how many of you simply pour in juice to refill rather than cleaning the tank each time? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: how many of you simply pour in juice to refill rather than cleaning the tank each time?

If I change the juice I clean the tank, rinse the head let it sit and dry replace and fill.

Some juices don't play well with others

Super Member ECF Veteran randomhousegir's Avatar

Depends. If I am vaping a similar flavor I just pour away. If they are not complimentary I rinse and switch heads (I keep spares on hand so I dont have to wait....yes, I am impatient haha) and enjoy my vapy vapeness. Yumm

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I only dump & clean when da joose gets too dark.

Wait a sec... OK, I am in da vaping forum (whew!)
    440BB likes this.
    If I'm awake, I vape!
    No 'bakky' since Apr 14, 2011, after 45 years of 2 PaD <insert Snoopy dance here>

Look, I wash dishes and clothes, scrub floors, counters and toilets. I'm NOT gonna spend time cleaning vape gear. I just keep adding juice and only change or clean heads. That's enough already!
    Stosh, CommaHolly and ScandaLeX like this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I only clean it when I feel a degradation of vapor. Other than that.. variety is the spice of life.

I clean them when changing flavors or when they start getting gunky. The number of fills I can get between cleanings varies with the type of juice.

Blog Entries

Guess we're all members of the "Lazy Vapers Club" But since I'm getting 1-2 months out of a coil and wick assembly in my Vivi, good vapor, good taste, I don't see me trying the 32 step "Cleaning, Dry Burning and Re-Wicking" method anytime soon...
    CommaHolly and patkin like this.
    I'm puffin' on a pipe bomb and carrying a detonator in my pocket,
    so just what was it you wanted to hassle me about ?? (No, I do not sub-ohm, pipe bomb is a joke)

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Interim cleanings for me (Kanger T2, CE4 varieties) occur when a few tankfuls have left me with a small amount of darker residue at the end of a tank. This involves removing the head, rinsing tank and head in hot tap water, patting wicks dry and blowing all liquid out of both. It takes about a minute and goes right back to work. Thorough cleaning, involving dry burning and flavor wick replacement, occurs every week or two and takes about 10 minutes.

This reminds me how much better vaping maintenance is compared to cartos a couple years ago, with frequent topping off, repeated flushings, hole alignment and taryn spins. And they still never tasted very good after the first fill.
    Vapo Marx likes this.
    Vaping since April 3, 2011 8:30am

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Cleaning? Not likely.
    CommaHolly likes this.
    Proud owner of Itaste MVP v2/2xVamo V2/Vamo V5/ L-Rider Lambo 4/ Octopus RDA/2xIgo-L etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by 440BB View Post
    Interim cleanings for me (Kanger T2, CE4 varieties) occur when a few tankfuls have left me with a small amount of darker residue at the end of a tank. This involves removing the head, rinsing tank and head in hot tap water, patting wicks dry and blowing all liquid out of both. It takes about a minute and goes right back to work. Thorough cleaning, involving dry burning and flavor wick replacement, occurs every week or two and takes about 10 minutes.
    I'm a fellow T2 user and my routine is about the same. I stocked up on heads but it turns out that probably wasn't necessary 'cause dry burning and flavor wick replacement can stretch out the life of a head quite a bit.
    440BB likes this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast