Significant others that still smoke
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Significant others that still smoke

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Significant others that still smoke

Anyone else here have a SO that still smokes despite your vaping? Mine "tried" to make the switch but refused anything not a cig-alike. Needless to say as a PAD+ smoker it didn't cut bit for her. Granted this was before some of the newer gear (eroll, etc). She refuses to give it another go despite everything I've accomplished.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
    meanckz and WarHawk-AVG like this.

My wife still smokes analogs but she's cut down quite a bit. Our evod sets were bought at the same time. Odd thing to me is that she only smoked a pack a day before the evods. I was at about 2 1/4 packs a day. I quit, she didn't.

I really don't get it but she's a free spirit and can do what she wants. I've been out of control with my analogs for years and I don't see any point in ragging on her. And, come to think of it, I KNOW better.
    meanckz, mattiem and MissKitty47 like this.

Over Fifteen Thousand cigarettes NOT smoked in just 11 months. Now, that's a milestone!

Ultra Member ECF Veteran StarsAndBars's Avatar

You have to pressure her (kidding kidding). My wife started vaping about a month before me. I remember thinking "that just doesn't seem like my thing." I tried a cig-a-like, and it only reinforced what I already thought. Then my wife got a mod, and I asked to try it. That day, I ordered a mod and the rest is history as they say. Keep at it man, she'll come around.

Do you guys smoke in the house? If not just wait, one night you'll both be relaxing on the couch, and she'll see you vaping away, and ask to try it instead of going outside. Winter is on its way.

Nice wrap by the way. Is it a J-Wrap? I just ordered one of their wood grains and hope it looks like that. I have to wait a month to get back home and get it, which is driving me nuts.
    Last edited by StarsAndBars; 10-25-2013 at 05:08 AM.
    meanckz and MissKitty47 like this.

PV Master ECF Veteran alisa1970's Avatar

Yep, mine has taken drags off of various juices from both my eroll and my spinner and has absolutely no interest in taking up vaping. Doesn't like the taste usually, and hates the way the vapor feels. Every once in a while he asks if I'm concerned about what's "in the juice", or makes comments (good and bad) about the smell of my vapes. He keeps claiming he's going to quit but when it gets down to crunch time he restocks.

I'm not bothered by his smoking (we never smoked in the house so no stinky clothes/furniture), and he's not bothered by my vaping. I figure if he ever gets interested enough to do it, he'll just pick it up one day. Till then, it's status quo around here.
    meanckz likes this.

Super Member ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

My wife still smokes. I ordered a twist and iclear 16 for her and hopefully the warmer stronger hit will help. I diy my liquids and told her that I will tweak them to whatever she wants. Unfortunately, I don't think she really has any desire to quit.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Yeah, I think my wife still enjoys smoking. She doesn't want to quit so I wont force her. Shes ready when she's ready. Everyones experience here mirrors ours. Glad to see I'm not the only one though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
    WarHawk-AVG likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

mine wasnt ready, but luckily she was diagnosed with pregnancy 9 months ago. she decided to not vape either though and doesnt plan on picking it up again once my son pops out.
    MissKitty47 likes this.
    ѴιςғĿδ

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DKP# View Post
    Unfortunately, I don't think she really has any desire to quit.
    I only brought up the subject of vaping with THREE friends who are smokers.

I was dumbfounded by the amount of "kickback" I received in terms of sheer refusal to even try vaping.

What I learned from this is that people have to come to this in their own time, and within their own selves.

Thankfully, I have converted about 10 people........all were people who asked ME, mostly strangers or somebody who waited on me in a store or saw me at a community event .....THEY approached ME.

So that is how I let it lay now. I do not proseletize.

TC's given: ~9/27/12~ ~ 11/17/2012~~04/01/2013/TC rec'd: 03/09/2013

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Hubby and I decided to start ecigs together... I quit and he didnt... He decided to try again about 6 months ago... still didnt work... then one night money got really tight and couldnt buy his smokes (2 days before payday) and I set him up with a setup with my LR cartos in a tank and from the first puff he loved it (other 2 time he was on a SR carto or a clearo on kgo)... hes deciding that he doesnt want to depend on nic anymore so hes gonna use the lozenges to fully quit (they do actually help him a lot)... he will be out of juice this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by vicflo View Post
    mine wasnt ready, but luckily she was diagnosed with pregnancy 9 months ago. she decided to not vape either though and doesnt plan on picking it up again once my son pops out.
    LOL. Congrats on the new little one!

I'm in the same boat. Hubby loves to smoke. He's one of the few people I have met that loves to smoke even more than I did. He has shown no interest in vaping at all. He doesn't seem to be bothered by my vaping, but I can't even get him to try a single vape.

I would really like him to quit though. I know if I harass him about it, it will upset him and accomplish nothing. Every one I'm sure has had a sanctimonious ex-smoker in their lives - the person who quits and starts lecturing you about smoking 30 days later is typically insufferable. I don't want to be that person.
    vicflo likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast