SVD or Vamo
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: SVD or Vamo

Default SVD or Vamo

I purchased an MVP V2 already and am looking to upgrade. Was wondering what you all would suggest I go onto next. An SVD or a Vamo. Or anything other that is relatively the same, but I have my eye on those two right now anyways.
    buzzzlove likes this.

PV Master* ECF Veteran Rocketpunk's Avatar

100% SVD. Waaaay more versatile than the Vamo, does everything the Vamo can do and then some (Vamo only takes 18650s or 18350s, the SVD will take any 18xxx battery that's out there), and one MAJOR factor: the buttons LOCK on the SVD. The Vamo's buttons do not lock (turning the device off does not constitute "locking buttons"). One day my Vamo rolled around in my backpack and like a fool I hit it before checking and burnt my carto dead. It had accidently bumped itself to 15 watts and I hit it on a 2 ohm carto. Fried it instantly.

SVD all the way. You can't go wrong. Also, the SVD is made by the same company that makes your MVP 2 (Innokin). If you like the quality of your MVP 2, you'll like the craftmanship of the SVD.
    FIRE THE LASER BEAM!

Member of the CFFC Cholos. Carto tanks Forever Forever Carto tanks. Hola vato!

PV Master* Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

SVD all the way. I've owned both. Go with the SVD.
    buzzzlove and Rocketpunk like this.
    Started vaping on 09/05/2012
    If I stumble and fall, I will get back up. I will never ever give up!

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketpunk View Post
    100% SVD. Waaaay more versatile than the Vamo, does everything the Vamo can do and then some (Vamo only takes 18650s or 18350s, the SVD will take any 18xxx battery that's out there), and one MAJOR factor: the buttons LOCK on the SVD. The Vamo's buttons do not lock (turning the device off does not constitute "locking buttons"). One day my Vamo rolled around in my backpack and like a fool I hit it before checking and burnt my carto dead. It had accidently bumped itself to 15 watts and I hit it on a 2 ohm carto. Fried it instantly.

SVD all the way. You can't go wrong. Also, the SVD is made by the same company that makes your MVP 2 (Innokin). If you like the quality of your MVP 2, you'll like the craftmanship of the SVD.
    Which Vamo was that?

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

San Antonio TX Travel the country for work

of the two mods you mentioned and the one you have they all vape at the same level of performance. As mentioned above you have some battery size option but not really an up grade more of a lateral IMO. If you want better performance and higher quality electronics. You have to up the cash also.

Id Personally chose a SVD over a Vamo
    Rocketpunk and Asbestos4004 like this.

Super Member ECF Veteran cramptholomew's Avatar

CONS...

SVD: atty connection is weak. Atty pin is easily pushed into the mod. The grommet surrounding it is small and loose. Do not over tighten your atty.

Vamo: 510 threads strip easily. AFAIK, no one makes an eGo to 510 adapter, which would somewhat alleviate that problem, except your atty would look all stupid floating above the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by buzzzlove View Post
    of the two mods you mentioned and the one you have they all vape at the same level of performance. As mentioned above you have some battery size option but not really an up grade more of a lateral IMO. If you want better performance and higher quality electronics. You have to up the cash also.
    Id Personally chose a SVD over a Vamo
    What would you suggest as am upgrade to what I currently own then?
    buzzzlove likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by grayscale View Post
    Which Vamo was that?
    V2. As far as I know, they're up to V5 and the buttons still don't lock. Am I wrong?
    FIRE THE LASER BEAM!

SVD! SVD! SVD!
    tnt56 likes this.
    FIRE THE LASER BEAM!

I would say Vamo, not v2 though. If u pick the vamo try getting a v3 or a v5 (both available on fasttech)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast