Switching nic levels. How often do you do it and is it a good idea?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 62
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: Switching nic levels. How often do you do it and is it a good idea?

  1. #1
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Aylesbury
    Posts
    524

    Default Switching nic levels. How often do you do it and is it a good idea?

    I've been vaping 24mg Caramel Blend (a very nice tobacco type thing) and my battery ran out. So it's charging now and I'm back to EVOD numero uno which has USA Mix at 18mg which I am puffing away on and having to take extra big draws to feel I'm getting a good vape.

    I don't know where I'm going with this. I'm sort of thinking aloud, just spilling the contents of my brain into a great big white box which, when I press 'submit new thread' will be open to scrutiny by one and all.

    Comment if you like. I would if I was you.
    pufZeppelin and meanckz like this.

  2. #2
    Super Member ECF Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Bonney Lake Wa, US of A
    Posts
    477

    Default

    Every day,

    24, when I get up for the first hour or so.

    18, the majority of the day.

    6, after 9 pm till lights out.

  3. #3
    Dragon Lady ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Anjaffm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,367

    Default

    Well, to my mind, there is no reason at all to hurry and reduce the nicotine.
    The nicotine is the least harmful substance in tobacco smoke. You smoke for the nicotine, but you die from the smoke.

    A lot of new vapers make the mistake of reducing the nicotine too quickly - and many of them end up smoking tobacco cigarettes again. Because they are missing something. Something that they can find - in tobacco cigarettes.

    I would recommend using the nicotine level that you are comfortable with and that satisfies you. It is important to feel comfortable with vaping, to enjoy the experience and to get precisely what you want - the flavor, the nicotine, the act of inhaling and having something in your hand - - all that, only minus the harmful smoke as such.

    Take your time, please.

    I started out with 18 mg nic and I am still at 18 mg nic almost 2 years later. I just consume less liquid now.

    Your body will tell you when you have had enough nic for the moment. And then you will put the PV aside automatically, for a while

    Enjoy, vape what you like. The nicotine is not the enemy
    Last edited by Anjaffm; 10-25-2013 at 11:18 PM. Reason: grammar
    European Vapers: We need you! Please sign the European Free Vaping Initiative - for all of us!


  4. #4
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Aylesbury
    Posts
    524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peppie View Post
    Every day,

    24, when I get up for the first hour or so.

    18, the majority of the day.

    6, after 9 pm till lights out.
    That's interesting. I start with 18 with a cup of coffee and I'm fine with that most of the day. Evening I switch to 24 I'm trying to stop that though. In fact I'm trying to just stick to 18's just ordered lots of new liquids all 18's.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anjaffm View Post
    Well, to my mind, there is no reason at all to hurry and reduce the nicotine.
    The nicotine is the least harmful substance in tobacco smoke. You smoke for the nicotine, but you die from the smoke.

    A lot of new vapers make the mistake of reducing the nicotine too quickly - and many of them end up smoking tobacco cigarettes again. Because they are missing something. Something that they can find - in tobacco cigarettes.

    I would recommend using the nicotine level that you are comfortable with and that satisfies you. It is important to feel comfortable with vaping, to enjoy the experience and to get precisely what you want - the flavor, the nicotine, the act of inhaling and having something in your hand - - all that, only minus the harmful smoke as such.

    Take your time, please.

    I started out with 18 mg nic and I am still at 18 mg nic almost 2 years later. I just consume less liquid now.

    Your body will tell you when you have had enough nic for the moment. And then you will put the PV aside automatically, for a while

    Enjoy, vape what you like. The nicotine is not the enemy
    Thanks Anja I completely agree with this. I've only stopped cigs 10 days so far and haven't had any desire for a cig at all but I'm wary of lowering nic levels too soon though the 24 hits the spot a bit too much at the moment but no way I will be in any rush to drastically reduce nic levels any time soon. I'm not 'safe' yet
    Ryedan and Anjaffm like this.

  5. #5
    PV Master ECF Veteran DetraMental's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    3,287
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default

    I switch between 16-18mg depending on what I need. I'm in no hurry to drop my nicotine at this time. I will if my health becomes jeapordised but not until then

    Have a sense of humor, keep a sense of humor, don't lose your sense of humor....

  6. #6
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Aylesbury
    Posts
    524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DetraMental View Post
    I switch between 16-18mg depending on what I need. I'm in no hurry to drop my nicotine at this time. I will if my health becomes jeapordised but not until then
    Is the nicotine really that damaging? I suppose that's the only question left for us vapers...
    meanckz likes this.

  7. #7
    Dragon Lady ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Anjaffm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Scream View Post
    Thanks Anja I completely agree with this. I've only stopped cigs 10 days so far and haven't had any desire for a cig at all but I'm wary of lowering nic levels too soon though the 24 hits the spot a bit too much at the moment but no way I will be in any rush to drastically reduce nic levels any time soon. I'm not 'safe' yet
    Well, if the 24 is too strong at times, then I think you are completely right going to 18
    However, it may be a good idea to keep that opened bottle of 24 - just in case. Many vapers in the German forum have done that. Vape your usual liquid - but when, for whatever reason, that does not satisfy you, then puff away at the stronger liquid until you are satisfied

    And nicotine, by itself, without the many harmful substances in the smoke, is about as "dangerous" as caffeine.
    The diseases such as cancer, COPD, restricted blood flow to the legs, etc etc, are all caused by the smoke itself. Not by the nicotine.

    edit:
    (one link)

    The paper suggested that even those undesirable contaminants found in e-cigarette vapour were of no health concern as they were found at levels CASAA described as ‘trivial’. Even Nicotine itself has been compared to caffeine in terms of the relatively low risk of ill effects on the body. In short you stand the same low risk of heart problems or strokes as drinking a nice cup of coffee. - See more at: http://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/as....SDdUtx0g.dpuf
    Last edited by Anjaffm; 10-25-2013 at 11:47 PM.
    Wow1420 likes this.
    European Vapers: We need you! Please sign the European Free Vaping Initiative - for all of us!


  8. #8
    Administrator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    retired1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    21,904
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    I started vaping to quit smoking, but to not get rid of nicotine entirely. I enjoyed smoking, but just didn't like what it was doing to me. (Coughing up a lung in the middle of the night, wheezing, etc.)

    I started off at 24mg and have cut it down to 4-6mg. And I'm perfectly happy there. No need to switch up strengths during the day, and I'm much happier and sleeping much better at night.

  9. #9
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Aylesbury
    Posts
    524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anjaffm View Post
    Well, if the 24 is too strong at times, then I think you are completely right going to 18
    However, it may be a good idea to keep that opened bottle of 24 - just in case. Many vapers in the German forum have done that. Vape your usual liquid - but when, for whatever reason, that does not satisfy you, then puff away at the stronger liquid until you are satisfied

    And nicotine, by itself, without the many harmful substances in the smoke, is about as "dangerous" as caffeine.
    The diseases such as cancer, COPD, restricted blood flow to the legs, etc etc, are all caused by the smoke itself. Not by the nicotine.

    edit:
    (one link)
    I actually ordered most of my initial liquids in 24mg and will definitely keep some of them for when I need that extra hit. Times of stress, maybe when I'm out drinking with friends and we all get carried away and I get the urge for a cig a 24mg will zap it. It's too much a lot of the time though and I'm working on it. Thanks for that link I was worried I was going a bit nicotine crazy


    Quote Originally Posted by retired1 View Post
    I started vaping to quit smoking, but to not get rid of nicotine entirely. I enjoyed smoking, but just didn't like what it was doing to me. (Coughing up a lung in the middle of the night, wheezing, etc.)

    I started off at 24mg and have cut it down to 4-6mg. And I'm perfectly happy there. No need to switch up strengths during the day, and I'm much happier and sleeping much better at night.
    You know, I started on e cigs thinking this will work for me I can quit smoking with this. I never really thought about nicotine at all. It's only after I quit I started to analyse it. I suppose we all look back on what a stupid idea it all was once we are on safe ground having moved on. That's fantastic you moved on to low nic levels eventually. Maybe we'll all get there, but if some of us don't, it will never be as bad as smoking cigs, not even close
    Anjaffm likes this.

  10. #10
    Dragon Lady ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Anjaffm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,367

    Default

    @Silent Scream:
    that sounds good!
    And you are absolutely correct!

    And there is no need to worry about the nicotine that you vape.
    As we all "preach" in the German vapers forum "Nicotine is the least harmful substance in cigarette smoke"

    Cigarettes kill, but it's not the nicotine or the tobacco. It's the smoke!

    Nearly everyone knows that smoking is unhealthy, but a lot of people continue to smoke to get nicotine from tobacco. Few people realize that it is the smoke, not the nicotine or the tobacco that is actually unhealthy.
    source - with a few good links

    Once you start reading this stuff, you will be amazed at what .. untruths... people are told in the media. Also about the "evil nicotine". Trust me
    Last edited by Anjaffm; 10-26-2013 at 12:10 AM.
    Ryedan and Wow1420 like this.
    European Vapers: We need you! Please sign the European Free Vaping Initiative - for all of us!


Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks