  10. #20
    Senior Member ECF Veteran Pyrate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TokyoTony View Post
    Anyone else see all of the restaurants, colleges, stores, etc. banning e-cigs? I'm sure you have, it's all over the news.

    I think there are two reasons for all of these bans:

    1. Misinformation - there's a TON of misinformation about e-cigs out there. They're new and people who know nothing about them are afraid of them, so they just ban them. This is a given and you all know about this so I won't go into it.

    2. Vapers are so blatant about vaping indoors, in public. This is the sad reason because it's our fault.

    Sometimes I'll go out and see vapers just blatantly blowing big clouds of vapor indoors, drawing a ton of attention to themselves. They figure because it's not smoke, it's just vapor, it's ok. It's not ok because it's offensive to non-smokers, and we've all been conditioned to avoid clouds of smoke because of the toxic crap it has in it. Of course we know 2nd hand vapor is harmless, but others don't know that.

    The solution is not to vape indoors in public, or if we must, to stealth vape. I've become good at this over the years to the point that people don't even know I'm vaping if I do so indoors. Discreetly bring my e-cig to my lips, take a drag, hold it in for a while, then just blow whatever vapor remains (which is very little if any if I hold it in long enough) down my chest so no one sees a cloud.

    How can we prevent new vapers from drawing this bad attention to our community? Ideas?

    In Red: This is EXACTLY why Vaping has been banned in most places I work or frequent
    I started Vaping 4 years ago. I was the only one doing it.Everyone thought I was weird, but I never blatantly vaped in public. I would always go out to a "smoking area" or stealth it.
    A year ago and everyone is doing it. However almost no-one is discreet about it. No-one tries to stealth vape or at least keep it low profile. They just blow big clouds into the air.
    Today, vaping is banned in most public places.
    Now all I hear is Vapers screaming WHY!?
    440BB, stevegmu, NicoHolic and 6 others like this.
    Lava Tube V2, VAMO V2, Sigelei ZMax V3-FT, Chi-You, Chimesis, Bolt, 2 Chucks (Modding/Rebuilding), Ego-CE6, Vision Vivi Nova, RSST, AGA-T2, Aios-TD, Cobra

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks