Manual Vs. Electric Batteries
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By StarsAndBars
  • 1 Post By riseabovethestorm
  • 1 Post By bluecat

Thread: Manual Vs. Electric Batteries

Super Member Verified Member

Default Manual Vs. Electric Batteries

I apologize in advance if this already exists in a thread, but I did a quick search and couldn't find a threat explicitly devoted to this subject. If such a threat exists, the mods should certainly exercise their power and delete this thread. That being said, here's the subject matter:

Do you prefer manual or automatic batteries and why?

I personally prefer manual batteries. I think that they just provide and produce a lot more vapor than automatics. This may be due to a number of factors, the most obvious I could see would be that it appears that there's a "ramp up" period with the automatic that I own in which you're sacrificing mouth/lung space of plain old air while the battery vaporizes the e-juice. My manual is very get-up-and-go when it comes to producing vapor.

For those who say that it's because of a difference in batteries, they are actually the same model of battery (Firebrand MEGA Millennium Batteries), with one being automatic and the other manual.

Super Member ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Manual. Leaks and flooding are common and can ruin an automatic battery.

Super Member ECF Veteran the wind's Avatar

just on the longevity, manuals are far better. I have not used a auto since the my first month of starting.

Quote Originally Posted by the wind View Post
    just on the longevity, manuals are far better. I have not used a auto since the my first month of starting.
    Same here. I started out with the automatic thinking that having to press a button would be a massive inconvenience (don't ask me how I came to that conclusion. I know it makes no sense). After a day and a half of pretty heavy vaping, the automatic died and I switched to the manual. Now, I do probably 80/20 manual/automatic. The automatic only really comes out when I'm really desperate for a nic hit and the manual is charging. I'd honestly wait the hour or so for the manual to fully charge than willingly use the automatic anymore.

PV Master ECF Veteran

Same here definitely find I have more control with a manual. It seemed like I was having to prime the autos all the time. Once you get used to the manual and it doesn't take long most seem to prefer it.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran StarsAndBars's Avatar

Autos will do one of two things generally.... Make you give up on ecigs, or immediately begin looking for a better device.
    klynnn, riseabovethestorm and DC2 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by klynnn View Post
    It seemed like I was having to prime the autos all the time. Once you get used to the manual and it doesn't take long most seem to prefer it.
    Right? You take a mini-puff to get it started and then take your full hit. I realized that with the manuals, I was going through a lot less liquid since I wasn't having to exhale the priming puff. When you take as many hits as I do in the average day, that's a lot of wasted juice.
    klynnn likes this.

Ursus Praedonum Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Autos seem pretty few and far between once you get past the cigalikes. The only auto I've seen that seems to have been done well or gets any cred is the Vapor Zeus.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran StarsAndBars's Avatar

MadVapes makes an auto box mod I think. I used the manual version of it quite happily for a long time.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I like my autos when I am out in the back yard doing things. I can puff on it and have two hands free.
    JJOOHHNN likes this.