Dire Need!
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Dire Need!

Default Dire Need!

Im in dire need of some new heads for my protanks the 5 pack I bought sucks- and tainting all my juice. I have tried 3 new ones today. I seem to prefer a low resistance and these r 2.5 can't seem to get the voltage right. I think 2.2 would be good? I think its the SID mod I'm using. Can't wait to get my Provari. Hope it makes a difference!! Feeling frustrated I know people say RBA way to go but I just want to put things on and go. To much fidgeting for me? Where do you buy your heads from. Could they be duds or is 2.2 better?
    Last edited by Wildflowers69; 10-27-2013 at 10:35 PM.

I use Protanks on my SID just fine. I prefer a 2.2 coil set to
    9 watts or so. Check for the resistance of the heads and adjust accordingly. The reason why I don't buy a Provari is that it doesn't do variable wattage. And I don't know why heads would ruin juice.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Out of stock except 1.8
    Quote Originally Posted by FlamingoTutu View Post

When I get the burnt- thats all I can taste after
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Crabtree View Post
    I use Protanks on my SID just fine. I prefer a 2.2 coil set to
    9 watts or so. Check for the resistance of the heads and adjust accordingly. The reason why I don't buy a Provari is that it doesn't do variable wattage. And I don't know why heads would ruin juice.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Peace Loving Peoples Republic of Massachusetts

I'm not sure what the point of your post is, but if you try 4.2-4.4 Volts you should be okay. If it's too warm, cut the voltage down or use a longer mouthpiece. You didn't say which juices you use but eventually your coil will gunk up. You can try soaking them but a dry burn is best. Pry the air tube off with the rubber seal, take off any loose flavor wicks and press the fire button for 5 seconds until you see the greyish-white ash form on the coil. Blow off the ash and keep firing until your coils start to glow. Put the flavor wicks back on, or leave one or all of them off if you prefer. Press fit the air tube back in and push down the rubber seal. You should be good to go.

You can wind your own coils and replace them very easily. With just one box of 5 replacement coils you can rotate them, replacing coils as you go. all you need is some 30 gauge Kanthal and some silica wick.
    FlamingoTutu likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Vape Power Chart: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9...949o2_1280.png

Don't have a link but try re-wicking with plain old cotton ball stuff, you boil the cotton, dry, make a thread of it, lay over your coil, trim, and done........that's the short version, isn't hard, someone has got to have a video link somewhere!
    FlamingoTutu likes this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sorry, missed that you wanted 2.2

Quote Originally Posted by Wildflowers69 View Post
    Im in dire need of some new heads for my protanks the 5 pack I bought sucks- and tainting all my juice. I have tried 3 new ones today. I seem to prefer a low resistance and these r 2.5 can't seem to get the voltage right. I think its the SID mod I'm using. Can't wait to get my Provari. Hope it makes a difference!! Feeling frustrated I know people say RBA way to go but I just want to put things on and go. To much fidgeting for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildflowers69 View Post
    Out of stock except 1.8
    note: the 1.8 are the low resistance ones -

I didn't specify-sorry-At this point I am new add don't really know.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlamingoTutu View Post
    Sorry, missed that you wanted 2.2

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast