Wanting to upgrade my device

Thread: Wanting to upgrade my device

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Wanting to upgrade my device

So I've been using 808 threaded egos for a while now (smokeless image spinners) and I'm wanting to some what upgrade. I want something of the smaller form factor and I would like to keep something with ego threading. As of now I'm considering going with either the itaste v3 or zmax mini. I know the zmax doesn't have the ego threading. But I would like to get something with variable wattage. Anyone have an advice or other suggestions?

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

The VV3 is a good choice for what you've outlined. 510 and Ego, VV and VW, smallish form factor.

I have one, alongside various other devices, and it's a nice little battery. Works well, handles most anything in the 510/ego threads. Can be used in pass-thru mode. (If you have a large stock of 808 toppers, you can get a 510 to 808 adapter and keep using them.)

Can't think of anything else that's small and VW...

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Asbestos4004's Avatar

I just bought an itaste SVD for my wife while out of town on business. Played around with it in the hotel to test it out. It seems very nice...good size with an 18350. VV/VW and it was about 50 bucks on special at a b&m. Much nicer than the Vamo I started with.

ECF Veteran

Yeah. I'm getting to the end of my 808 supply. I've been using t3 minis, so I can likely just buy some heads that fit the itaste and I'd be good to go.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Topwater Elvis's Avatar

The iTaste VV V3.0 is hard to beat when it comes to small vv/vw devices.
    The only downsides as I see them are battery life and vv/vw adjustment range though both are probably sufficient for most vaper's

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Picked up an SVD a couple weeks ago, and really like it. But I don't think it fits the "smaller form factor" requested, even in 18350 mode. Maybe

And I agree, Topwater, the 800 mAh rating on the VV3 might be an issue, while for me it's a great backup to my SVD when out and about. As an "only" device, each individual needs to decide if it's sufficient capacity. Or get two, since you really do need a backup or more anyway! Get them in different colors, so it's easy to remember which is fully charged.

And as you say, the adjustment range is probably fine for many.

ECF Veteran

I typically put my spinners around 4v, and adjust up slightly as my coils gunk up. I don't vape at very high wattage at all. I would also pick up 2 of them, the spinners I use are 650 mah so I've always got a back up on me. My issue is if I'm going to spend 80 bones of 2 itastes, maybe I should just move up to the zmax mini. I've already got the 18350's.

Mystagogue Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

The Sigelei ZMax mini has eGo threading.

Sigelei Zmax Mini "Body Only"
    ProVarinati Princess ~ Infanta del Phidiae-Reo ~ Baroness Boboni of Sigeleiland
    CASAA Member

ProVari/Rüzgar ~ Reo/RM2 ~ bOd Mecha/KFL+ ~ Gus Kiss Qorax Edition/iTaste VF

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Dac311 View Post
    I typically put my spinners around 4v, and adjust up slightly as my coils gunk up. I don't vape at very high wattage at all. I would also pick up 2 of them, the spinners I use are 650 mah so I've always got a back up on me. My issue is if I'm going to spend 80 bones of 2 itastes, maybe I should just move up to the zmax mini. I've already got the 18350's.
    If you don't mind waiting a few weeks and a white battery, you can get 2 for 50 bones.
    https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/...wattage-800mah
    Just because you are offended doesn't mean you are right.