have you tasted a smoke since you quit? - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree199Likes

Thread: have you tasted a smoke since you quit?

Ultra Member Verified Member DanG's Avatar

I never thought I would quit, 3 packs a day... nope I tried everything to quit why would this be different. I actually got my first mod because I didn't want to smoke out hunting. I bought it and used it for a couple hours. I went to go have a smoke and thought I was broken. I threw it down after two drags. I told myself I guess I'm a vaper now. I switched my wife over, same reaction. I was actually behind my dad when he went out to smoke, I will admit I was a bit sick to my stomach. Next time I go to the vape shop it is going to be clearos for everybody.

Super Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by EvilZoe View Post
    That's almost exactly like it was for me! The only difference was I just decided to try a morning without the first cigarette and it stuck. I never vowed to not have another....it's always been an option and I even keep a cigarette around just in case...lol

I put the cigarette in a box of my gear a few days ago because it was taking up space and never thought about it.
    Heehee.

The first week I quit, I had THREE half empty open packs in my car. I left them sitting on the front seat.

I was actually recently unpacking a bag from a trip I went on the last week I was a smoker(yes, I am lazy with unpacking...lol).

Well, guess what I found in the bag. An unopened pack of smokes. I did not throw them out, as I am thinking about framing them as they are the last pack of smokes I bought. Haha.

I figure, I can't hide from smoking or smokers or even cigarettes. That was also always my downfall when I tried toquit previously as I would try to change my lifestyle to avoid being around smokers or cigarettes.

Vaping though, really got that 20+ year monkey off my back as I have something I like More than smoking. I actually feel like I could be a part time smoker like those I envied before when I was a smoker. But the funny thing is, I have no desire to be a smoker, whether part time or anything anymore.

Cigs are just...nasties now.

I have absolutely no desire to smoke an analog ever again and I'm not even tempted around those that still smoke. That's the magic of the VP to me.

And I don't want to look at my signature banner and think to myself, "except the one I smoked just the other day."

Over Fifteen Thousand cigarettes NOT smoked in just 11 months. Now, that's a milestone!

And I'm bloody good at it Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Recycled Roadkill View Post
    I have absolutely no desire to smoke an analog ever again and I'm not even tempted around those that still smoke. That's the magic of the VP to me.

And I don't want to look at my signature banner and think to myself, "except the one I smoked just the other day."
    I figure if you don't have a whole one it can't count on your meter....lol It doesn't show HALF cigarettes nor does it measure in hits.

That said, I didn't feel I could put a banner in my sig until I'd gone a full day without a cigarette.

Vaper Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stillnotsmoking View Post
    I'm over a year CIG free. My dog died unexpectedly last week on the way to emergency vet (diabetes complication) just before I had to work. In the madness I left all my gear at home, I bummed a smoke at work. I not only regretted it, but did not enjoy it in the slightest...tastes horrid. I was never happier to see my ecig once I got home.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
    I'm sorry about your friend SNS.

I've just given my little dog a tummy-rub and had a big old vape in both your and your pets honor.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Some real neat stories here, but I'll tell ya what I noticed in the last couple days...By the way, my names Joe, I've been off almost 5 months. Smoked 38 years never missing a full day that I remember Anyway, havn't had a smoke since June 4th, the day I started vaping. No desire for a smoke the whole time. Almost...too easy I should say. Had a double hernia repaired last week, so I've been vaping my head off. You know, you've seen it, take my sister inlaw who is bypolar. Every now and then, she thinks, I don't need this stuff, I feeeel great! Then don't be followin her to close on the highway - ROAD RAGE.
    Back to me feeling pretty good. Remember, 5 months and not even an inckling desire to lite up. So, I say's to myself, don't vape this morning, wait a while. tic, tock, tic, tock...4 hours later, hear it comes, no vape for just FOUR STINKIN HOURS, big deal right. I've got 24mg juice I've been breathing in. I smoked 1.5 pad a day. I'm thinkin a smoke would be real nice right now, first time in months.

I grabbed my 650 mah, Iclear 16 and everything lined up again. that was yesterday, so I though, come on, try it again. So I did the same today, only went 3 1/4 hrs before caving.

The moral of this story - That smoke thing is hangin around very, very close to us. Still kind of a helpless feeling. I'll tapper down my nic intake before flying solo again
    freeatlast! likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Thank you He was a good one. Ive got 5 others, all his offspring (call me crazy) so he still lives on

His youngest son..wish I had a picture of the OG on my phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
    Last edited by stillnotsmoking; 10-25-2013 at 04:59 AM.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Oh yah, I still have the same 3 1/2 packs of cigs I quit with. Because of those stinkin politicians and such, I hate to let em go just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Recycled Roadkill View Post
    That's where I am now. I'm still smoking a few analogs a day which is an improvement over the pack and a half I was smoking. I just started vaping a few weeks ago, and only got a kit that works consistently this week. I'm not 100% about my flavors yet. I need more variety, because I keep getting bored with what I have.

Still, when it's great it's great. I know I'll get it working right. When I do, I'll get my banner. I have 9 packs left to sort it out, and at the reduced rate they should last as long as I need them to, or longer.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

yup...it's the darnedest (spelling, tho spell check seems ok with it) thing, I actually had to brush teeth to get taste out of my mouth, and I don't seem to recall it tasting that bad when I first started smoking!!!
    Which admittedly was at a very young age and that age you haven't developed a taste for the finer things anyway .... like I used to always drink freeze-dried coffee, that you just throw in some hot water and what not, now I don't even want to touch that stuff anymore (it does work in a pinch, but rather not).
    However, I still do like the very first drag of a freshly lit cigarette and the smell of that too (but I still have to mouthwash right after) ....what's up with that?
    Ramjet likes this.

Keep up the good vape!
    since 6/26/2013

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast