A funny thing happened in the smoker's area today - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: A funny thing happened in the smoker's area today

Hahaha. I laughed out loud at this because as an ex-smoker and new vaper who works on 42nd st in Manhattan NYC - it sure is NICE not to get hounded hourly by the homeless dudes for a smoke. They know ALL the smokers. And I'm just like...sorry bro, I quit, keep shuffling past the smokers dock now.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I started with the V2 cigalike and no one really noticed. When I started using EGOs I got a few stares. At first I tried to keep it descreet and just used plain cartos but I really missed my carto tanks and finally decided to heck with it and started using my tanks and my pretty drip tips!

Every time I'm with smoking friends they always pelt me with the same questions. Does it work? How much does it cost? I've heard they can explode...?
    I give them all the answers and push them to get an eGo and Clearo at the local tobacco shop and I'd hook them up with juices. They never do, instead just ask the same questions I don't necessarily hang out with the brightest bunch though.
    Although....my smoker coworkers are the same way now that I think about it...

PV Master Verified Member Mark Anthony's Avatar

LOL.... People bumming a few drops.... liquid gold we have here.
    WarHawk-AVG and Khala like this.

Full Member Verified Member Joe13's Avatar

Two of my co-workers saw me vaping outside in the smoking area, so I gave them my spiel - "It's not smoke, it's vapor, and the crumby disposables available everywhere just ain't powerful enough."

Both wanted to quit (duh!!!), and both went back to their cubes and ordered starter kits.

One quit completely, and the other is down to 5 analogs per day.

Next project is my brother, followed by (or in tandem with) my sister-in-law. I doubt I'll run out of smokers any time soon.

Insane Halon ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by CJLaity View Post
    When the homeless person on the street asks "Hey buddy do you have a few drops for my Evod" then we will know the revolution has commenced.

aww man, now i'm gunna hafto awkwardly avoid eye contact with them too?
    Moral victories don't count...

Senior Member Verified Member JayEatsAirplane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danca90 View Post
    I had a guy ask for one, when I said "Sorry man, don't have one" and started vapping, he looked at me like I was a lier.
    Had this happen the other day. Got off the train and started vaping. Women behind me comes running up asking for a cigarette. Told her I didn't have any, this was electronic and she gave me a weird look and then assumed I was smoking an illegal substance. Tried to correct her, but she still didn't understand the concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Recycled Roadkill View Post
    I'm so happy that I won't HAVE to go outside and freeze my tail off to get nicotine anymore. I'll visit with smoking friends outside but I won't HAVE to if I don't want to.
    Hear, hear. It's starting to get cold here in New York and I love that I don't have to go outside to get my nic fix. And if I do happen to be outside, I can vape without removing my gloves. Take it from me, that doesn't work too well with a cigarette!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12