have you tasted a smoke since you quit?
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree199Likes

Thread: have you tasted a smoke since you quit?

Super Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Default have you tasted a smoke since you quit?

So, I have been off the stinkies for a little over 5 weeks now.

Tonight I was out at a bar hanging with some friends. 1 who is a smoker and another who I mostly converted.

My 1 buddy was smoking and my other buddy who had not had a smoke in 2 weeks asked to bum one as he wanted to see what it was like again. he had a few drags and was like "I think that is enough for me".

So...me, watching this was like, "what the hell, let me try." Now, I kinda knew what to expect, as when I was weening myself off smokes, they started to taste nasty, but one thing that I like about e-cigs is I have no fear of cigarettes anymore. I know I have something in vaping that I like.

1st drag in 5 weeks. OH MY GOD!!! How did I smoke for 22 years?? like half a drag, and I was gagging. Disgusting. I had to order a vodka-cran and basically gargle with it to get the taste out of my mouth. That 1/2 a drag was more than I wanted.

It actually made me feel ill.

Needless to say, the rest of the night tonight, I was vaping, even while there were smokers all around me(there are still smoking bars in Florida, and we were at one). The smell doesnt bother me at all, but oh my, the taste of an actual cigarette is disgusting. So have you tried one lately? Was it the same for you?

Most importantly, the having no fear of cigarettes or of falling back into them anymore is really really nice. The first time I have quit smoking that I dont want nor fear becoming a smoker again.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Yup. It's like all the "fun" you had when you first started smoking happens all over again. Give it a little more time even and see how you perceive things. I can't stand the smell of smoke - even walking behind a smoker outdoors - it makes me nauseous. After smoking for 30 years never saw that coming.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran danca90's Avatar

Yep. It didn't taste like blueberries at all. Gross.

Yay you! I did the same thing, took a drag just for sh#ts and grins. I thought I was going to turn green and immediately wished I had my toothbrush.

Congratulations on your 5+ weeks.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Umm hummm. Same here! Disgusting!!! All I could think was, 'I did this for 15 years & enjoyed it...really!'
    Like someone else said, at first the smell didn't bother me but now it's just plain horrible!!
    I still have friends that smoke so I deal with the smell because I don't want to be a hypocrite & tell people not to smoke around me when I smoked with them for many years. It also serves as a reminder to never smoke again!! Ever!!

Finally saving...but not nearly what it says above. Oh well, still beats smoking any day!

I actually picked up smoking after I had been exclusively vaping for several months. Back then the smell was delicious to me, and eventually I just started again. Now I am at a point where the smell is repulsive, which I am grateful for.
    Just Me, FlamingoTutu and Jayvaps like this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Yep, tried it and it was horrible.

Super Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by danca90 View Post
    Yep. It didn't taste like blueberries at all. Gross.
    Lol, definitely not like blueberries. Although I don't vape fruity vapes yet.

I still am mostly on tobacco or coffee vapes, occasionally a bakery vape.

But man, that 1/2 a drag was just disgusting. And I was a 2pad smoker for over 20 years.

Every other time I quit before, I always wanted a cigarette the whole time I was not smoking and avoided being around smokers or smoking because I knew I would break. Now? With vaping? I know I don't want to smoke anymore, and that drag told me that I am no longer a smoker nor ever will be again.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran danca90's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvaps View Post
    Lol, definitely not like blueberries. Although I don't vape fruity vapes yet.

I still am mostly on tobacco or coffee vapes, occasionally a bakery vape.

But man, that 1/2 a drag was just disgusting. And I was a 2pad smoker for over 20 years.

Every other time I quit before, I always wanted a cigarette the whole time I was not smoking and avoided being around smokers or smoking because I knew I would break. Now? With vaping? I know I don't want to smoke anymore, and that drag told me that I am no longer a smoker nor ever will be again.
    I haven't found a coffee vape I like. Any recommendations?

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I haven't even thought about trying a cigarette.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast