Ready to start using carto tanks. Help me decide what to buy?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Ready to start using carto tanks. Help me decide what to buy?

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Ready to start using carto tanks. Help me decide what to buy?

I've been reading and learning and watching the videos. But when it comes time to order, I'm getting confused (in terms of size & ohm's mostly)

What will fit and look nice on a eGo Twist/spinner type batteries? I like the size of the mini kanger protank, but the vape is too cool for me. I want/need a warmer vape. Doesn't have to be pyrex since I generally don't use tank cracking liquids.

So, halp plz?

ECF Veteran

Smoktech EgO Dual Coil Tank (DCT)

I think I found what I am looking for :o

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

You would probably be better off with one or two of these: Dual Coil Cartomizer Tank as they don't use a proprietary carto like the ones you found and they can be used on any 510 threaded device. You may want to get one or two of these to make things look better: Ego Adapter for tanks
    And get some of these for the tank: http://www.hoosierecig.com/Pre-Punched-Replacement-tank-cartomizers_p_55.html , I would recommend getting the 2 ohm, Single coil, 2 hole to start with then you can adjust ohms to your liking. If you have problems with keeping the coils wet, you may need to get some with 3 holes. If they're out, I look at SmokTek.com or MadVapes, they carry the same thing.
    Smoke Free Since September 9, 2009

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by BardicDruid View Post
    You would probably be better off with one or two of these: Dual Coil Cartomizer Tank as they don't use a proprietary carto like the ones you found and they can be used on any 510 threaded device. You may want to get one or two of these to make things look better: Ego Adapter for tanks
    And get some of these for the tank: http://www.hoosierecig.com/Pre-Punched-Replacement-tank-cartomizers_p_55.html , I would recommend getting the 2 ohm, Single coil, 2 hole to start with then you can adjust ohms to your liking. If you have problems with keeping the coils wet, you may need to get some with 3 holes. If they're out, I look at SmokTek.com or MadVapes, they carry the same thing.
    Which size tank would be sleek with the eGo?

ECF Veteran

Nevermind. Just noticed 3.5 & 6 ML so I figured out the answer to my own question. Thank you.

ECF Veteran

Placed my order. Thanks again. Can't wait to try carto tank set ups. Think I'm done with clearo's

ECF Veteran

So I placed my order and the cartomizer is a tiny bit taller than the tank it came in. Is that normal??

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by TaraDacty1 View Post
    So I placed my order and the cartomizer is a tiny bit taller than the tank it came in. Is that normal??
    Received. Not placed. This sucks. It's like 1/8th of an inch taller than the tank. Both cartomizers.

Quote Originally Posted by TaraDacty1 View Post
    Received. Not placed. This sucks. It's like 1/8th of an inch taller than the tank. Both cartomizers.
    What did you wind up ordering?

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

It shouldn't make a huge difference in how it works. It will just raise up the drip tip a little bit.

Still, it's odd that there's that much difference. Where did you buy them from?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast