Non-smokers vaping...
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree204Likes

Thread: Non-smokers vaping...

Blog Entries

Default Non-smokers vaping...

How do you feel about people who never smoked cigarettes vaping?

I was at the only vaping supply store in Maine on Monday (which is also an 18+ only tobacco shop) checking out all their juices. In walks a kid, who I swear was not a day over 18, grabs a bottle of juice and says I should "try the cinnamon roll, it's really good". Now I have no idea if this guy is a young ex-smoker but I doubt it.

I didn't say anything to him as it's not my business but it kind of bugged me. As a 12 year ex-smoker (thanks to vaping) I don't think non-smokers should start vaping anymore than they should pick up a cigarette. BTW the shop only sells juice with nicotine in it.

Am I just being a total snob or does this bother anyone else? I think what makes me cringe the most is the mis-information about e-cigs marketed to children and here's this barely 18 year old vaping.

To each his own....
    durgidog, justagirl and meanckz like this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I may be one of the few out there who still believe - god forbid - that if you are of legal age, and it's legal, you have the right to do whatever you want. You can't get into a hornet's nest of "vaping is ok for them, but not for those". No matter how you look at it, it's a bazillion times better than the alternative.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I guess I’d rather see them vaping. At 18, I would have been a 5 year smoker. Wish vaping was around back then.

Ultra Member Verified Member WillyZee's Avatar

Rickajho pretty much summed it up ... adults make their own choices and should not be judged.

IMO ... it doesn't matter if you are a young adult or a senior ... choices are yours
    Smoke Free since Sept. 22nd 2013 ... Keep Calm & Vape On

And I'm bloody good at it Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Btsmokincat View Post
    How do you feel about people who never smoked cigarettes vaping?

I was at the only vaping supply store in Maine on Monday (which is also an 18+ only tobacco shop) checking out all their juices. In walks a kid, who I swear was not a day over 18, grabs a bottle of juice and says I should "try the cinnamon roll, it's really good". Now I have no idea if this guy is a young ex-smoker but I doubt it.

I didn't say anything to him as it's not my business but it kind of bugged me. As a 12 year ex-smoker (thanks to vaping) I don't think non-smokers should start vaping anymore than they should pick up a cigarette. BTW the shop only sells juice with nicotine in it.

Am I just being a total snob or does this bother anyone else? I think what makes me cringe the most is the mis-information about e-cigs marketed to children and here's this barely 18 year old vaping.

To each his own....
    You don't actually KNOW that the kid wasn't a smoker in the first place. Most kids have definitely tried cigarettes well before they're of age to buy them. Hell, I was a pack a day smoker at age 12.

And yeah, the kid was old enough to make his own choices. He's old enough to die for his country so he's old enough to decide if he wants to vape or not, right?

Oh, and one more thing....what sort of vape shop only sells juice with nicotine in it? That's absurd...lol

Moved On

Other than looking young, what makes you think he wasn't a smoker? I believe most smokers start before age eighteen (I didn't but I was a bit slow in that regards ) Or maybe he's taking up vaping *instead* of smoking. That's what I would have done if e-cigs had been available back then - I started smoking to fit in with my friends.

I agree with Rickajho - if he's old enough to fight (and possibly die) for his country, he's old enough to vape if he wants to. (I believe that for drinking too but that's an unrelated subject).
    Talyon, FlamingoTutu and meanckz like this.

And I'm bloody good at it Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara21 View Post
    Other than looking young, what makes you think he wasn't a smoker? I believe most smokers start before age eighteen (I didn't but I was a bit slow in that regards ) Or maybe he's taking up vaping *instead* of smoking. That's what I would have done if e-cigs had been available back then - I started smoking to fit in with my friends.

I agree with Rickajho - if he's old enough to fight (and possibly die) for his country, he's old enough to vape if he wants to. (I believe that for drinking too but that's an unrelated subject).
    Hey, I'M the one who said that! *pouts*

ECF Moderator
    CASAA Liaison Moderator
    Team ECF (folding@home)
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Unless you asked, you have no way of knowing if the person is or is not an ex-smoker. There are a lot of young people that smoke(d). I'm with Rickajho on this one in any case.

If it was one of my grandchildren, I would rather they took up vaping instead of smoking. I think the novelty would wear off very quickly. Since many of us are able to drop our nic levels, I don't believe nic is quite the addictive ingredient as reported. Something else in cigarettes are more addicting than just the nic.

I personally feel that it won't be nearly as hard to give up vaping if that is all they have done.
    vincentk18, Stosh, mattiem and 7 others like this.
    Smoke Free Since October 5, 2012 ~The Robinator~
    Join CASAA and be a part of standing up for your right to vape.

Vape 4 Life Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Life is about choices, and all adults should be able to do just that choose.......

My Dad fought and died for my right to have choices, Ty DAD!

Now just hoping my stupid government appreciates it the same.

Vapeing for Freedom

ECF Moderator
    CASAA Liaison Moderator
    Team ECF (folding@home)
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

It seems a lot of us had the same thought process.

Did any of you hear the latest? In NY you can't buy any tobacco product unless you're 21. SMH
    E-cigs included
    NiNi and meanckz like this.
    Smoke Free Since October 5, 2012 ~The Robinator~
    Join CASAA and be a part of standing up for your right to vape.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast