A brand new problem...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: A brand new problem...

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Asbestos4004's Avatar

Default A brand new problem...

Uh oh...I've really gone and done it this time. Slowly...ever so slowly I've been trying to get my lovely and talented wife to follow suit and drop the cigs. She has been onboard with vaping but not over the top , like me. A while back, I got her an EGO kit and a few juices she'd like. She picked it up from time to time but never quit smoking. Whats good is she enjoys vaping. So I gave her an old Vamo with an old Protank. She liked it better...but still...on the fence. Recently I was out of town and stopped in a B&M just to snoop around a bit. They were running a special on the SVD...I've heard good things and the price was right, so I got her one and some PINK Protank 2's for her. I emphasize PINK so she wouldn't think I was actually buying them for me. She really liked it and showed much more enthusiasm towards vaping as a means of enjoyment and a replacement for tobacco cigarettes. She wanted to try a bunch of my different flavors, so I set up an IGO and we did some dripping together. It was so nice to see her so enthusiastic about vaping and really nice to be able to spend time together in the Vape Lounge...(my office)

Yesterday, I filled a Boge LR with her favorite juice...slapped it in an IBTanked and set up my ProVari Mini in 18350 mode. If you've never seen it, a ProVari Mini in Mini mode with an IBTanked on top is not only small...it's beautiful. Especially with the ProVari beauty ring installed. I walked into the living room and said "hey honey, why don't you try this for the day...I think you'll like it!"

What the hell was I thinking???

Long story longer, I no longer own a ProVari Mini and I'm out at least 1 IBTanked. Here's the really important part...she hasn't smoked since. That's awesome and cool and all that...but I'm still out my Mini! Hahahaha! I love it when a plan comes together! Thank you ProVape!
    ProVari, VaporShark RDNA, Sigelei 100w, HexOhm V2, Reo Grand, Hana DNA 30, 4Nine, Paragon, Penny, King, Nemesis, Overdose, Stingray, Doomsday, SquapeR, Orchid, Kayfun, Taifun, Tugboat, Vulcan, PlumeVeil, Lemo, TOBH, RoseV2, VA Cyclone, Origin, Veritas, Magma, iStick

Lurker-Q & TWR Co-Mod Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Long story longer, I no longer own a ProVari Mini and I'm out at least 1 IBTanked. Here's the really important part...she hasn't smoked since. That's awesome and cool and all that...but I'm still out my Mini! Hahahaha! I love it when a plan comes together! Thank you ProVape!

LOL's! Great story, now go get yourself a new mini!
    dash, Harleybarbie, NiNi and 2 others like this.
    Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly ~~~Anon

Good job on the intervention part- Bye Bye Provari- guess you now have to buy another hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by Asbestos4004 View Post
    Uh oh...I've really gone and done it this time. Slowly...ever so slowly I've been trying to get my lovely and talented wife to follow suit and drop the cigs. She has been onboard with vaping but not over the top , like me. A while back, I got her an EGO kit and a few juices she'd like. She picked it up from time to time but never quit smoking. Whats good is she enjoys vaping. So I gave her an old Vamo with an old Protank. She liked it better...but still...on the fence. Recently I was out of town and stopped in a B&M just to snoop around a bit. They were running a special on the SVD...I've heard good things and the price was right, so I got her one and some PINK Protank 2's for her. I emphasize PINK so she wouldn't think I was actually buying them for me. She really liked it and showed much more enthusiasm towards vaping as a means of enjoyment and a replacement for tobacco cigarettes. She wanted to try a bunch of my different flavors, so I set up an IGO and we did some dripping together. It was so nice to see her so enthusiastic about vaping and really nice to be able to spend time together in the Vape Lounge...(my office)

Yesterday, I filled a Boge LR with her favorite juice...slapped it in an IBTanked and set up my ProVari Mini in 18350 mode. If you've never seen it, a ProVari Mini in Mini mode with an IBTanked on top is not only small...it's beautiful. Especially with the ProVari beauty ring installed. I walked into the living room and said "hey honey, why don't you try this for the day...I think you'll like it!"

What the hell was I thinking???

NiNi, Asbestos4004 and meanckz like this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Good job Asbestos! It's worth sacrificing a Provari Mini and an IBTanked to get your wife off smokes I'm sure. On the plus side, you can always get more.

PV Master ECF Veteran FlamingoTutu's Avatar

Nice! Hey, it could have been worse, it might have been a flavor one of the dogs liked and the whole shebang pockmarked with K9 tooth marks. She's happy and you get to go shopping.

Here's the thing...and don't you dare tell her...I generally used the mini with the extention cap and an 18490. That made it the same size as my standard ProVari....but I've been eyeballin the SvoeMesto Semovar. Explaining to her why I needed another $200 mod is what has prevented me from hitting the "buy" button so far. I think it's pretty obvious what I need to do in order to stay off cigarettes.

I need to buy a Semovar AND another ProVari Mini!
    ProVari, VaporShark RDNA, Sigelei 100w, HexOhm V2, Reo Grand, Hana DNA 30, 4Nine, Paragon, Penny, King, Nemesis, Overdose, Stingray, Doomsday, SquapeR, Orchid, Kayfun, Taifun, Tugboat, Vulcan, PlumeVeil, Lemo, TOBH, RoseV2, VA Cyclone, Origin, Veritas, Magma, iStick

Ultra Member ECF Veteran degnr8's Avatar

But now Mrs. Asbestos is going to start seeing shinies too. You won't have to fight about vape mail any more, but can you afford two collectors in the house even with her smoking savings?
    Vini, Vidi,Vape

Quote Originally Posted by degnr8 View Post
    But now Mrs. Asbestos is going to start seeing shinies too. You won't have to fight about vape mail any more, but can you afford two collectors in the house even with her smoking savings?
    For Sale: A 5 year old, fully trained Shutzhund certified German Shepherd, A 4 year old Black Lab who can catch any frisbee ever thrown, 2 really cool cats rescued from the wild who have nothing to offer except really bad breath and a lot of laughs, A lightly used 17 year old boy who is 6'5", 260 lbs, bench presses 420 and is a really good left tackle...also offers really bad breath and a lot of laughs, and 4 Oscar fish ranging from 7-10 inches long...not sure about their breath.

I guess you need to update your signature line then

And perhaps she'll buy you one for Xmas!
    NiNi, Asbestos4004 and meanckz like this.

Ursus Praedonum Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by degnr8 View Post
    Just keep her off ECF and you'll be fine! I swear, if I hadn't found this place I'd still be on an ego knockoff with a t3! Stated as I puff away on a Provari and eye my growing collection of mechs, rebuildables and tanks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast