I don't remember getting high on nicotine when I smoked normal cigarettes. - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: I don't remember getting high on nicotine when I smoked normal cigarettes.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I use 24mg with no ill effects... Smoked about 15 analogs a day until started vaping.

I notice on manual electronic cigarettes 2-3 seconds works fine, but on automatic versions 3-5 seconds seems to work better.

Super Member Verified Member Scarey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blondeambition3 View Post

All I can vape is 24 mg!

* anything 'lower' and I jones...

Good for all of you who vape at lower mg's and can deal with it....
    I had that issue with less efficient delivery systems, such as protanks. With My RBA's/RDA's, I'm getting too much from 24mg. Gonna have to drop to 18 on my next order.
    _____________Last analog: September 10th, 2013, Around 22:00 GMT -5______________
    At 0.5Ω of resistance you're pushing 7.4 amps and a whopping 27.38 watts...
    If you did that to an eGo, it would destroy a small village.

Quote Originally Posted by Sham66 View Post
    I notice on manual electronic cigarettes 2-3 seconds works fine, but on automatic versions 3-5 seconds seems to work better.
    The weird thing for me is the guide suggest 'several seconds' drawing. I get a very harsh TH if I inhale from that. Assuming you exhale some of it first, you wouldn't need to draw that long? I am still curious if it's true that you have to draw for x amount of seconds on an e cig to get any kind of nicotine delivery.

Full Member Verified Member greghemmings's Avatar

I have been vaping Highbrow and Heather's Heavenly with my Pro V at 18 mg...just ordered my next batch at 15 mg. They say you get more flavor, but I also want to cut back on the nic a little. I have a super high stress job, and vaping has been great for me!

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Scream View Post
    Yes, I am going to have to go down to 18mg liquid. My excuse is I am new to vaping after smoking 20+ a day and 24mg was recommended to me I was told go high to start with to stay off the cigs.
    It depends on what kind of cigs you were smoking.

I rarely recommend 24mg to anyone, based on my own experience with that, as well as at least 10 new vapers I introduced vaping to. Basically, they either got woozy, sick, nauseous, but for me it was anxiety, a feeling of restlessness, and feeling very imbalanced in general.

If i do recommend 24, I always say get some 12mg in SAME flavor, cuz if you mix up a little ejuice, say 3ml, same amounts of 24mg + 12mg you get 18mg.

If this works, then you now have some 18mg to vape. BUT---if your "sample" of 18mg proves too much, now you have some 12mg juice to vape, without starting all over again.

I truly believe that the WORST thing you can do to a new vaper is to over-nic them, because in essence, that is poisoning them. ! Much better to err on the lesser side, and have it turn out they need a little higher nic, which is easily solvable.
    Last edited by Racehorse; 10-22-2013 at 11:59 PM.
    Katdarling and Ld3441 like this.

TC's given: ~9/27/12~ ~ 11/17/2012~~04/01/2013/TC rec'd: 03/09/2013

PV Master ECF Veteran WarHawk-AVG's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Scream View Post
    I read on one of the tutorials here that short puffs don't give you any nicotine. You need to slow draw for three seconds to get nicotine. Is that true? I wondered actually if that was written for old devices.
    negative ghost rider, if you get the vapor you are getting the nicotine...unlike analogs the mucous membranes of your mouth and tongue absorb the nicotine, this is why its not needed to lung inhale with an personal vaper...actually short puffs like a pipe or starting a 1/2 lit analog gives the best flavor..

For me, I do a combination but I like lung hit vaping

Inhalation technique with an e-cigarette
    Last edited by WarHawk-AVG; 10-22-2013 at 11:58 PM.

"An error does not become a mistake until you refuse to correct it"
    "A vaper without a multi-meter, is like a Mechanic without a wrench"

18mg was even too much for me.. when I vape I like to vape for a bit. With 18mg, I was getting too much. Looks like it's 12 for me .. Although there is a noticeable decrease in throat hit.:/

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran DrBeaker's Avatar

DO NOT DO THIS! I vape 40mg/ml to 50mg/ml day in and day out. Cant even think of vaping 36mg/ml I would jones for sure.
    I make e juice for friends and family from zero nic to 24mg/ml no one I know can or does vape at as high nic level as I do. Dont try it! Stay as low as you can to keep from going back to the stinkies.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast