Anyone else notice the lack of Joyetech products on major websites? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Anyone else notice the lack of Joyetech products on major websites?

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ref Minor View Post
    I think Joye have shot themselves in the foot with their price hike.
    More like a double tap to center mass and then a followup head shot!

I used to be an avid fan... now, not so much...
    Last edited by Iffy; 10-25-2013 at 01:35 AM.
    If I'm awake, I vape!
    No 'bakky' since Apr 14, 2011, after 45 years of 2 PaD <insert Snoopy dance here>

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Is this price increase about to happen or are the prices I've been seeing with the increase?

I know when I started I wanted cheap so I could determine if I was going to stick with it. Joye was too much for that. Once I decided I was going to stick with it I went to Innokin.
    Rocketpunk and Fulgurant like this.
    When I'm watchin' my TV and a man comes on to tell me how white my shirts can be.
    Well he can't be a man 'cause he doesn't vape the same apv's as me.

The Shortest Straw Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I dont know joys prices lately but i do know several people now who bought the kamry twist knockoffs (on FT and others) and they say they work just as well as the real twists, (paint is a little thin though)

Semovar - Provari - Roller - Poldiac - Megatron - Nemesis

Blog Entries

I have never owned a Joytech Twist or a Vision Spinner, but I have held and just generally inspected both in a B & M. The Spinner seemed like the better battery if I were to purchase one.

Innokin seems to be the current leader in e-cig product quality and variety of late, both with battery devices and clearomizers. Kanger a close second with both. I think Joytech's former greedy practices are starting to catch up with them and that they can no longer rely on their pseudo reputation as one of the premier name brands from China. It's a dog eat dog world in China, and I think Joytech has lost their tail. Bad karma has caught up to them.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
    I dont know joys prices lately but i do know several people now who bought the kamry twist knockoffs (on FT and others) and they say they work just as well as the real twists, (paint is a little thin though)
    The first batch of Twist clones at FT weren't as good a Joye ones (but ok for the price), the more recent batches were a higher quality, say 90% of a Joye for 50% of the price.
    Just because you are offended doesn't mean you are right.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Penn View Post
    Is this price increase about to happen or are the prices I've been seeing with the increase?
    It hit the fast moving Chinese sites a month or two back. The smaller US and EU sites and B&Ms may have sold old stock for longer. The ERoll at FT went from 42$ to 71$ overnight, the EVic from $70 to $100.

One Chinese site posted a notice saying they would sell their Joye stock then switch to stocking the Ego clones due to the rise.
    Last edited by Ref Minor; 10-25-2013 at 02:27 AM.
    Just because you are offended doesn't mean you are right.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ref Minor View Post
    I don't think people care about them, people have just shrugged and moved on.
    Actually, they haven't.

Many of us only order Joyetech egos.....and I can attest to the quality of both their batts and even their chargers.

Their battery has some of the best protecton cirucuitry available. You will NOT get that in a clone.

The other thing is that they support their vendor with good warranty........which means the vendor can pass that along to their customers (you).

I have never had a joyetech go belly up yet....18 months on my Joyetech Twists. Still going strong.

See above. And finish on mine are still real nice.

I don't trust the cheap fastech ones...already had one blow up on the charger. I had another "clone" ego that wouldn't shut off....ever. Had to toss it outside, didn't trust ever putting onto the charger again.

Loved the eRoll, too. Smart, classy, fun and so practical for those who love mini cigs.

I think they are very innovative, adn many have copied from them. But the protection circuitry, in their egos....that is patented. Its better than the others, I can attest to that.
    Last edited by Racehorse; 10-25-2013 at 02:38 AM.
    r77r7r likes this.

TC's given: ~9/27/12~ ~ 11/17/2012~~04/01/2013/TC rec'd: 03/09/2013

The Shortest Straw Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

See above. And finish on mine are still real nice
    for a 15 dollar price difference I would hope so. lol not knocking them as it's been about a year since i used an ego battery (25 bucks will get me 4 18650's)
    D. Waterhouse likes this.

Semovar - Provari - Roller - Poldiac - Megatron - Nemesis

And I'm bloody good at it Verified Member
    Supporting Member

for a 15 dollar price difference I would hope so. lol not knocking them as it's been about a year since i used an ego battery (25 bucks will get me 4 18650's)
    I use my Spinners for dripping to test my flavors.

Uma
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I remember being glued to the Janty sub forum and Mik's creative muse. We were all pumped up over that original design, called the eGo. We were ecstatic! Finally, an ecig that would last a nice 6 hours, plus had a 6 month warranty. The first batches even held the logo. The price was scary high for the kit, 60 bucks plus some for extra genuine Joye 510 attys and Janty's awesome RY4 juice, but we splurged and never regretted it. Soon the Riva clones came ou at half the price and Janty began losing heart and fell behind. But they still have their online stores with some nice things, like that special refill thingamajig. This thread really brought back memories. The Janty eGo was my first kit and Janty was my first love. Those were the good old days. I wish the ones I'm google-eyed over today were only $60 bucks! So does my poor sometimes patient hubby lol.
    grandmato5, TUC and Fulgurant like this.
    UNITED WE STAND... divided we fall.
    Join http://casaa.org & protect your right to vape

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast