Switching nic levels. How often do you do it and is it a good idea? - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 62
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Switching nic levels. How often do you do it and is it a good idea?

  1. #11
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Aylesbury
    Posts
    524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anjaffm View Post
    @Silent Scream:
    that sounds good!
    And you are absolutely correct!

    And there is no need to worry about the nicotine that you vape.
    As we all "preach" in the German vapers forum "Nicotine is the least harmful substance in cigarette smoke"



    source - with a few good links

    Once you start reading this stuff, you will be amazed at what .. untruths... people are told in the media. Also about the "evil nicotine". Trust me
    I am one of those people who has friends that believed nothing in the world could stop me from smoking. They are all amazed I have stopped. I don't know how to explain to them how easy it was with vaping. There is NO WAY in the world I would have stopped smoking if vaping didn't exist. I feel I've been handed a lifeline out of nowhere.
    Katdarling, Anjaffm and EvilZoe like this.

  2. #12
    Senior Member Verified Member Ben B Brown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland, United States
    Posts
    257

    Default

    when I started Vaping I was using 36 mg nicotine every month I have reduced my nic level, this week I started using 4 mg nic will stay there for now. I most likely will not give up Vaping as I enjoy the flavors and the hand to mouth is a hard habit to break for me, I do have a few bottles of higher nic around if I need them
    Anjaffm and Silent Scream like this.

  3. #13
    Karto Tank Kween Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Katdarling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Kali-Kat
    Posts
    10,575
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Scream View Post
    I've been vaping 24mg Caramel Blend (a very nice tobacco type thing) and my battery ran out. So it's charging now and I'm back to EVOD numero uno which has USA Mix at 18mg which I am puffing away on and having to take extra big draws to feel I'm getting a good vape.

    I don't know where I'm going with this. I'm sort of thinking aloud, just spilling the contents of my brain into a great big white box which, when I press 'submit new thread' will be open to scrutiny by one and all.

    Comment if you like. I would if I was you.
    Hi Silent,

    Finding one's comfort zone in milligram vliquid strength is not too too difficult. Your body will actually tell you what feels right. In your case, I would also suggest you mix some of your 24mg and your 18mg to give you a lovely 21mg strength. That might be your ideal, for at least parts of the day, if not for all the time.

    Changing nic strengths is not the objective for everyone. I know for me, I started at 18mg (going on 3 years ago) and today I vape.... 18mg!

    I know vapers of over 4 years into it who are at 24mg and quite happy with it.

    Can you describe more of what you mean about "to feel I'm getting a good vape"? There are many factors besides the nic mg. strength. The vliquid delivery system (atomizer, tank, coil, clearo, carto, etc...or as I termed them, "toppers") can also play a part, as can the battery, and even down to the drip tip!
    Anjaffm and Silent Scream like this.

    Go for the Gold...

    I came for the vape. I stayed for the giggles.

    Our vape is at stake. PLEASE JOIN CASAA? www.casaa.org


  4. #14
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Aylesbury
    Posts
    524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katdarling View Post
    Hi Silent,

    Finding one's comfort zone in milligram vliquid strength is not too too difficult. Your body will actually tell you what feels right. In your case, I would also suggest you mix some of your 24mg and your 18mg to give you a lovely 21mg strength. That might be your ideal, for at least parts of the day, if not for all the time.

    Changing nic strengths is not the objective for everyone. I know for me, I started at 18mg (going on 3 years ago) and today I vape.... 18mg!

    I know vapers of over 4 years into it who are at 24mg and quite happy with it.

    Can you describe more of what you mean about "to feel I'm getting a good vape"? There are many factors besides the nic mg. strength. The vliquid delivery system (atomizer, tank, coil, clearo, carto, etc...or as I termed them, "toppers") can also play a part, as can the battery, and even down to the drip tip!
    Well I'm going to have to be honest, I'm so new to all this I didn't really think about nic levels. I have an EVOD starter kit which I love and various juices and I started on 24mg on the advice of people on forums who said if you're just quitting you need high nicotine.

    I think because I got used to the 24 the 18 doesn't feel quite right though I am kind of forcing myself to use 18 through the day right from the start. I have ordered more 18's to come tomorrow or Monday too. The 24 gets me kind of high which is nice but a bit worrying lol.

    I'm using a clearomiser it has a single coil I think the battery is just an EVOD which I think is a standard ego I don't really know.

    I'm having no issues even the amount of nic is no big deal I have not wanted a cig at all since I started vaping I just got paranoid I was vaping such high nic and then got used to it, almost swapping one addiction for another albeit a less harmful one.

  5. #15
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    3,807

    Default

    I do the same as Poppi..use higher nic early in the day and lower nic in the evenings...works well for me. I am also slowley lowering the highest nic...started at 38MG now highest is 24MG and hope to get it to 18MG within the next month
    Wow1420 and Anjaffm like this.

  6. #16
    Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Spiralnebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Herne @ Germany
    Posts
    88

    Default

    I am vaping for nearly two years now, started with 16mg nic
    and vaping now just 3-6mg. What i can tell you is that in my mind
    you just need to hear on your body. If you start coughing with
    your regular nic level go 2-3mg down. At the first days you may
    will vape more but if you like to reduce your nic level this seems
    to be the best way in my mind. Also try various atomizers. The
    lowest nic level you will enjoy with dripping atomizers like the
    omega cause the clouds are much bigger. Another method you
    can try is to put the coil more far away from the air channel cause
    this will increase the throat hit. Also play around with different
    types of wick and wire and try dual coil setups. Adding menthol
    to your liquids is also a well used method Good luck
    Ryedan, KjAthena and Anjaffm like this.
    GGTS with Zorbas v2, ProVari v2, GLV-XL Mini,2x Nemesis, Sentinel v3, Congestus v2, Pisces-T v2, Lernaia Hydra, Stingray R.C. Ltd. - Ithaka/Upgrade, Enigma,Helios, Zentih/2, Origen v2, Kruser Monster,Kayfun Inside Nautilus, Quasar, Viggo RDA, Vapor Giant Atty - Drip Shields, VapeMate

  7. #17
    Full Member VanessaHuxtable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    36

    Default

    My story:

    Started at 24mg and now I'm at 12mg. I only started vaping under 4 months ago and the way I have done it is to only order a little bit of the lower nic juice at a time. So if I am rotating 5 flavors... 1 or 2 will be lower nic. This has helped me gradually lower my nic and I only try to do it with new flavors so my expectations of flavor and throat hit aren't made up yet.

    I ordered two new Mt Baker Flavors at 6mg the other day... I'm going to try those for a little bit as night time vapes.

    The reason I have lowered my nic is because I vape way too much lol. Every ten minutes I'm looking for my pv. So I figured I should lower my nic level at least to justify my vaping habit. I know I must consume more nicotine now vaping than before as a cigarette smoker (one ciggy every 2-3 hours vs a few toots every 5 minutes).

  8. #18
    ECF Moderator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Caridwen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    7,815

    Default

    I'm the opposite. I don't want to lower too much because I don't want to vape constantly. Not that there is anything wrong with that!

    People that have lowered nicotine, are you going through more e-liquid?

    If you're not intentionally trying to lower nic levels, just listen to your body. When it feels like too much, lower it a bit.

  9. #19
    PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Ryedan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Brampton, Canada
    Posts
    7,212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Scream View Post
    I think because I got used to the 24 the 18 doesn't feel quite right though I am kind of forcing myself to use 18 through the day right from the start. I have ordered more 18's to come tomorrow or Monday too. The 24 gets me kind of high which is nice but a bit worrying lol.
    I started vaping 18 months ago at 18 mg and slowly reduced my nic level to zero over about 8 months. What bothered me the most through that was the reduction of throat hit with lower nic juice. I loved TH! It's possible you are experiencing the same thing changing from 24 to 18.

    It was very easy for me to get used to lower nic juice because I changed it so slowly. I also did not start for a few months, so I had cigarettes well out of my system. During that time I didn't care about nic level or the amount I vaped, just focused on not smoking. If I had needed 36 mg juice I would have used it. But I used to get a little nic high too when chain vaping 18 so I never tried more and it worked out fine for me.

    Best of luck with it!
    Anjaffm likes this.


  10. #20
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Aylesbury
    Posts
    524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VanessaHuxtable View Post
    My story:

    Started at 24mg and now I'm at 12mg. I only started vaping under 4 months ago and the way I have done it is to only order a little bit of the lower nic juice at a time. So if I am rotating 5 flavors... 1 or 2 will be lower nic. This has helped me gradually lower my nic and I only try to do it with new flavors so my expectations of flavor and throat hit aren't made up yet.

    I ordered two new Mt Baker Flavors at 6mg the other day... I'm going to try those for a little bit as night time vapes.

    The reason I have lowered my nic is because I vape way too much lol. Every ten minutes I'm looking for my pv. So I figured I should lower my nic level at least to justify my vaping habit. I know I must consume more nicotine now vaping than before as a cigarette smoker (one ciggy every 2-3 hours vs a few toots every 5 minutes).
    That's the great thing about vaping. YOU decide what's right and wrong. With cigs you just keep doing it because well... what else is there to do? Though I have to say lowering your nic level because you vape too much sounds weird. Maybe if you raised your nic level you wouldn't vape so much? It's a learning experience for us all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Caridwen View Post
    I'm the opposite. I don't want to lower too much because I don't want to vape constantly. Not that there is anything wrong with that!

    People that have lowered nicotine, are you going through more e-liquid?

    If you're not intentionally trying to lower nic levels, just listen to your body. When it feels like too much, lower it a bit.
    It seems lowering nic levels is the new 'let's give up' for vapers. I'm not knocking it, I've been whining about 24mg being too high for me but I absolutely agree, do what feels right till it starts to feel wrong. I don't feel so bad about high nic vaping anymore. I'll get lower eventually or I won't. Anything that keeps me off cigs works for me.
    Anjaffm likes this.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks