Ready to start using carto tanks. Help me decide what to buy? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Ready to start using carto tanks. Help me decide what to buy?

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by InTheClouds View Post
    Baditude has a good blog here about carto tanks and cartos... a lot of good info there. I would link the blog (it's on ECF) but I don't know how.
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...help-noob.html

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

So I got my juice. Primed my cartomizer using the drip method until it came out of the hole in the bottom, filled my tank (while using my nifty little tank tool), started vaping. It's okay. Nothing to write home about. Vaping on an eGo variable voltage battery. Not sure what voltage I should have it at for optimal performance. The trial and error continues.

Quote Originally Posted by TaraDacty1 View Post
    So I got my juice. Primed my cartomizer using the drip method until it came out of the hole in the bottom, filled my tank (while using my nifty little tank tool), started vaping. It's okay. Nothing to write home about. Vaping on an eGo variable voltage battery. Not sure what voltage I should have it at for optimal performance. The trial and error continues.
    What ohms is the carto?

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

1pc. 1.5ohm dual coil cartomizer w/flange and pre-drilled hole - I figured I'd use the one the tank came with to start out on. The extra I ordered is a 2.0 single coil, 2 holes. Have not used that one yet. I like a warmer vape. The 1.5 will give warmer than the 2.0 correct?

It should, but I'm not the expert of warm/cool vapes.
    That said, I usually run my 1.5 ohm cartos at around 4.2 volts. But that's a personal preference for me. I can vary between 3.9 and 4.2, really. You just have to find your sweet spot with the kind of juice you are using too. You can run them higher if you want. I think after you get the taste of them, you will find that they are definitely more consistent than most other tanks out there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TaraDacty1 View Post
    1pc. 1.5ohm dual coil cartomizer w/flange and pre-drilled hole - I figured I'd use the one the tank came with to start out on. The extra I ordered is a 2.0 single coil, 2 holes. Have not used that one yet. I like a warmer vape. The 1.5 will give warmer than the 2.0 correct?
    Probably. I prefer a cool vape and do not like dual coils nor low resistance cartos, I just find them to be too harsh.

The 1.5 ohm dual coils cartos are actually two 3.0 ohm coils. The ohm meter sees the cartomizer as a single resistance regardless if there are one or two coils. You might also try a single coil 1.5 ohm or 1.8 ohm just to see if you prefer that more.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by InTheClouds View Post
    Baditude has a good blog here about carto tanks and cartos... a lot of good info there. I would link the blog (it's on ECF) but I don't know how.
    Baditude's Blogs

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234