Just placed my first order for Authentic Boba's Bounty - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Just placed my first order for Authentic Boba's Bounty

State College, Pennsylvania, United States

I got my (real) BB in a few days ago and of course I had to try it. I didn't hate it but I didn't love it either, I really couldn't feel any throat hit at all. I just left the lid off for a while and set it in a drawer hoping it'll get better. This is my first non menthol liquid which may be why I don't feel the TH.

I too ordered menthol drops with mine, has anyone added menthol to it? It's a weird flavor and I can't quite imagine if menthol would go well with it or not. I'll probably give it a shot if I still don't like it after a while. I think if it had a better TH I'd like it better. It's 12mg.
    R. Scott Kennan likes this.

*PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I didn't care for BB when I first tried it. I actually preferred Dorky Stud from Vapetrik and Tribeca from Halo for my 'tobacco' juices.

But then I tried it again, and it was alright, so I bought a 30ml and vaped around 5ml and set it aside.

When I bought my VMOD XL, I thought I'd give it another go - and wow. The complexity of the juice really came through, and now BB is one of two juices I vape all the time. (Other is hawk sauce when I want a fruity vape)

I'm not sure I would recommend anyone buy 100ml of a juice they have never tried, but even if you don't really like it, you could always sell it in the classifieds.

I'm not sure I would add any menthol to it. I personally would buy it straight and then you can add a couple of drops of your own menthol to a few mls to see if it's going to work for you.

Super Member ECF Veteran tricci's Avatar

Let the 100ml bottle steep for a month. Don't try it when you first get it. Leave the cap off for 24 hours. The cap it and shake it once a day for a month, then enjoy.
    LP Reo Grand w/ RM2, Svoemesto Semovar V3 w/ Kayfun 3.1 ES, Green Ihybrid Pure, Infinite Copper Stingray LE w/ Ehpro Atomic RDA...

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by InTheShade View Post
    I'm not sure I would add any menthol to it. I personally would buy it straight and then you can add a couple of drops of your own menthol to a few mls to see if it's going to work for you.
    The menthol came separately. I figured it would be good to have on hand for when I start mixing my own juices anyway.
    Last edited by R. Scott Kennan; 11-01-2013 at 08:08 PM.
    InTheShade likes this.

...And before that I was a dual user for a year. WTA for the win.
    Join CASAA.

Quote Originally Posted by tricci View Post
    Let the 100ml bottle steep for a month. Don't try it when you first get it. Leave the cap off for 24 hours. The cap it and shake it once a day for a month, then enjoy.
    Unfortunately, I can't do that this time around. I have a limited nicotine budget to keep my wife happy, and that's all I'll have for the next month aside from a few liquids I got locally. If I even moderately like it though, I'll buy an extra one to steep next time.

Unless I outright hated it (which I doubt), anything would be better than the first juice I started with. It's supposed to be a Marlboro flavor, but I can't taste anything in it. I also have a Dekang 3&5 style flavor that I actually like when I can taste it. I find that the more I vape it, and if I drink a lot of tea throughout the day I can't taste anything from it for a while. I use a menthol flavor I like to get me past those times.

I only have a few bottles of those though, so most of the month I'll have to vape Boba's Bounty whether I like it or not.

Join CASAA.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Don't worry about steeping if you can't. I enjoy fresh boba's. It has a strong black tea taste, and it evolves into something even better.

The whole thing with using ratios to figure out wicking is kinda bs. Boba's is 100% vg, but I have thicker 50/50 liquids. The really sweet and/or dark flavors are the real identifier in delivery method. AVE's english toffee is 100%vg, and it won't work with anything outside of a dripper. It destroyed a non-punched carto before i really had time to vape it. I'd feel fine using boba's in a single punched carto.
    R. Scott Kennan likes this.

Ultra Super Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I vaping some right now!!!!! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by suspectK View Post
    Don't worry about steeping if you can't. I enjoy fresh boba's. It has a strong black tea taste, and it evolves into something even better.
    Beautiful. I love black tea, and drink it constantly.

Join CASAA.

So I got the email that my package shipped today, however, when I go to track it (I've tried several times), the USPS site says it's "Not Found", with the following message:

Delivery status information is not available for your item via this web site.
    A return receipt after mailing may be available through your local Post Office.
    Is this a common issue with mail order juices, or AVE in particular, or just my bad luck? I sent an email to AVE, but haven't heard back yet. I know they're busy over there.

Join CASAA.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I just received my Boba's, Gorilla Juice, and Sweet Tart today.

The Boba's tastes a lot like tea but isn't bad. It will be interesting to see what it tastes like in a week. The Gorilla Juice is pretty darned good, though. Haven't tried the Sweet Tart but I imagine it will taste like Sweet Tart....lol

I don't think there was updated tracking on my order, either, so it will likely just get there when it gets there.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast