Protank 2 leaking - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Protank 2 leaking

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I agree with the above also. Those are all good ideas. Or there might be a hole in your protank? haha

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Did you screw the coil down tight? Sometime easiest fix is the problem
    Ld3441 and Criticalmass like this.

Ultra Member Verified Member Criticalmass's Avatar

I have noticed that the coil on my mini-protank 2 will come unscrewed (heh) each time I refill (though I didn't notice it when I visually checked it). I found this out last night when it leaked all over my hand. lol. So I have to make sure to tighten it up on each refill. This does not happen with my EVOD tanks.

ECF Veteran

I have 3 and have had no problems with any of them until last night when I cleaned one along with cleaning others. It was leaking popping gurgling like crazy. When I took it apart again to look and see what was going on, I had an EXTRA o-ring in there. not sure exactly how that happened. Upon putting it back together again it works perfect. Check it out and make sure it all together properly.
    Criticalmass likes this.
    I doubt I will save any money anytime soon....

ECF Veteran

If not the coil, check the o-ring on the base
    Criticalmass likes this.

Senior Member Verified Member
    Blog Entries

Had my pro tank 2 for two weeks very light use (2 uses as daily vape), will leak overnight after leaving leftover juice in tank to finish next day... I'll check some of these suggests.
    Criticalmass likes this.

I would suggest getting a new tank, I have had three protanks and they all started leaking at the o-rings. Might want to check out crave tank clones there around the same price but the quality is 100% better, got one a while ago and have not had a single problem with leaking and they come with extra o-ring's if you do have a problem.

Full Member Verified Member

Quote Originally Posted by Translations View Post
    I would suggest getting a new tank, I have had three protanks and they all started leaking at the o-rings. Might want to check out crave tank clones there around the same price but the quality is 100% better, got one a while ago and have not had a single problem with leaking and they come with extra o-ring's if you do have a problem.
    I've just had the one protank and have had 0 issues. If the o-ring gives out just replace the o-ring. Also I think you may have been screwing it together to tight if you had the same issue with all three. Build quality on it is amazing IMO.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
    Criticalmass likes this.

ECF Veteran

The new boxed PT2's , mini's and prolly other kangers that take the protank heads have a opaque silicone looking positive insulator and its real crap. Its the heads that are included in the box, they are so soft that its easily squished and cutting off airflow and could cause leaking. The heads in the blister 5 packs are whiteish and more rubber looking. I got both PT2's, mini's and heads from the same coop the other day and have 2 different color of insulators. Just gently pull the pin outwarda iota and pull the insulator down and reround it and you should be good until you add that extra 1/16 turn and it squishes again especially if its saturated with juice..What a Pain. I'm very unhappy with this and have to waste all the included heads to save myself the frustration.

Numbers reflect the savings by both my wife and I quitting at the same time.
    Our Independence Day was March 25, 2013.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran danca90's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outcast View Post
    I did not remove a flaver stick shod i
    Not until you know how to rebuild them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12