Back to Basics
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Back to Basics

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Back to Basics

Been vaping for about 6 months now. Started simple with a TWIST and clearomizers. Since then I have used mechs, tube mods, RBAs, RDAs, tank systems, etc.

Here's my question. Has anyone ever just gone back to the simple eGos and, say, a Protank from all of the expensive, mechanical, rebuildable stuff? There's no telling how much money I have in my current stuff.
    eGo TWIST > ZMAX v3 > GP Paps > eGo TWIST > Provari Mini

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I've seen it happen but not often. There was a thread a few days ago form a vaper asking for suggestions for good cig-a-likes. I remember one of his mods was a Provari. Got tired of the big toys and just wanted to go back to small stuff. Whatever works for someone is the best gear for them
    degnr8, Rocketpunk, SPM3 and 2 others like this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I ever left the basics?

Yes I use mechs and rebuildables. My main vape these days is a REO Grand + RM2.

BUT

I still have 5 ego batterys sitting here that get used daily. I flat prefer them for driving or watching TV at night when I am likely to fall asleep and drop them.

There is room for all type of vape gear in anyone's tacklebox.

PV Master ECF Veteran DetraMental's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I still use my eGo's daily although I have mods to use.

Have a sense of humor, keep a sense of humor, don't lose your sense of humor....

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I occasionally use my ego twist and evod when out and about
    but it is really amazing what a downgrade in flavor it is compared to RDA

Super Member ECF Veteran Fizzpop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerChris View Post
    Been vaping for about 6 months now. Started simple with a TWIST and clearomizers. Since then I have used mechs, tube mods, RBAs, RDAs, tank systems, etc.

Here's my question. Has anyone ever just gone back to the simple eGos and, say, a Protank from all of the expensive, mechanical, rebuildable stuff? There's no telling how much money I have in my current stuff.
    Does a hybrid approach count? My "sitting at home setup" is a Zen-Atty-Pro on top of a Provari. Love it. But when I am out of the house and on the go, I just use a simple eGo stick with a mini-Davide. It gives a pretty damn good vape, is easy to pocket, and if I break or lose it I'm not out a lot of money.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

When out fishing/boating/diving, I still use my ol' eGo batts with da near archaic eMDCCs; KI$$.
    DancingHeretik likes this.
    If I'm awake, I vape!
    No 'bakky' since Apr 14, 2011, after 45 years of 2 PaD <insert Snoopy dance here>

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I have mods, Spinners and auto sticks. The sticks are great for hands free vaping, as long as I put something in the lower end of resistance on them (Think Vivi Nano, or LR cartos).

Don't see any particular reason to be exclusive. Different devices for different times. Sometimes a Spinner on a lanyard is really convenient. Sometimes I'm doing things that might put a spendy mod at risk...
    JJOOHHNN likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member Criticalmass's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerChris View Post

More than most people would think I bet. I think it's odd that people will spend 200.00 on a mod but will then use their eGo's for out-and-about.-- To me that's like owning a nice car and then putting it on a trailer any time you want to take it somewhere. Then again I spend a lot of my time these days trying to slim-down the amount of gadgets I need to maintain. I already have too many. hehe. And I don't have a huge collection of firearms either. I have exactly two now, after years of having all types.
    Last edited by Criticalmass; 10-31-2013 at 03:10 PM.

Join The Resistance

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by DougW1971 View Post
    More than most people would think I bet. I think it's odd that people will spend 200.00 on a mod but will then use their eGo's for out-and-about. Then again I spend a lot of my time these days trying to slim-down the amount of gadgets I need to maintain. I already have too many. hehe.
    Nope not strange at all. I LOVE my REO but I have small hands and I just can't manage the heavy REO AND a steering wheel at the same time. Hence I drive with an ego bat.

Add in the fact that here the cops are pretty ignorant of the various vaping devices. My vamo while out and about has cause me to be pulled over twice by a cop checking for drug paraphernalia. Yep ego while driving is much smarter for me.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast